TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Cats and Other Animals › My poor little dog
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My poor little dog

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
My little Sophie had an emergancy spay last week. She was doing wonderful, until last night, she began vomitting around supper time last night. I was up with her all night, this morning I put her in the tub to give her a little wash. she squatted as if to have a bowel movement, there was a pool of blood about the size of a plate, under her. I rushed her to the vet at 7, this morning. I am waiting for word.
post #2 of 29
Awwwww, poor thing!!! Any word yet?
post #3 of 29
Oh my gosh, I hope she is ok! Keep us posted!
post #4 of 29
aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww, I do hope she is alright.
post #5 of 29
Poor baby. Hope she's okay.

post #6 of 29
I hope she will be ok.
post #7 of 29
My gosh! Any word yet?

post #8 of 29
Oh No Vibes for Sophie
post #9 of 29
Thread Starter 
still waiting. I am so scared
post #10 of 29
Maybe you should call them and see what's going on, someone should have updated you by now!
post #11 of 29
Thread Starter 
I have been calling all afternoon. I also dropped by twice. The vet is waiting for some tests. I don't know if he's being cautious, or it's really bad news.
post #12 of 29
Sending lots of vibes her way!
post #13 of 29
Thread Starter 
Vet just phoned, he gave her some medications, about an hour later she ate a little food, she hasn't passed any more blood. He said if she passes the food tomorrow normally , she should be alright. He believes she was POISONED . There were two dogs poisoned a week ago. one block from here. I have phoned all my neighbours. so they can keep an eye on their dogs. Who would poison a 5 1/2 pound toy pom
post #14 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjerkness View Post
Vet just phoned, he gave her some medications, about an hour later she ate a little food, she hasn't passed any more blood. He said if she passes the food tomorrow normally , she should be alright. He believes she was POISONED . There were two dogs poisoned a week ago. one block from here. I have phoned all my neighbours. so they can keep an eye on their dogs. Who would poison a 5 1/2 pound toy pom
so it was rectal bleeding? i think something like warfarin could cause that... that's how it's used to kill rats, anyway.
poor baby! hopefully whatever she got into wasn't intentional!
sending & her way...
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjerkness View Post
Vet just phoned, he gave her some medications, about an hour later she ate a little food, she hasn't passed any more blood. He said if she passes the food tomorrow normally , she should be alright. He believes she was POISONED . There were two dogs poisoned a week ago. one block from here. I have phoned all my neighbours. so they can keep an eye on their dogs. Who would poison a 5 1/2 pound toy pom
Poor dog, I have a pom too. I hope it wasn't on purpose.

More
post #16 of 29
awwwww, I had a black pom for 13 years... great puppies. I hope everything goes very well for her with no lasting damage.
post #17 of 29
Thread Starter 
Sophie has taken a turn for the worst last night. The vet is going to do some more tests, He said is doesn't look good. To make matters worse. Gus escaped this morning. He ran out between the kids feet. I am so worried he is going to poisoned too.
post #18 of 29
oh no! vibes for the best How can people be so awful
post #19 of 29
Jeez, what kind of sicko goes around poisioning dogs or any animal for that matter?! Is the vet sure it`s poisoning? Seems weird it`s so soon after her spay.

Come on Sophie! Get better soon sweets
post #20 of 29
Thread Starter 
The vet believes she was poisoned. As it stands now, she has an enlarged heart, and congested lungs. He is putting her on heart pills, She has eaten a little bit of food. The xrays of her stomach, and other tests show no signs of illness. we are going to bring her home. All we can do now, is hope and pray she will recover.
post #21 of 29
Oh I hope she gets better. What a rotten thing to have happen - scary for her and for you. I can't see how anyone would do that on purpose.
post #22 of 29
Oh my gosh! Do you have any more updates for us?
post #23 of 29
^What they said... any updates? I hope everything is ok for your little Sophie... poor girl! How scary! I hope she gets better fast Im so sorry!
post #24 of 29
Thread Starter 
Sophie is at home. She is on heart diet food, three medications, and a nutrition supplement. The heart damage is permanent. She is in congestive heart failure. we will keep going until, she is no longer happy, or in pain. she sleeps a lot, but still loves to snuggle and be held. I am haveing a hard time with this. Sophie is only 6 years old, She is my little furry girl. When the time comes, I don't know how, I am going to let her go.
post #25 of 29
We never know how to let them go, it's the hardest thing to do. All you can do is snuggle with her and make her as comfortable as you can for as long as you can.
that you and she enjoy your time together for as long as possible.
post #26 of 29
Oh my gosh, I am soooo sorry. HUGS to both you and Sophie.
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaCaliente View Post
Oh my gosh, I am soooo sorry. HUGS to both you and Sophie.
glad she's back home w/you... she'll let you know when the time comes, i'm sure.
post #28 of 29
I am so dreadfully sorry to hear this. I hope that once the initial shock of the illness passes, that she is able to recover a little and enjoy the time she has left with you. Our darling dogs are so remarkable - they can hang on out of pure love and loyalty for far longer than we ever think they're going to.

The best thing we can do for them is recognise when they've had enough and the only thing keeping them going is love - then it's our turn to repay that love and put them to rest. I hope this day is a long way off for your little angel.
post #29 of 29
Oh I am so sorry. I just want to cry for you Just hug her tight give her lots of hugs and kisses, and Im sure you will... poor little thing. At least she has some time with you first... :hug: I am so very sorry for you and for your little girl.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cats and Other Animals
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Cats and Other Animals › My poor little dog