Lena

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to have Lena put to sleep this morning. She went downhill really, really fast with the FIP.

She had stopped eating anything, and I tried to force feed her last weekend with the prescription food the vet gave me, but then, it seemed so stressful for her, so I stopped. Then I tried putting down baby food, tuna, boiled chicken. She would take a couple bites and then stop, spent all of her time in the closet. Then a couple of days ago, she stopped eating all together.

I couldn't let her suffer anymore, and when I took her this morning, the vet said it had advanced really fast, and she now had fluid on her belly, which she didn't last week.

I'm just so sad. It's always sad to lose a pet and have to make this decision, and at least with a really old cat you can tell yourself, "Well, she/he had a good long life." Lena was barely a year old. She didn't have a chance to live a long life. What an awful disease. I can't stop crying.

At least she got to spend a couple of months off the street.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry, but you are right, she died loved in a home, and someone will mourn her loss deeply.

Play happily & healthily over the Rainbow Bridge, Lena.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry
FIP is a very nasty disease, but at least Lena got to experience love! RIP Lena

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that evil disease steals far too many of our babies away.

the way you describe lena's final days are just the same as my boy who i lost last october.

i'm so sorry for your loss but as others have said, grateful to know that precious lena knew love and happiness because of you.

take care.

RIP sweet lena.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on your sad loss of Lena - you did the right thing in sparing her from having to suffer. It took tremendous courage and LOVE to make that decision. Lena crossed the RB with your love to light her way, a very lucky cat who was blessed to know what it was to have a home, a family, a safe place to sleep, toys, food. And Heaven knows what a treasure she was to you and will take good care of her until you are reunited over RB someday, this time forever....
Godspeed, Lena

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your very kind words, everyone.

Lena was such a sweet, sweet little kitty. I know it was the right thing to do, but I'll miss her sweet little presence.

Larry looks like he misses her too. He keeps going into the closet to see if she's there. They were together all their lives. And he's become pretty affectionate with me......I think he's going to make me his new playmate.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Condolences on your sad loss of Lena - you did the right thing in sparing her from having to suffer. It took tremendous courage and LOVE to make that decision. Lena crossed the RB with your love to light her way, a very lucky cat who was blessed to know what it was to have a home, a family, a safe place to sleep, toys, food. And Heaven knows what a treasure she was to you and will take good care of her until you are reunited over RB someday, this time forever....
Godspeed, Lena
you had enormous strength & love...