Nutro stoppped making cat food??

chupi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is this true? We placed an order with a shop for this, and were told that the company were taken over by the Mars company, and have stopped the cat line.

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah.. what Cloud_Shade said.
I just read their press releases, as well. I've had no trouble finding Nutro products in almost all the pet food places near me. Perhaps the company you went through stopped carrying their line /because/ they were bought by Mars, and not that Nutro stopped the line? Or maybe they were simply misinformed.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand Mars is pretty much letting Nutro operate as they have been (same executive management, etc.), which is a Mars trademark in business - I just talked to the Nutro rep at my local Petsmart last Sunday and there was absolutely no indication that the cat line was being discontinued. A while back there were some production issues in getting the small bags - the packaging, not the food - but I've seen nothing to worry about.

I'd talk to the shop again, and maybe contact Nutro itself - everytime I called them during the recall, phone reps were quite responsive.

Sorry, just noticed you're in the UK, but as far as I know, Mars has been a global operation for quite a while. Don't know why they'd stop UK operations.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Max cat was reformulated slightly and that with the bag issue lead to some delays ... JCat can you shed light as I noticed somewhere you said Nutro was no longer in Germany??

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nutro is finished over here as well, has something to do with an ingredient so they are not selling it here anymore. There was an article about it somewhere, if I find it I'll post the link.

wendyr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I just tried to order some on-line, but it appears that they are having some problems over here in Europe...ugh.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I found this article. In Europe, it looks like anti-trust and problems with distribution. They are still making the food; not distributing it in Europe any more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chupi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So gutted!!!
I've rang around lots of shops, and they have all tried ordering this for me with the same result - no more UK stock left!

My cats have been doing really well on this stuff, now I have to find an alternative for the first time in their lives :'(
to Nutro!!! (thats water btw not vibes, lol)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Max cat was reformulated slightly and that with the bag issue lead to some delays ... JCat can you shed light as I noticed somewhere you said Nutro was no longer in Germany??
I haven't gotten an explanation other than what was in the article Jana linked to.

I'm afraid that it might never be available again, as we had similar issues with Innova and California Natural over here, and some other N. American producers refuse to even try to ship over here now.

mama of bronte

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would contact their customer service as they were having packaging issues, as well as issues getting a certain ingredient, but i was told all would be well by the end of June...