Dallas TCS Meetup -- we're going to Plan B! Please read!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee's wife Sheri called me tonight to say that we need to postpone our meeting after all. As you know, they both wanted so much to make it happen as planned, in spite of everything... but Lee's recovery is just going to take a little longer than they hoped.

Sheri feels that even a short delay will be enough, and she's hoping for a date anywhere from mid-June into July. The Fourth of July weekend would be fine with her, too, if that works.

So let's all post (or PM to me, if you'd rather) our available Saturdays and Sundays for the next few months, in case anything has changed from our previous list. I'll compile the information and talk to Sheri... and someday soon, we will get together!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I might be able to make it then! I have family stuff the weekends of June 7, 14, 28, and a big committee meeting for research somewhere the week of July 14th...but I think other than that, I'm free. Of course, that's most of June.
I'm not sure what's going on the fourth of July weekend yet.

Lee, get better soon! We want you to enjoy this when we get all together!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd prefer a saturday, myself. it's easier to post my non-available ones, tho

i'm busy on 6/14 & 7/24-7/28. then i have school stuff starting on 8/5.
[i also have no life outside of TCS
]

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only day that I have a previous commitment in that time frame is June 7.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot make any Sundays. As far as weekends, I am busy the weekends of June 27-29 and July 4-6. Those are the only two weekends I know I have something.
Get better , Lee!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I work June 21st-22nd. I leave June 27th and come back July 20th. Looks like I may not be able to go with being gone so long.
That's a shame, but there's always next time. We've definitely got to arrange a meeting here in Germany!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just a little while ago.... I started to panic... (I haven't been here much lately), I started thinking about the date today, and then I thought OMG!!!
Am I suppose to be going to Dallas tomorrow? So I went to the lounge and scrolled down to find this thread, I am so glad I found it! Lee we all totally
understand, I really didn't think you would be up to the meeting with everything that has happened!! I hope and pray you are doing better, so
please take care of yourself!

Carol, I can come anytime, so whenever you all decide, just let me know !!
Still excited!!!!!

Monique

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Lee's wife Sheri called me tonight to say that we need to postpone our meeting after all. As you know, they both wanted so much to make it happen as planned, in spite of everything... but Lee's recovery is just going to take a little longer than they hoped.

Sheri feels that even a short delay will be enough, and she's hoping for a date anywhere from mid-June into July. The Fourth of July weekend would be fine with her, too, if that works.

So let's all post (or PM to me, if you'd rather) our available Saturdays and Sundays for the next few months, in case anything has changed from our previous list. I'll compile the information and talk to Sheri... and someday soon, we will get together!
I really do feel bad about this whole thing, I would almost rather die than be the one to have to change the date. But DWs are always right about these things which is one reason women live longer than men. (Men don't go to doctors, women do.) Sheri would add that another reason is that women normally don't start wars but that sounds like an IMO topic and I never go there,

Persi & Alley are staying with my SIL right now and I have in home health care. I actually get my beloved cats back on Monday. I have the Feliways plugged in and my plan is to put their litter box on the first floor and let them experiment around until they finally venture up the first flight of stairs. The bedrooms are on the third floor. The kats will not be allowed to use the elevator!

I just want you all to know how much we had both anticipated this get together and it is so ironic that Persi himself is the reason we had to change this date.
The official reason according to most of the doctors that I have seen in the past month is that had I not taken antibiotics for the cat bite, I would not have set myself up for getting something worse. Regardless, I am betting that Persi will beat Alley into the bedrooms and things will be back to normal before long. Well, thanks to Carol for her fine efforts, this is all going to be worth it all in the end. Each day I tell myself this is going to be the day that we get back to the daily KatKwiz and KatKwery, No matter what happens, somebody reading this is going to win 100,000 points for just doing what we all love doing - talking about our cats.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee, don't worry about changing the date, just get better!

We care more about your health than the day that we meet.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Lee, don't worry about changing the date, just get better!

We care more about your health than the day that we meet.
so true! sending healing & calming & - we'll meet when we meet... postponing may actually mean that Miss Mew might be there, as well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I really do feel bad about this whole thing, I would almost rather die than be the one to have to change the date.
Lee, I want you to call Sheri in, let her read that statement, and ask her on my behalf to smack you (gently) upside the head for it, okay?

Sheesh. It wouldn't be a meetup without you, sir, and we are all more than happy to wait until you're bright-eyed and bushy-tailed again!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I really do feel bad about this whole thing, I would almost rather die than be the one to have to change the date.
And you probably don't realize this, but I cancelled out of the trip due to my own health issues right now. So postponing might allow me to come after all!

My preferences: at least a few weeks from now to make sure I'm back to health. I won't be able to attend past July 13th thru mid August. My preference is not the 4th of July weekend as DH usually hosts a big party at our house around that time.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Lee, I think Persi & Alley are both going to surprise you by whizzing up and down the stairs at the very first opportunity.

Get healthy again, and make sure you take lots of pictures of everybody when you all meet

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

Just a little while ago.... I started to panic... (I haven't been here much lately), I started thinking about the date today, and then I thought OMG!!!

I've been absent myself for the past few days, and realized I had better check in to find out if whether or not the meet-up was still going to occur. I can't say that I'm really very surprised that it's been postponed: I really didn't think that Lee would be up to having it, so soon after being released from the hospital...

I'm sorry to hear that's it's been postponed, b/c I was really looking forward to meeting you all. But Lee's health is defininitely more important right now.

We won't be able to attend the re-scheduled meet-up, for several reasons.
The main reason being is b/c my son & granddaughter are coming to visit from out-of-state, the end of June or the beginning of July. And I wouldn't miss that for anything.

I hope y'all have a really good time at the meet-up, and I wish we could make it.
And I hope you recover soon, Lee!

Tiff