question about World's Best litter

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PLEASE DON'T RESPOND TO THIS THREAD. The title is misleading so I started a new thread called "How to keep urine balls from sticking?"

I've finally given up hope that Jeta is going to start pooping in the Feline Pine (pellets) box instead of on the floor next to it. So, I'm looking at scoopable litters. I've decided to try World's Best first since lots of folks here seem to like it.

My biggest objection to scoopable litters has always been how really icky it is to have to scape a urine ball off of the bottom or side of the box. One suggestion I've heard is to keep the litter deep enough so that the urine ball is always suspended, so to speak. But it doesn't matter how deep the litter is, my guys are going to dig to the bottom and pee on it. I've also seen the suggestion to spray the box with Pam before adding the litter. I tried this once and it worked great for the first day or so but after that the non-stick property seemed to wear off. But this test was with a litter other than World's Best.

I'm using the Pam method with World's Best and the non-stick property seems to be lasting better but it's only been a couple of days.

So, I guess my question is, is there a "best" way to prevent urine balls from sticking to the bottom or side of the box?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Edit: Dang! I just realized I picked a really bad title for this thread. It really isn't a question about World's Best but is a question about keeping urine balls from sticking. There isn't a way to change the title is there?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With World's best I find that the urine clump tends to stick less to the pan, but still sticks a bit and can require a small scrape.

I started using the DuraScoop litter scoop, made of metal it has a really comfy handle and is much easier to use than the plastic scoopers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

With World's best I find that the urine clump tends to stick less to the pan, but still sticks a bit and can require a small scrape.

I started using the DuraScoop litter scoop, made of metal it has a really comfy handle and is much easier to use than the plastic scoopers.
Oh yeah, I can see how a metal scoop would definitely help! Thanks for the tip!