Shoulder pain

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've dealt with it in my right shoulder on and off for like eight years. Usually it's aggravated by a repetitive task at a job or something. I've been to the doc for it, several times. Had an x-ray done. I'm always told it's tendinitis. Well for the past two weeks when I sleep on my right side, I wake up in excruciating pain. It feels like there's broken glass in my shoulder. After I get up though and move my arm around it feels better. Now I've been a side sleeper all my life. My shoulder has never hurt just from sleeping on it. I have no clue what could be causing this.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it right is your shoulder or does it gravitate towards your shoulder blade..
If it does chances are it's bursitis which has a tendency to flare up in the spring if the weather is damp. It might be something to look into.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Is it right is your shoulder or does it gravitate towards your shoulder blade..
If it does chances are it's bursitis which has a tendency to flare up in the spring if the weather is damp. It might be something to look into.
It's just in the shoulder. Like where the ball and socket are. Last year when I had problems with it from my job it hurt in my shoulder and where my collar bone is. Sometimes if I moved it a certain why I could feel a popping by my collar bone. That's when I had the x-ray done.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have similar issues with mine and discovered it's because I partially dislocate it! I mentioned to a doctor how trying to roll over in bed one night caused a loud pop and resulted in pain that lasted for 11 days - she said it sounds like I'm hypermobile in my shoulders too. I've learn how to realign it and have less pain now but the general area is still weaker then my left arm.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I've thought about this before. When I was a kid I was climbing a tree and fell and landed on my right shoulder. I didn't fall hard enough to break anything or do any noticable damage at the time. Maybe I have arthritis in my shoulder or something.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Arthritis would show on x-ray. It looks a brighter white, and more fuzzy/indistinct then regular bone. Connective tissue problems tend not to show, though.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never did tell my doc about falling on my shoulder either. Maybe I should mention it.