TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Reasons NOT to vote for Barak Obama
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons NOT to vote for Barak Obama - Page 2

post #31 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeHacker View Post
Well, I AM going to vote for Obama, and I'm proud to say it. I am also a non practicing American Jew. I think we at least need to TRY the Dipomatic road, before going crazy and bombing another Country. I'd also like to know what right does the US have to Police the World? We wouldn't have half of the problems, and terrorists after us, if we'd just keep out of other nations, business. We have been the World's Bully long enough.
This is just my own take on this but, do you remember learning about WW1 and WW2 in school? US got into WW1 at the end. Germany was defeated...woohoo. We let them go about their business. They called it "appeasment". We and everyone else looked the other way and Germany rebuilds their army without anyone saying anything. Hence comes WW2, when the US got attacked in Pearl Harbor. The Allies kicked their butts...finally...after many deaths on both sides.

Fast forward to 9/11. We're attacked again. So, hence another war.

So, I can understand the US for watching what is going on and to step in when needed to keep that from happening again. Some fights aren't worth it, but we don't know that going into it.

Bottom line is, history not learned is doomed to be repeated. I say, better a good offense than a bad defense. Just my opinion.
post #32 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post
This is just my own take on this but, do you remember learning about WW1 and WW2 in school? US got into WW1 at the end. Germany was defeated...woohoo. We let them go about their business. They called it "appeasment". We and everyone else looked the other way and Germany rebuilds their army without anyone saying anything. Hence comes WW2, when the US got attacked in Pearl Harbor. The Allies kicked their butts...finally...after many deaths on both sides.

Fast forward to 9/11. We're attacked again. So, hence another war.

So, I can understand the US for watching what is going on and to step in when needed to keep that from happening again. Some fights aren't worth it, but we don't know that going into it.

Bottom line is, history not learned is doomed to be repeated. I say, better a good offense than a bad defense. Just my opinion.
Appeasement =/= diplomacy. History is doomed to repeat, and it's the lessons from the times we did just go in face first guns blaring that are the most important lessons now.

Aside from that, we simply can't have another war unless it's absolutely the only option. We will collapse.

You see, another lesson from WWII is that Hitler lost because he got cocky and decided to start a two-front war without the resources to do so.
post #33 of 47
at least not as they are fighting it now.
post #34 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom
You see, another lesson from WWII is that Hitler lost because he got cocky and decided to start a two-front war without the resources to do so.
Invading Russia is the biggest reason why Hitler lost WWII. A fatal blunder as a result- instead of securing the oil fields in the Caucasus before moving onto Stalingrad, Hitler split his forces. The Germans at Stalingrad were everntually surrounded and forced to surrender after more bitter fighting. His Army never recovered from the failure to do either one. The man was a mental midget when it came to warfare, he wouldn't listen to his own generals who knew better. His inner circle was there to cater to his whims and serve as lap dogs for his ego.

The Allies learned the lesson of appeasement and didn't make that mistake again. One of the things to come out of the conference at Casablanca in 1943 was that the Allies would seek nothing less than the unconditional surrender of Germany, Japan and Italy.
post #35 of 47
To be honest I am so sick of all these politicians..
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbycats View Post
To be honest I am so sick of all these politicians..
Me too. I am an independent and do not vote for a party but for an individual.
I know I won't be voting for McCain.
post #37 of 47
Thread Starter 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18201844/

Link for anyone that thinks McCain wants to bomb Iran.
post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18201844/

Link for anyone that thinks McCain wants to bomb Iran.
Like I said, he defends it as being a joke, not by saying that he didn't mean it.
post #39 of 47
Thread Starter 
I guess you didn't read the article then if that is all you got from it and not his actual words.
Quoting the article below

After his joke, McCain turned serious and said that he agrees with President Bush that the United States must protect Israel from Iran and work to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. McCain has long said that the military option should not be taken off the table but that it should be used only as a last resort.

The episode echoed President Reagan’s 1984 quip at the height of the nuclear arms race with the Soviet Union when he said: “My fellow Americans, I’m pleased to tell you today that I’ve signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.â€
post #40 of 47
Thread Starter 
Here is a link to a You Tube showing Mr. Barak Hussein Obama's flip flop on Iran. It's a goodie.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vaG6s05MKeM


So, which is it Barack, is Iran a threat or not?
post #41 of 47
Interesting information that was in the media several months ago and is back again in a sense.

Does it make you wonder what else Osama is saying that he has no intention of doing?


http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc..._brodie_080522
post #42 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
Interesting information that was in the media several months ago and is back again in a sense.

Does it make you wonder what else Osama is saying that he has no intention of doing?


http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc..._brodie_080522

I totally agree with you. But, maybe you should change that to "Obama" and not "Osama"

I have said it before the man is a total liar. Obama I mean.
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I totally agree with you. But, maybe you should change that to "Obama" and not "Osama"

I have said it before the man is a total liar. Obama I mean.
Eh, methinks you were right to start with. And in the end. Just call 'em Pinocchio and be done with it.
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I totally agree with you. But, maybe you should change that to "Obama" and not "Osama"

I have said it before the man is a total liar. Obama I mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Eh, methinks you were right to start with. And in the end. Just call 'em Pinocchio and be done with it.
Gee, I wonder where my head was at! And I do know it is Obama so forgive me my senior moment.
post #45 of 47
i have changed my thinking.
i think you had it right the first time
post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Here is a link to a You Tube showing Mr. Barak Hussein Obama's flip flop on Iran. It's a goodie.
And there it is again - you know, you STILL haven't answered that question of mine and I've got to have asked you a dozen times.
post #47 of 47
Thread Starter 
Barak openly has said he wants to sit down with the terrorists but he cannot be bothered to talk to the military who want to talk with him.
Very sad.

http://www.vetsforfreedom.org/multim...ls.aspx?id=278

http://www.vetsforfreedom.org/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Reasons NOT to vote for Barak Obama