You all are going to think I'm nuts

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have another puppy. A German Shepherd, appears to be purebred. I got her yesterday afternoon. She was rescued from a bad situation. She is only about 4 months old, and has been kept outside her entire life. She was allowed to run free whenever she felt like it, and when she did go "home" she was beaten. She is about 10-15 pounds underweight and was COVERED in fleas and ticks. The poor little baby cowers to the ground every time a hand comes near her. The other dogs and the cats accepted her immediately, they all absolutely love her. They've honestly never taken to another animal quite this fast.

This little girl is a keeper. We were going to get another German Shepherd puppy when we moved into our house but even though the timing wasn't perfect she was perfect for us. We couldn't turn her away.

We're still thinking of names, and I'm waiting for the camera batteries to charge so I can post pictures later.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww poor baby! I don't think you are too crazy. lol What is it now for you 6 dogs? Rescues are the best.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow you have such a big heart
We will never think you are crazy - you are awesome!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! And yeah, this makes number six for us, lol. Here are a few pictures, I'll get more whenever the camera batteries charge all the way.

As you can see, she's thrilled that she's allowed on the bed!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a such a beautiful german shepherd!! Good thing you saved her

Love the photo of her sleeping - she looks so happy & peaceful

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, if you have the funds for another you go for it

The poor baby, hopefully it won't take long in trusting people again
She certainly looks at ease in those pics though

noblesdaddy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She spent her whole life outside??
And, she's only 4 months old???
Poor girl.
It's a good thing you took her in. [=
That is a beautiful dog. ^^
(I <3 German shepherds)

PS Don't feel alone.
We're at number 9.
10 if you count the bird.
Big hearts are good hearts. <3

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww what a beautiful baby! She looks a little older than four months in those pictures. I love german shepherds. You should see my newest dog who spent her whole life outside. She now doesn't want to go back outside she will use the bathroom and then come straight back in.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

aww what a beautiful baby! She looks a little older than four months in those pictures. I love german shepherds. You should see my newest dog who spent her whole life outside. She now doesn't want to go back outside she will use the bathroom and then come straight back in.
That's exactly how she is today. She learned how to use the stairs outside really quickly and now the second she's done going potty she bolts for the door.

I thought she looked older than 4 months too, but she's just barely beginning get her front adult teeth and still has all the rest of her baby teeth... so the vet said she's no more than 4 months. She currently weighs 35 pounds and needs to gain some weight so she's going to be a pretty big girl.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I thought she looked older than 4 months too, but she's just barely beginning get her front adult teeth and still has all the rest of her baby teeth... so the vet said she's no more than 4 months. She currently weighs 35 pounds and needs to gain some weight so she's going to be a pretty big girl.
Wow I bet she will be a big girl then. She is gorgeous and looks like she knows she is safe and loved now.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're not nuts. You've got a big heart!
That beautiful girl is lucky to end up with you.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are nutz, but thanks for rescuing her (?). What does Juno think of the new one? You will have your hands full in obedience training two puppies !

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

How about Heidi for a name?
That was on my list, I absolutely love the name, but John said absolutely not. He has shot down almost every name I have come up with so far.
The one name he has said "maybe" on is Ava, so that's most likely what her name will be.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You are nutz, but thanks for rescuing her (?). What does Juno think of the new one? You will have your hands full in obedience training two puppies !
Juno loves her. She thinks she's much bigger than the new pup of course
. Normally I wouldn't raise two puppies at once but luckily they're both REALLY good puppies, so I don't really foresee many problems with it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ava's a really nice name too!
can't wait to see more pics and heer all about her

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is a cutie pie! You're not nuts if you can care for all of them. My highest dog count was 7 one time. 5 of my own and 2 "dumpsters" that we eventually found homes for. Give me a pack of dogs over 1 or 2 any day!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww she is beautiful!

I am jealous, I've wanted a German Shepherd since I was about 8 years old but I just never ended up with one...my dogs I do own were strays so they just sort of found me. GSDs are my favorite breed though!