New Job!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally, I get out of this job!

I am going to work at the small company where my brother is Chief something Officer. I won't work directly for him, so that's a good thing
I will be in the anti-fraud department to start.

It is a bit of a raise in pay. Will be swing shift 1pm-9:30pm which is doable. The commute is about 45 mins to an hour on public transit so will have to stock up on books. Will be a mile walk after the last stop. What a good way to make sure I walk at least two miles a day

If needed, I can work at the present job a few hours in the morning before going to the new job but am really going to try to make it on the one paycheck.

Anyway, just wanted to share my happiness!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bonnie, that's terrific! Congratulations!
And yes, the walking will be great for you, too! WOOHOO! Very very happy for you, m'dear!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Bonnie that is fantastic news! Just as walking will make you feel so good, wo will the extra $$! When do you start?
Congratulations!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks
I start Monday on Memorial Day. Not sure what I was thinking! Should have told them I could start Tuesday but since my brother was there .... well, couldn't really say I had something planned with the family

They are a 365/24/7 operation so no holidays off in the forseeable future. I can handle that though. Not like I have a hot date every weekend

The first shift I was offered was 4 ten hour graveyard shifts which meant 3 days off (Mon, Tues and Wed). Then someone quit just before my interview and I was offered the 5 eight hour shift Mon-Fri. That seemed like it would be an easier transition for my body.

I am excited and sooooo nervous! Change is scary and I have stayed at the current job way too long. My new boss is 26
I will be the oldest person there and the only woman.

New boss asked me if I would be comfortable working with young, nerdy guys. Heck yeah! That would be a refreshing change

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Thanks
I start Monday on Memorial Day. Not sure what I was thinking! Should have told them I could start Tuesday but since my brother was there .... well, couldn't really say I had something planned with the family

They are a 365/24/7 operation so no holidays off in the forseeable future. I can handle that though. Not like I have a hot date every weekend

The first shift I was offered was 4 ten hour graveyard shifts which meant 3 days off (Mon, Tues and Wed). Then someone quit just before my interview and I was offered the 5 eight hour shift Mon-Fri. That seemed like it would be an easier transition for my body.

I am excited and sooooo nervous! Change is scary and I have stayed at the current job way too long. My new boss is 26
I will be the oldest person there and the only woman.

New boss asked me if I would be comfortable working with young, nerdy guys. Heck yeah! That would be a refreshing change
Bonnie, that is great news on the hours!!
I know you had said you would be working in the anti fraud dept. What might you be doing there in your new job? I'm just curious, you don't have to answer, if you don't want to.

for Monday!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats wonderful news! Congratulations on your new job!!
Good luck with everything!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Bonnie!
I am excited for you. I think your right, working with a bunch of young nerdy guys is probably going to be fun.

The extra walking is icing on the cake! I always liked taking the bus in the city. Great people watching. I had to ride one of the most notorious routes for weirdos, of which I was one