*****KatKwiz! - May 19 - Extremely easy!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night SIL and BIL came over. Most of the night BIL sat by my bed, grinning like a Cheshire cat. I finally asked him what was so darn funny. He answered with one of the following:

a. I don't think Persi likes you as much as he likes me now.

b. Alley never hides under the bed when she's at my house.
c. Alley keeps going up and biting Lucy on the nose for no reason (Lucy is a large Chihuahua.)
d. Persi keeps stealing Lucy's dog food.

One answer is correct. There is no real logic here but the first person with the correct answer gets the 2000 points and we can move on to KatKwery where 2100 points are up for grabs.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Last night SIL and BIL came over. Most of the night BIL sat by my bed, grinning like a Cheshire cat. I finally asked him what was so darn funny. He answered with one of the following:

a. I don't think Persi likes you as much as he likes me now.

b. Alley never hides under the bed when she's at my house.
c. Alley keeps going up and biting Lucy on the nose for no reason (Lucy is a large Chihuahua.)
d. Persi keeps stealing Lucy's dog food.

One answer is correct. There is no real logic here but the first person with the correct answer gets the 2000 points and we can move on to KatKwery where 2100 points are up for grabs.
I'm going to guess b. Alley never hides under the bed when she's at your BIL's house.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back Lee.
I'm going to answer A. "I don't think Persi likes you as much as he likes me now."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I'm going to guess b. Alley never hides under the bed when she's at your BIL's house.
Let's face it, you lucked out on this one! In the past I have complained about Alley hiding under the bed when anybody came over. My BIL and SIL sleep on the floor on a mattress but there is no bed to hide under.

KatKwery: There will be three secret words every day but you can only win one a day. However, should there be no winners, each secret word will be worth 1400 points the next day, then 2100, etc.

Do you really think answer a. could really happen? Where is your cat's favorite hiding places? Alley DOES like to bite Persi's nose. Do you think cats like to antagoize dogs more than dogs like to antagonize cats? I used to travel a lot and my SIL would take care of my dog. She would fix him things like steaks every night. I wonder if she is doing something like this for Persi?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just figured since Persi hadn't seen you in awhile he really warmed up to your BIL.
My cats favorite hiding spot is in the linen closet. I think cats like to pester dogs more because cats rule the house.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie's favorite hiding spot is in the false ceiling in the basement...go figure!

Welcome back Lee!!! Glad to see you're feeling better (at least well enough to do KatKwiz!)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Let's face it, you lucked out on this one! In the past I have complained about Alley hiding under the bed when anybody came over. My BIL and SIL sleep on the floor on a mattress but there is no bed to hide under.

KatKwery: There will be three secret words every day but you can only win one a day. However, should there be no winners, each secret word will be worth 1400 points the next day, then 2100, etc.

Do you really think answer a. could really happen? Where is your cat's favorite hiding places? Alley DOES like to bite Persi's nose. Do you think cats like to antagoize dogs more than dogs like to antagonize cats? I used to travel a lot and my SIL would take care of my dog. She would fix him things like steaks every night. I wonder if she is doing something like this for Persi?
LOL, I did luck out, but I thought about it a lot first. Let's just say I used psychology!

I really don't think answer A could happen - but cats are awfully fickle! However, if your SIL is making steak or tuna or whatever for Persi, I would think he'd be attached to her rather than your BIL.

My cats especially like to hide in places where they can look at us but we don't know - like between the towels in closets, or on top of the refrigerator. Right now the best place is under our water bed. Elsa opens a drawer, removes the contents, and squeezes under the bed. The dogs and Smudge can't get in there to bother her.

I think that cats do like to antagonize dogs rather than the other way around. I mean if you could tease a huge drooling beast, and then laugh at him from the top of the china cabinet, wouldn't you?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think when Persi finally sees you, he is going be very happy to see you!

My girls like to hide/sleep behind the couch/futon. Either there or under the bed. When my MIL and FIL visited, Rusty never did come out from behind the couch. She is chicken.
Dusty came out to sniff them but was very leery.

I think cats will antagonize dogs more than dogs do cats. When I was growing up and we had 2 mama cats, they would chase any dog that came in our yard. One dog was actually trying to climb a tree to get away from those mamas! My DH had an old tom cat that would just look at the dog when he came up to him and then swipe one claw and hook the poor unsuspecting dog in the nostril! And sometimes, the cat jumped on the dogs back with all claws digging in, and ride the dog as he went kye yieing down the street at a full run. When he was a block away or so, he would drop off and come strutting home! He was a tough old boy!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my house, answer "A" did kind of happen. When Josh was first diagnosed we were in Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh almost as residents. Pittsburgh is 130 miles from our home. My kids and poor pets were relocated to my mother's house and my husband's parents house. It was rough on everyone. Willow, being an adopted pound-cat already was quite stressed, and when things settled down, we decided to let my mom keep her since they seemed to grow attached. My mom only lives a few blocks from us so we see her all the time, but it was a tough decision in the beginning. I dont know that she grew more attached to my mom, but we thought it would be easier on her than switching her back and forth between houses and different dogs every other week. Not that I think Persi could grow more attached to anyone but you Lee

Long answer to the first question - sorry.

My cats dont really hide. But they occasionally go underneath out tub - there is an access panel that they get in through. Whenever I find them covered in dust and cobwebs, I know where they've been. Their favorite place to sleep though, is either on the dining room chairs (when they are tucked under the table) or the cushy computer chair! Roly likes to sleep on the arm of my couch. I'm constantly having to vacuum his fur off the arm. I should just give up and start decorating accordingly. It's an angore couch - yeah - that's it

I think cats think they are better than dogs - most definitely! They think they are better than everyone
They rule the roost. Dogs wouldnt tease a cat - if they want 'em, they're just gonna go after them. Cats will egg a dog on I think - they know they're more agile and can get away. When I was a kid we had a chihuahua and a cat and lived in a ranch-style house with a long hall leading to the bedrooms. We would sit in the dining room and watch the chihuahua chase the cat down the hall, only to see the cat chase the dog back out of the hall. It was a hilarious site to see! I always imagined that the cat would walk by the dog with a Na-Na-Na-Na-Na air about her, teasing the dog, coaxing him into a chase. Inevitably the dog would bite and begin the chase.... then when the cat had him where she wanted, she would attack him down the hall!

If your SIL was cooking steak for the dog, I can only imagine that Persi is demanding the same luxuries! Tuna-ala-mode, Shrimp on the Bar-B, Viva Las Liver, and table scraps all around!

PS - Welcome back Lee!!! I'm so glad you're back!! I know you're enjoying the frills of being home. There's nothing like your own pillow and a hot shower to remind us that "There's No Place Like Home!"

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, A was my guess so I was wrong!! I think your sister in law is most definatly feeding Persi breakfast in bed!! Answer A could happen, even though its very unlikely!! My kitties favorite hiding spots are on top of the fridge, in drawers, under the couch and oh yeah... Eek gets in the fridge! Little stinker!! My kitties pick on my puppy too! They do stuff they would never do to another kitty! Its really funny really! Im glad to see you back on the cat site!! Welcome back!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just wanted to say -

Welcome Back Lee! Looking forward to seeing KatKwiz rolling again - it was missed and so were you!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I just figured since Persi hadn't seen you in awhile he really warmed up to your BIL.
My cats favorite hiding spot is in the linen closet. I think cats like to pester dogs more because cats rule the house.
The exact wording was cats get away with more but ruling the house is close enough for 700 points.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

. Right now the best place is under our water bed..
A bed is a bed and that was the second of three secret words. (The third was treats.)