We have a baby horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She finally came this weekend! She was born friday morning! She's a little cutie, and very tall! Both parents are 16 hands and black. We were so hoping for a black, but we ended up with this little palomino! Her blaze is gorgeous and so far her two back feet have some white. She's started to turn a little darker and her muzzel is turning gray. We're still waiting for Princess to have her baby, she's our bay.

(All of these pictures are when the baby was a few hours old)

This is when we were walking down to the pasture. We missed the birth! Holly had her baby all by herself without any troubles.

They are so boney when they come out!

Little sis with the baby

A good picture of her blaze, what cute little filly!

Bonnet, my mare, REALLY likes babies and wants Holly's baby!
As you can see Holly is NOT interested in sharing her baby! I'm waiting for Bonnet to start making milk. She's insane! She'll nicker at the baby and follow it around the field with Holly

Me and the filly

One last picture!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhhhhh would you just look at that sweet, darling thing!
I'm just gobsmacked!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Congratulations on that gorgeous filly!

Holly is gorgeous girl, too!

Bonnet poor sweetie

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, nice looking filly. I love palimonos and blacks
...well just about any color horse. Have you picked out a name for her yet?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww she's precious
Congrats
When our last filly was born another horse in the barn gave birth to a dead foal
and she was so upset everytime our horse went out of the barn with the baby

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful little filly!

The baby and mama are both so pretty.
What breed are they?
Your other mare is a cutie too.
I just love baby horses.
At the barn where my daughter takes riding lessons they have two fillies who are just about yearlings now.
It is amazing how quickly they grow.
Take lots of photos while the little one is still little.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Awww Congratulations on that gorgeous filly!

Holly is gorgeous girl, too!

Bonnet poor sweetie
I know! Poor Bonnet. We wonder if she wasn't a brood mare her entire life. I didn't get her till she was 17 years old and she's 21 now. Who knows what her life was like before.
I do know it wasn't a great one, the poor thing went through home after home by the time we got her from a horse trader (probably got her at an auction).

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Wow, nice looking filly. I love palimonos and blacks
...well just about any color horse. Have you picked out a name for her yet?
It doesn't have a name yet. We have a second one on the way that was due yesterday. We are selling one, but don't know which yet. My little sis wants to name it something that means sun or golden.

Originally Posted by Bella713

Awww she's precious
Congrats
When our last filly was born another horse in the barn gave birth to a dead foal
and she was so upset everytime our horse went out of the barn with the baby
Poor thing! We've heard that it's pretty trumatic for a horse to loose it's baby. It would be such a sad thing to watch, a mom loosing her baby.

Originally Posted by Vermontcat

What a beautiful little filly!

The baby and mama are both so pretty.
What breed are they?
Your other mare is a cutie too.
I just love baby horses.
At the barn where my daughter takes riding lessons they have two fillies who are just about yearlings now.
It is amazing how quickly they grow.
Take lots of photos while the little one is still little.
They are quarter horses. Both the mare and the stallion have champion blood lines. The mare is a retired reining horse (because of injury) and the stallion is a champion show halter horse (he's just for pretty as we like to say
)

We will take lots of pictures!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!! What a gorgeous little filly!! And if she gets darker like they usually do, she will look totally amazing!! It's wild that a dark brown dam and sire would produce a palomino!

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww, how precious! But how can two blacks have a palomino foal? Doesn't one of them need to be carrying the cream gene? On closer look your mare looks like she may be a smokey black - how cool!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isabel

Aww, how precious! But how can two blacks have a palomino foal? Doesn't one of them need to be carrying the cream gene? On closer look your mare looks like she may be a smokey black - how cool!
You know what. Your the second person who has called her a smokey black. I have no idea what that means so you'll have to explain it! The lady who owns both the stallions also called her a smokey black. Holly the black horse had two palominos as parents. It's still so strange that two blacks make a palomino again!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Pure quarter horses???? They look like they may have a little thoroughbred in them IMO.
Nope they are both purebred quarter horse. The mom has papers and so does the dad and the baby will soon. I think you might be confused because there are two types of quarter horses. The smaller framed and the very stocky build. Holly is smaller framed and the stud is the big stocky build.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're probably right- was thinking of the barrel racers, etc. - with the heavier build - the legs looked a little thoroughbred looking
Didn't know there was two types.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't either, my sister's first quarter horse was massive! Probably exactly what you are thinking. Holly was used for reining, I'm not sure she would do well in the show ring because of her build
The stud is a champion in halter and he's got the huge butt and big shoulders.