"Member on the Spotlight!"....MAY 19-25 2008... RubSluts'Mommy

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORNING TCS´ers,

I´m the proud duty to announce that this dedicate and good participative member of all forums has been choosed by the
Who is on the spotlight MAY 19-25 2008

RubSluts'Mommy

Congratulations AMANDA & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!

SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs…
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you to know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico???? Is the place where I´m live!
As you can see in yucatán is Chichen Itza one of the New 7 wonders of the world!

Here´s the link my friend….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://cancun.gob.mx/guiaturistica2/

Enought for Now, ....see you around my friend...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

1.- ¿Do you to know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico???? Is the place where I´m live!
As you can see in yucatán is Chichen Itza one of the New 7 wonders of the world!

Here´s the link my friend….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://cancun.gob.mx/guiaturistica2/
Okay, as I'm up far too early this morning... I'll get my first answers in quick...

Oh, and thank you for asking me... I've always wondered how one got picked... now I know...

1. Last I checked, Mexico is a country...

2. Many years ago, I was on a short cruise and one stop was in Ensenada... I did a fair amount of shopping and bargaining with the shopkeepers there... I didn't get to stay long... it was only an afternoon.

3. I only had heard of Merida through you... but knew of the Yucatan through schooling... I'd love to do more traveling... and heading south of the US is one direction I definitely want to go!

4. Being from California, I knew a few words: Gracias, the first few numbers, thank you Sesame Street, (Uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco, seis), Habla Ingles/Espanol, and a few others... I probably sound like a typical Gringa (yes, I know that's derogatory, but I've been called it, by a little kid of all people) when I'm spekaing it, but oh well...

5. Yes, I do. I'm a huge lover of all kinds of music, and have developed a love of music in different languages... although most Spanish language CD's AI have aren't Mexican... I do have Luis Miguel, Carlos Vives, Manu Chao, and some others...

6. I know I've watched movies from Spain... I don't think I've watched any from Mexico directly... although, I should go put some on my Netflix list, huh?

7. MMMMMMMMmmmmmm... I love Mexican food... we have a 'fast food' type of place here called Chipotle... there's no drive through, but they make these huge burritos... I can't eat a whole one... I prefer their 'burrito bowl' which is all the contents of the burrito but without the tortilla and placed in a bowl... it's still huge... and I know it's still not 100% authentic, but it's better then Taco Bell... way better. I've gone to many Mexican restaraunts as well... love them every time... Empanadas, well, pretty much anything you put in front of me... I'll probably eat...

8. Tequila and I are not good friends. I prefer Rum myself... oh the stories of being drunk on Tequila... I shudder at the thought...

9. I've never slept in one... but if I had the space on my patio, I'd have one...

10. Yup! very colorful. I love seeing people identify with their heritage. My own bloodlines are so mixed, I have difficulty with finding one that I can so strongly identify with.

11. I know about Cancun... I've never been. Maybe someday...

Okay... next round!! Bring it on!!

Amanda

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) What is your favourite colour of cat?
2) What is your favourite breed of cat?
3) How many cats do you have?
4) Have you ever been to Yorkshire?
5) What do you enjoy doing the most in your spare time?

Enjoy!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. What is your favorite fruit?
2. What is your favorite Movie?
3. What is your favorite Novel?
4. Do you have other pets?
5. Have you ever visited Canada?
6. What is your favorite dessert?
7. Have you ever been to Europe?

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule

1) What is your favourite colour of cat?
2) What is your favourite breed of cat?
3) How many cats do you have?
4) Have you ever been to Yorkshire?
5) What do you enjoy doing the most in your spare time?

Enjoy!
1. Hmmm I get teased at the shelter about wanting a dilute tortie... so the grey/light orange/cream is good. I don't have one right now, but as soon as I'm allowed to have more cats, you can bet I'll adopt one... then add a Siamese to the pack... Chocolate point probably...

2. I've been drawn to Siamese... I also get teased by friends that I really need to have a Meezer in my family... I tend to use them in my stories... I'm a writer.

3. I have two: JoJo (orange/white female tabby DLH), and Jack (black/grey male tabby DSH)

4. Alas, I haven't been off the North American continent... I've set foot in Canada and Mexico, but nowhere else... yet. As soon as I can, I want to take a long vacation photographing the British Isles (I have a bloodline that passed through the Isle of Man, not to mention other regions).

5. Far too many hobbies to count... I sew, make jewelry, cook/invent in the kitchen, do web design, photography, read, write (fiction and poetry). At any given time, I tend to lean toward one hobby or another... lately, I've been on a sewing jag... I have a new machine so I'm playing. But I also love my writing... which i try to do, but haven't lately.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by tierre0

1. What is your favorite fruit?
2. What is your favorite Movie?
3. What is your favorite Novel?
4. Do you have other pets?
5. Have you ever visited Canada?
6. What is your favorite dessert?
7. Have you ever been to Europe?
1. seedless grapes... also strawberries. pears when i'm in the mood.

2. sci-fi nut here... maybe you've heard of this one: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension. Princess Brice and Ever After are close behind... But Banzai has my heart.

3. I tend to qualify 'favorites' as something I keep going back to over and over... I love books (to the point I have nearly 1000 of them), but my favorite is Sophie's World, by Jostein Gaardner. It's the history of philosophy and a fictional tale wrapped up in one... I was told about it because I mentioned to a friend once that I love Golden Retrievers... she said this book has one... it's a very interesting book...

4. No, not right now. But I do want a dog... my apartment complex allows two pets... so I'm at the max. If my windows weren't facing the manager's office, I could probably get away with one more... but there's no chance.

5. YES! Although only for the afternoon. When I lived in Syracuse, NY, I wanted to go to Hancock Fabrics, but the nearest one was in Buffalo... so my friend and I drove out there... to spend all of an hour in the store... we were back in the parking lot before Noon... so we drove around, got a couple disposable cameras and hit Niagara Falls... after taking a bunch of pictures, we crossed the bridge by foot and walked around... we joked we'd need bail money because I couldn't keep my mouth shut about Hockey...

6. Swiss chocolate. wave a bar of it in front of my face and I'm happy... but you have to actually let me eat it!

7. Nope... not yet. Someday... someday.

Keep 'em coming!!
Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

1. Last I checked, Mexico is a country...
2. Many years ago, I was on a short cruise and one stop was in Ensenada... I did a fair amount of shopping and bargaining with the shopkeepers there... I didn't get to stay long... it was only an afternoon.
3. I only had heard of Merida through you... but knew of the Yucatan through schooling... I'd love to do more traveling... and heading south of the US is one direction I definitely want to go!
4. Being from California, I knew a few words: Gracias, the first few numbers, thank you Sesame Street, (Uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco, seis), Habla Ingles/Espanol, and a few others... I probably sound like a typical Gringa (yes, I know that's derogatory, but I've been called it, by a little kid of all people) when I'm spekaing it, but oh well...
5. Yes, I do. I'm a huge lover of all kinds of music, and have developed a love of music in different languages... although most Spanish language CD's AI have aren't Mexican... I do have Luis Miguel, Carlos Vives, Manu Chao, and some others...
6. I know I've watched movies from Spain... I don't think I've watched any from Mexico directly... although, I should go put some on my Netflix list, huh?
7. MMMMMMMMmmmmmm... I love Mexican food... we have a 'fast food' type of place here called Chipotle... there's no drive through, but they make these huge burritos... I can't eat a whole one... I prefer their 'burrito bowl' which is all the contents of the burrito but without the tortilla and placed in a bowl... it's still huge... and I know it's still not 100% authentic, but it's better then Taco Bell... way better. I've gone to many Mexican restaraunts as well... love them every time... Empanadas, well, pretty much anything you put in front of me... I'll probably eat...
8. Tequila and I are not good friends. I prefer Rum myself... oh the stories of being drunk on Tequila... I shudder at the thought...
9. I've never slept in one... but if I had the space on my patio, I'd have one...
10. Yup! very colorful. I love seeing people identify with their heritage. My own bloodlines are so mixed, I have difficulty with finding one that I can so strongly identify with.
11. I know about Cancun... I've never been. Maybe someday...
some comments about your nicely answers my friend....

First to all, thanks so much for take the challenge,...
I´m so sure there are many other members who wish to be in your place..
..( Isn´t Tiff??????????????)

Well back a the bussines...

2.- ensenada Baja california!...a coolest place I figured you saw the beaches and like you...

3.- you should to come to see the mayan ruins!..

4.- "Gringa"...
...I´m so sorry my friend, but I never thought that some American people call herself as this....
...you´re an open book my friend!...

5.- Carlos Vives and Manu chao are great...
...( Hate to Luis Miguel...
..)

7.- the Chipotle is so hard for my stomach my friend.....
...I prefer Habanero Chilly...:hot:....

8.- Beware of the chocolates fullfit of tequila my friend, are delightful....

9.- Try the Hammock you don´t regret about it....

Great answers my friend!

well count at least for a Daily set of question from Me.....
....see you early morning tomorrow!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

2.- ensenada Baja california!...a coolest place I figured you saw the beaches and like you...

3.- you should to come to see the mayan ruins!..
What I saw was really nice... I'd love to see more of Mexico someday... as well as the rest of the planet.

4.- "Gringa"...
...I´m so sorry my friend, but I never thought that some American people call herself as this....
...you´re an open book my friend!...

5.- Carlos Vives and Manu chao are great...
...( Hate to Luis Miguel...
..)
It was a little girl who called me that... no more than 5 or 6 years old. I was in a penguin costume, and the radio station sponsor that year was a local Mexican station... this kid pulled my beak down and looked into the mesh eyes... saw my pasty white face and yelled, "MAMA! MAMA! LA GRINGA! LA GRINGA!" I kind of freaked out... I knew it was derogatory... and to hear it from such a small child... I looked up at my boss and did my best to shrug my shoulders... he motioned for me to go into the store and hide in the back for a while... I did... waddling all the way!!! (not easy to wear that suit, let me tell ya!)

I much prefer Carlos Vives to Luis Miguel... I only listen to LM when I'm in the mood... which is rare... but Vives... I can dance to that!! (I dance while I'm cleaning... it helps.)

7.- the Chipotle is so hard for my stomach my friend.....
...I prefer Habanero Chilly...:hot:....
Chipotle is the name of the restaurant... I usually just go with the mild salsa on my burrito bowls... and they make their guacamole fresh... sooooooo good.

8.- Beware of the chocolates fullfit of tequila my friend, are delightful....
Hmmm... I'll keep that in mind... stay away from anything with Tequila... me and Vodka aren't very friendly either... I'll stick to my rum...

9.- Try the Hammock you don´t regret about it....
I'll have to... I've lounged around in one, but never slept in it... a neighbor had one years ago... whenever my sister and I watched his pets while he was out of town, I'd hang out in the hammock!

Amanda

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello,
thank you
for your answer at my questions from yesterday let me see for the questions of today:

The Topic of today would be Music

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,…. http://www.1.fm/Stations/SmoothJazz/Listen.aspx?pidx=0 )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,…. http://www.1.fm/Stations/SmoothJazz/Listen.aspx?pidx=0 )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?
…
Good morning...

music... a topic I love... alright... here goes:

1. Hmmm the one I always go back to would actually be a tie between older jazz and folk. I grew up listening to Duke Ellington as well as Peter, Paul and Mary and John Denver... and some Irish folk artists... I love all kinds, but those I always come back to.

2. Just like my books: hovering around a 1000 CD's... None in that count are copies, all originals... I may have around 20-25 mix CD's or ripped ones, but I've handed over so much cash to the music industry...

3. The Aussie's here will love this: Iva Davies, lead singer of the band Icehouse. Although he's doing other musical things now, I LOVE his voice
He sounds to me like David Bowie, but very smooth... nice rich Baritone... yummm.....

4. current: I've grown to like Alanis Morrisette. past: Ella Fitzgerald. Is there any competition there? I love many of the other long gone jazz singers... Billie Holiday for example... but Ella brings me back in every time.

5. They're not bad... I'm not as into the 'smooth jazz' thing... liked it for a while... I guess I'm a Big Band girl at heart.

6. The band I mention in #2, Icehouse/Iva Davies. I think I have just about everything from Iva and his band.

7. For Icehouse? No... because by the time I was allowed to go to concerts, they were on the cusp of losing their American distribution contract (around 1988 or so). I never got the chance.... so someday I'll just have to go to Australia and see one of Iva's ballet's that he writes the scores for... or whatever he's up to now.

8. When I listen to the radio, usually when I'm driving, I tend to listen to alternative rock... there's a station here in Portland that I like. 105.1 The Buzz. The DJ's (morning and afternoon drives) are hysterical. and the music is nearly always good.

9. CD or MP3 mix... it depends on what I'm using it for. I have a mix CD from my own collection of various world artists and upbeat songs... so I can dance a little while cleaning... but to collect? To purchase/receive? Full CD's.

10. *ahem* Ummmm... yeah... I am a classically trained singer. I also can play, passably, the piano and used to be able to squeak out a few notes on the flute. My dream someday is that when i buy/build my first house, the first thing to be moved in is a black grand piano. I'll also be inheriting the family upright piano... I'll have to get the leg fixed and get it professionally tuned... it needs a little love.

Thanks!
Keep 'em coming!

Amanda (am I sounding too eager to do this? hmmm....)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many burps have you done today?

Has a kitty ever farted on you? If so how did it smell?

If you had an itch in the middle of your back what would you do?
a) get kitty to scratch it with its long claws
b) rub against a wall, if anyone sees you, you make sure you are not with it today
c) of course none of the above because i have super duper long arms and can reach any part of my back.

You have a very large suitcase in front of you, whats in it?

You have a room in the attic, its fully furnished who would you hide?

If i came to your house, what would i find in your fridge?

How about in your top draw?

what type of kitty litter do you have?

whats the most valuable thing your kitties have peed on?
Have you been able to get the stench out? or did you have to throw it away?

Can your kitties give you kisses?

Enjoy!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola Amanda!

Can I comment your nicely answers?...

1. Hmmm the one I always go back to would actually be a tie between older jazz and folk. I grew up listening to Duke Ellington as well as Peter, Paul and Mary and John Denver... and some Irish folk artists... I love all kinds, but those I always come back to.
-So you´re a girl open mind!...
very good!, can you believe I love the spanish music but not at all singers of my country....

3. The Aussie's here will love this: Iva Davies, lead singer of the band Icehouse. Although he's doing other musical things now, I LOVE his voice
He sounds to me like David Bowie, but very smooth... nice rich Baritone... yummm.....
4. current: I've grown to like Alanis Morrisette. past: Ella Fitzgerald. Is there any competition there? I love many of the other long gone jazz singers... Billie Holiday for example... but Ella brings me back in every time.
I didn´t heard befor to Iva Davies my friend...
Oh my and about the girls singers are a different styles but with strong character!

5. They're not bad... I'm not as into the 'smooth jazz' thing... liked it for a while... I guess I'm a Big Band girl at heart.
7. For Icehouse? No... because by the time I was allowed to go to concerts, they were on the cusp of losing their American distribution contract (around 1988 or so). I never got the chance.... so someday I'll just have to go to Australia and see one of Iva's ballet's that he writes the scores for... or whatever he's up to now.

8. When I listen to the radio, usually when I'm driving, I tend to listen to alternative rock... there's a station here in Portland that I like. 105.1 The Buzz. The DJ's (morning and afternoon drives) are hysterical. and the music is nearly always good.
-I love your quote !...

-Is a shame that you can´t go to ICE HOUSE concerts...

- the dJ´s...
..oh my!...

I'll also be inheriting the family upright piano... I'll have to get the leg fixed and get it professionally tuned... it needs a little love.
that´s great!...
...and of course here a lot of love!

Great answers my friend!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ready for another tiny set?...

1.- are you a Web designer?

2.- would you show us please some of your works?

3.- are you a writer?

4.- what kind of gender do you like to write?

5.- do you have any projects of the desk writing?...

6.- have you ever published some of your works?

7.- HOW many books do you have?...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

How many burps have you done today?

Has a kitty ever farted on you? If so how did it smell?
Since it's early in the day for me, I think only a couple of burps...

Yes! Jack used to fart right in my face when I was still trying different foods for them... usually lower quality food. Once I joined TCS, I learned about better quality food. Now, he doesn't stink so much.

If you had an itch in the middle of your back what would you do?
a) get kitty to scratch it with its long claws
b) rub against a wall, if anyone sees you, you make sure you are not with it today
c) of course none of the above because i have super duper long arms and can reach any part of my back.
modified C. I used to do modern dance, so I've always been pretty flexible... I've been able to reach that 'impossible' spot between the shoulder blades... it's getting harder, but I'm working on bringing back my flexibility... must get back in shape!

You have a very large suitcase in front of you, whats in it?
My cats... but then I'd shoo them out and put shorts, jeans, several pair of socks, and far too many shirts... a hat or two and if it's REALLY big, my gnarled walking stick. I'm going hiking!

You have a room in the attic, its fully furnished who would you hide?
alive or dead(but living for the purpose of this exercise)? alive: George Clooney... so he could get a moments' peace... dead? Leonardo da Vinci, so he could work on his inventions...

If i came to your house, what would i find in your fridge?

How about in your top draw?
a dispenser of water, salads from Trader Joe's, every condiment you can think of (ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, etc), cheese of various kinds, wine, juice, Chai Liqueur, and the medicine to keep the cats sane...

my top drawer... I assume bedroom... underwear of varying styles... not enough bras, let me tell ya. I also keep my bandanas in there.

what type of kitty litter do you have?
I use Dr. Elsey's. I started with the Cat Attract, and have moved on to another of his. It's the only one that doesn't stink to high heaven when scratched through by the furballs. Scented litters are evil, vile stuff... blech.

whats the most valuable thing your kitties have peed on?
Have you been able to get the stench out? or did you have to throw it away?
carpet. jack and his issues... yeesh. I love the boy, but man. oh yes, and a bedspread. I did through that out. when he peed on the bedspread, it soaked through to the pillowtop of my $$$$ mattress (bad back: sleep number bed). I soaked it with remover stuff, let it dry, then threw it in the wash... he hasn't peed on it since...

Can your kitties give you kisses?
Jack licks me to death... JoJo doesn't really... but she may someday... she just head butts me when I'm trying to watch TV.

Fun questions.... any more?

Amanda

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ready for another tiny set?...

1.- are you a Web designer?

2.- would you show us please some of your works?

3.- are you a writer?

4.- what kind of gender do you like to write?

5.- do you have any projects of the desk writing?...

6.- have you ever published some of your works?

7.- HOW many books do you have?...

1. I have various silly websites... most of which really need some TLC... I've been ignoring them for some time... I've been using the internet since 1995/1996 or so... so I gradually moved up the food chain of web design. Now I use Dreamweaver for my design... I'm not a programmer... code makes me dizzy.

2. I'll give you a couple...

www.aparkeradams.com
www.wolfeangel.net

3. Yes. I write poetry, short stories and longer fiction.

4. Genre? the poetry is freestyle, short stories... well, whatever emerges from my warped brain... usually something with a slight paranormal twist. And my longer fiction: science fiction and fantasy.

5. I have three short novels in varying stages of completion. two fantasy, one science fiction. two, oddly enough, have a cat in there somewhere... gee, I wonder why??? the really odd thing is that they're breeds/colorings I don't currently live with. One Siamese and one Persian... I also have a great little short story with the two cats (again, Siamese) featuring very prominently... I want to do another round of editing... but i have other things I'm trying to get done before going back to my editing and writing. CLeaning takes precedence... without a clean home, the mind is far too cluttered to create.

6. I have two poems published elsewhere... and on the aparkeradams website, which is my pen name, there's access to a small self-published volume of poetry... good and bad. My dad ordered a copy and said some of the poems were 'okay' I'm guessing he didn't like the moody/b**chy ones...

7. three short novel manuscripts, and one booklet of poetry. The novels aren't ready yet, but the poetry is... and I might be convinced to work on the short story and post it somewhere... I'd like to try getting it in a magazine first... but I don't know what magazine would want a mildly paranormal 11,000 word story about cats... it's a little long for most magazines...

Amanda

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
About the sites, are great my friend,...
...I´m so sure you put all your effort on it!

6. I have two poems published elsewhere... and on the aparkeradams website, which is my pen name, there's access to a small self-published volume of poetry... good and bad. My dad ordered a copy and said some of the poems were 'okay' I'm guessing he didn't like the moody/b**chy ones...

7. three short novel manuscripts, and one booklet of poetry. The novels aren't ready yet, but the poetry is... and I might be convinced to work on the short story and post it somewhere... I'd like to try getting it in a magazine first... but I don't know what magazine would want a mildly paranormal 11,000 word story about cats... it's a little long for most magazines...
6.-
very good my friend, very good!...

7.-
OMG...I figured that.....

Don´t feel influentiated when you read an other author to write?....
maybe this is a dumb question....

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Don´t feel influentiated when you read an other author to write?....
maybe this is a dumb question....
I am influenced by Ray Bradbury in the technique I use... before I read his book about his writing technique, I thought i was never going to write anything longer than my short stories... mostly because so many people tell you to plan every detail out, etc... I can plan trips, I can plan meals... I can't plan my stories... Bradbury gets an idea... develops a few details about the main character and what initial situation they're in... then starts. He doesn't plan each chapter and exactly what happens. His belief is that as he begins to write, the characters take over and essentially tell the story, and that he's only the messenger. He's the scribe. As I am. It also helps that I do NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), where you basically sit down, block out as much real life as you can, and aim to write a 50,000 word short novel in 30 days. I've done three (all three manuscripts), and completed my 50K word count each time. Many people don't finish... and honestly, if I were still on the kick of 'plan, plan, plan,' I probably would never have finished the three I have.

My voice is similar in each story, but with different characters telling the tale, the voice is a little different. In one, she's a bartender in Chicago and gets plopped down in an alternate timeline/reality... complete with dragons. Another, the sci-fi, is a newly minted librarian who gets posted to a job on Mars, with her cat along for the ride... another is a modern day copy editor who finds herself many, MANY years in the future... each one is unique, but there are similarities... the third one is the first I've written who's married... her husband plays a factor in all of it...

My humor in my writing comes from another fantasy author... that's the stuff I love... so it finds its way in there...

Amanda

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bravo!....great Answer!...
...Hi
Amanda, how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for today

The topic of today going to be Movies!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…

Cheers my friend…