"Groomer Has It" on Animal Planet...............

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a joke! Just caught my first episode tonight. The challenge was grooming cats and one of the so called "groomers" cut her kitties whiskers off! Then, at the end when she was booted, it was completely fake, bad acting, crying fit! How dare they make a joke and entertainment at animals expense into reality TV!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i saw that too and was really upset that they allowed that on the show. it is very cruel to cut a cats whiskers!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They didn't have a choice on whether or not they groomed cats. They are all there to groom dogs! The cat thing was a suprise, and that wasn't the first episode, that was the fourth!
Ive been watching it since it started and the person who cut the whiskers off was not trained to deal with cats, so the cat challenge should have never been put out for them, seeing that the cats could be put at risk! The poor kitty probably wont be able to balance for weeks or even months! People need to do their homework before they go grooming a cat!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
During that challenge the woman told them NOT to scissor the face or whiskers! The girl did it anyways. It made me very angry and the poor kitty looked so strange afterwards.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been watching it and if it's not a put on that woman who did that was kind of ditzy. On another episode they gave puppies their first grooming and she picked up some powder to put in their ears to dry up any water that got in their ears. She read the directions like she had never seen it before and then put way to much in the poor puppies ears and left it there. If this show is for real I think I am very glad I always got references about a groomer before taking an animal to one. Last night they did long hair Chows and the guy who was kicked off went crazy with the scissors and the poor dog didn't even look like a Chow when he was done. They shouldn't have let her cut off the poor cat's whiskers. She was told not to scissor the face and at the end she tried to say that she understood it as being they were supposed to scissor the face.

ssmith0385

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seriously though, I didn't realize there were people who didn't know that cat's whiskers didn't get cut!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please, if there's a website for this show, all of you who have watched it should email them about animal cruelty.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she really cut the cat's whiskers off? I saw the show and it looked like she just trimmed the face a little bit with scissors, which the woman who knew the breed and gave them instructions in the beginning specifically said NOT to do.
Now that I think about it more I'm pretty sure she did NOT cut the cat's whiskers off, because in the judging the judge asked her if she trimmed the face and she was kinda vague/unclear about it (I guess basically denied it), then later when the judges talked to her near the end they said something about that they did not know if she DID trim the face or not. I think if she had cut off the cat's whiskers there would be no question about whether or not she did because it would be pretty obvious the whiskers were cut!

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i cut my cats whiskers off when i was 3. I didnt know any better. and i got in A LOT of trouble. I remember frantic vet calls...

Anyways, i saw that, but missed the judging part so i didnt get to see them yell at her. She needed to go though... I'm glad a few of them knew how to handle cats, i think being a real groomer you should be knowledgable and used to all kinds of animals.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think she definalty cut the whiskers off. They showed a close up of the cats face and they were gone. They also showed her cutting at it's face with the scissors so she lied to the judges.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Please, if there's a website for this show, all of you who have watched it should email them about animal cruelty.

When I was little I cut the whiskers off our cat. The cat was fine. The whiskers grew back in a short amount of time. Cutting the whiskers off a cat is not animal cruelty; but it IS stupid.

I find the show rather amusing, by the way. It was about time that girl got kicked off.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Smudge came to us his whiskers were all broken off from fighting with his siblings, but it didn't seem to bother him.