Cat Tree thread

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have one for my girls. They love it! They are always on it, especially if we have the window shade next to it pulled up.
Best purchase I ever made for them! Once we have a bigger house, I might get a second one for them.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

Does anyone else have one of these? I just purchased this one. I had been looking for awhile but put off buying until just now (procrastination).

I'm hoping my kittens like it.
I have that exact same one and my cats love it. They run up and down it and love sleeping on the different levels. The only thing they don't use is the hammock on the bottom. I think they're too big for it, but it'd be perfect for a kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I have one for my girls. They love it! They are always on it, especially if we have the window shade next to it pulled up.
Best purchase I ever made for them! Once we have a bigger house, I might get a second one for them.
I like that one. I almost got one of the taller ones. I've got 10 foot ceilings in here. but after looking, it was like 40 bucks more for another foot or something. just didn't make sense.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by yam102284

I have that exact same one and my cats love it. They run up and down it and love sleeping on the different levels. The only thing they don't use is the hammock on the bottom. I think they're too big for it, but it'd be perfect for a kitten.
I'm not sure when I need to change from having kittens to having cats
. These guys around 3 months old. maybe a little less. How long are they kittens?

I'm really glad you responded and have the same one. I think they'll use the hammock. one of the reasons I bought this thing is because I find myself throwing boxes all over the floor because they LOVE to play in them. One time (this is funny) I had taken the lid off my trash can in the kitchen. It's one of those that have a half lid that slides up inside the other. Well the kitten had gotten in it because it was on the floor. She somehow figured out how to close the lid too
. Don't ask me how. But i was looking all over for her, and finally noticed the tip of a tail sticking out of it heheh.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

I'm not sure when I need to change from having kittens to having cats
. These guys around 3 months old. maybe a little less. How long are they kittens?

I'm really glad you responded and have the same one. I think they'll use the hammock. one of the reasons I bought this thing is because I find myself throwing boxes all over the floor because they LOVE to play in them. One time (this is funny) I had taken the lid off my trash can in the kitchen. It's one of those that have a half lid that slides up inside the other. Well the kitten had gotten in it because it was on the floor. She somehow figured out how to close the lid too
. Don't ask me how. But i was looking all over for her, and finally noticed the tip of a tail sticking out of it heheh.
Yea if they're around 3 months old then I think they'll use the hammock. Mine were 4 when we got this, and they were too big to fit in it properly and didn't know why it was swinging and there was no support. I think if we had if when they were younger, and they could fit in it, they would've used it. I think you're kittens will have a great time with it.

That was a cute story about your kitten getting into the trash can.

cattiew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea if they're around 3 months old then I think they'll use the hammock. Mine were 4 when we got this, and they were too big to fit in it properly and didn't know why it was swinging and there was no support. I
I agree that it can't really support too heavy weight
. i have bought this one (
[url=http://www.cattreestore.com/img/A7463A.jpg)]http://www.cattreestore.com/img/A7463A.jpg)[/url] for my two and i do realise that it wobbles went my boy climbs to the top. i think it's becuase it's base not really horzontal to the floor
. however with some support by the floor and a piece of paper which can fill up the gap between the floor and the base, it will be a lot more stable
Even it wobbles, it still a good buy since both my tow love to go on top where they can see the flat from higher than 6 feet high!!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like those trees. We don' have one, but your cat should get a lot of use with that one

DH is gonna add on to our existing treehouse (we bought) and make the 2nd one higher. Ours is only about 4 - 4 1/2 feet high - want one about 6-7 feet. Our cats outgrew the smaller one and with another Oci on the way, we need a bigger cat tree....

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have that same one and my cat spends more time on it than anywhere else. He loves the top perch.

Nobody has ever used the hammock, and they are too big for the little blue house part so I just removed that, so they have an extra platform to lay on.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
don't have that one, although it looks fantastic.

i have a smaller one and it was money well spent. we have it in the bay window and milo loves to lay on the top platform and watch the world go by.

the boys use it when they are playing too, chasing each other on and off it. great fun!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm excited now. All the replies just reinforce my decision to get it. I always thought they were stupid. I didn't think cats actually used them. lol.

I got mine today. All i've done is take it out of the box, haven't built it yet but I can say right off I'm impressed with the way they made these. I just thought it was someone with a lot of ambition building these but the ends of the posts are all capped with hard rubber, the ends of the ropes are also capped like that. It's much more professionally built than I had assumed.

Well time to go to work I guess.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well now. I put it together. Keeping the cats from bothering me was the hardest part of course. MAN they love this thing. I put them in it and they're exploring it like crazy. They both seem to like the little blue tent but neither are too sure about the hammock. I doubt they'll use that. but they LOVE the ball on the rubber string on top.

I'll charge my batteries and snap a pic later.

man great purchase, i'm glad I got this.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Out of 11 cats only Sampson will use the hammock.
I store cat toys in the hammocks now.
oooh, good idea! i'm gonna do that, now!