Moonlight (TV Series)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, after winning the People's Choice Award for best new series, CBS has cancelled Moonlight!!! I just can't understand that!

What on earth does it take to keep a show on the air these days?! All of the good shows are cancelled and replaced with complete reality trash and game shows! It's totally sickening!

They claim that 8 million viewers wasn't enough. So instead of trying a different time slot they just outright cancel it. How stupid!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain. I've been wondering about the status of The Unit since the writer's strike and just saw on Wikipedia that CBS picked it up for a fourth season on May 12.

I can't stand 99% of the reality shows on tv, the last thing we need is more. The only one I can stand to watch is Deadliest Catch.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know just how you feel, I dont know what Im going to do without my weekly Alex/Mick episode, wahhh! Everyone is still fighting to get it picked up by another network. If you visit IMDB.com and go to the Moonlight message boards they have links to petitions and e-mail addresses and all that to try and get it picked up by the CW or sci fi channel.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not surprised, honestly... the networks have no clue about their audience anymore. Some of us want reasonably intelligent shows, and they start one up... but never let it finish out a season... I've seen this far too many times, as far back as 1997-98 season. The executives who run things in the networks now should really retire or be fired... they're clueless. The execs who kept shows like MASH on for 11 seasons are probably rolling in their graves (or wherever they are now) at the behavior of their successors... not to mention the quality (or lack thereof) of what these buffoons are keeping on TV.

I have a handful of shows from network TV that I watch (and I know some folks here don't like them, since we've discussed them in the past), but for the most part, I'm watching cable... although I think someone from the networks has started at Sci-Fi Channel... they cancelled Stargate SG-1 while it still had a large following... as well Dresden Files (that one within the first season), never letting it get the chance to bloom. Of course, that person is probably the very same schmuck who put wrestling into a SCIENCE FICTION channel's lineup... idiots.

Can you tell I'm opinionated about this?
They've cancelled some incredible shows... I mentioned the 1997-87 season... Nothing Sacred was a beautifully done show but they were dooming it with bouncing it around in time slots... not to mention a certain unmentionable rogue Catholic organization demanding that sponsors of the show pull their support. It was an intelligent show that was written by a priest... (if you don't remember the show, it was about a conflicted priest who was struggling with a number of things, including keeping his parish open and viable).

Anyway... I should get to work...

I think folks are getting sick of some of the 'reality' shows... they've gone too long and they're the ones that need to be yanked from the lineup... I don't watch any of them... they bore me... but maybe I'm the only one...

Amanda

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I think folks are getting sick of some of the 'reality' shows... they've gone too long and they're the ones that need to be yanked from the lineup... I don't watch any of them... they bore me... but maybe I'm the only one...

Amanda
i watch several shows that i would call 'reality' shows, but, except for 3, they're not the 'competitive' type shows. i watch What Not To Wear, How Do I Look, Design Star, Food Network Star, & Iron Chef America.
those others - survivor types, etc. i don't care about those people & their petty squabbles. i think those bachelor/bachlorette shows are stupid, too.
i could see if you were into ballroom dancing that Dancing w/the Stars might be interesting. but i don't like American Idol, either - i'm not impressed w/the calibre of the talent on the part of the contestants.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a handful of shows from network TV that I watch (and I know some folks here don't like them, since we've discussed them in the past), but for the most part, I'm watching cable... although I think someone from the networks has started at Sci-Fi Channel... they cancelled Stargate SG-1 while it still had a large following... as well Dresden Files (that one within the first season), never letting it get the chance to bloom. Of course, that person is probably the very same schmuck who put wrestling into a SCIENCE FICTION channel's lineup... idiots.
I just found out about Jim Butchers series, The Dresden Files and loved the books. I was so excited to hear it was on the SciFi network only to be dissappointed to hear it was cancelled.
I am so dissappointed to hear Moonlighting has been cancelled. I thought it was doing well.

Reality shows. Yuck!! I know they are cheap but they are so... I don't even know what to call them. How embarrassing. What is it we are teaching the next generation. My Dad is better than you Dad. Dumb Dumb Dumb. And that one person in better than another based on what. Being able to swim through slime. Yippee. Big Brother. Being mean and manipulative will get you five minutes of fame and maybe some money. Yuck!!

What ever happened to clever writing. Shows with substance that can entertain you with wit and some degree of intelligence. There are some around but geez.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they wont give shows a chance to be a hit anymore.
sometimes it takes a season or 2 for people to find it.

that why it seems all the good show tend to be off of network now.
Sci fi channel does nt do much better they kill sg-1, but they keep showing the re-runs.
they should have just kept it going.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am upset this show was canceled also
It was my favorite series this year! I have emailed CBS and signed the petition. This show was winning it's time slot! It should have been given a second season!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i watch several shows that i would call 'reality' shows, but, except for 3, they're not the 'competitive' type shows. i watch What Not To Wear, How Do I Look, Design Star, Food Network Star, & Iron Chef America.
those others - survivor types, etc. i don't care about those people & their petty squabbles. i think those bachelor/bachlorette shows are stupid, too.
i could see if you were into ballroom dancing that Dancing w/the Stars might be interesting. but i don't like American Idol, either - i'm not impressed w/the calibre of the talent on the part of the contestants.
When I think of reality shows, I think of the contest type on the networks... big brother, the various dancing shows (and for the record, I do like dancing, I used to dance, but it holds no interest for me), AI is passable after all the freakishly bad rejects aren't showing anymore. Pretty much any 'dating' show... Survivor... don't get me started...

many of the shows on cable actually teach something... I love the Food network... namely Good Eats... Alton Brown is hilarious and he teaches the viewers about foods, not to mention the tips and advice he gives... I don't really like Emeril... he's a show-off, IMO... What Not To Wear on TLC: I have learned to respect what I have and to dress better than ratty message t-shirts and ill-fitting clothing. If i had that 5K, I know what I'd spend it on... Because of watching it, I've started dressing better, buying smaller t-shirts (Large, instead of 2X to hide my boobies). I try things on now in stores, instead of just holding them up to my body and going, 'yeah, I think that'll fit.' I've learned things...

shows like I mentioned in my first paragraph have no interest... not the slightest ounce of educational merit... it's shameless cr** for the sake of exploiting the desires of 'regular joes' to be famous... if only for their 15 minutes (thank you Andy Warhol for that)... Some of the talent that comes out of AI, I like... I've grown to like the songs of some of the winners... because they're halfway decent... but if they went up against someone like... oh, say... Billie Holiday or Ella Fitzgerald... they'd be blown out of the water in the talent pool... pretty voices, but lacks grit... substance... but that's what the music industry, much like Hollywood, is shoveling in front of our faces and ears...

I like reality shows that teach me something... but the fluff the networks put on the air holds nothing for me...

And that's my rant/post expanding on my reality show comment from this morning... Man, I get long-winded...

Amanda

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

I like reality shows that teach me something... but the fluff the networks put on the air holds nothing for me...

Amanda
everything you stated is exactly true for me, as well!