Callie's moving the kittens..

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the kittens are getting big, they've all opened their eyes, and can walk around on their own, we took the lid off the big kennel we had them in, and shut the door so they can't crawl out (Callie can still get in by jumping over the side). Callie was fine with it all day, but now all of a sudden, she's trying to move them under my bed, and I don't really want them there.. it's kind of messy under there.. and we'd rather them stay in the kennel. We tried moving them back and putting the top back on, but she's still trying to move them.. she moved one this time and left the others in the box.

Is there any way we can get her to leave them where they were?? Help!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How old are they now? When they are walking they really shouldn't be confined they should be able to stretch their little legs and learn to play. Is there a bathroom you could move them to?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

How old are they now? When they are walking they really shouldn't be confined they should be able to stretch their little legs and learn to play. Is there a bathroom you could move them to?
They're two weeks and four days. They had plenty of room to walk around in the kennel, it's huge..

My mom is thinking about putting them and the kennel out in our "mother in law" house.. but we can't really leave the door open, so we'd have to put Callie in there with them.

rotobay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you create a space inside the kennel that will seem hidden and secure to the mama? My cat did this same thing with her kittens (tried to move them to a more secret location). So we made a little cave out of a laundry basket and towels, and put a cardboard box on top. She kept the kittens in there for about 2 weeks. Eventually they were able to walk themselves and would venture out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rotobay

Can you create a space inside the kennel that will seem hidden and secure to the mama? My cat did this same thing with her kittens (tried to move them to a more secret location). So we made a little cave out of a laundry basket and towels, and put a cardboard box on top. She kept the kittens in there for about 2 weeks. Eventually they were able to walk themselves and would venture out.
We tried putting the lid back on it last night, but she kept dragging them out and putting them under the bed. This morning we put them back in the kennel and they're still there. Hopefully she'll leave them there this time.