Well that was depressing

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandma gave my mom a tape that someone had recorded at my high school choir concert. I was watching it earlier and now I'm all depressed. I was 15 then. Long pretty hair, smooth, flawless, taught face. Now twelve years later I'm out of shape. My face breaks out all the time. I have little brown age spots on it and gravity is starting to take over. I wanna be 15 again.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh honey, don't we all?
Yup, I have a tape like that, too: my brother and me at my folks' house in 1986, singing "Route 66" together (he played the string bass part on guitar and I did fingersnap percussion). I looked so cute, and we sounded so good!

I understand just how you feel. But what we lose in physical perfection, we more than make up in the character and substance we develop with time and experience.

Really.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait - 15 + 12 = 27? I don't think that I need algebrapro18 to do the math.

Age spots? Out of shape? I am having a hard time relating. I am having a harder time relating to wanting to be 15 again. I lost 50 pounds when I was 15. Don't ever want to go back.

Get rid of the tape and do some positive aspirations. After all, Popsie and you keep us all amused!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, let me rephrase that statement. I don't wish I was 15 again but it would be nice to have the skin, hair and energy I had at 15.

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats still no excuse for it not to be on Youtube so we can all have a laugh

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

Thats still no excuse for it not to be on Youtube so we can all have a laugh
well, altho i still have similar skin to age 15 [yeah, genetics can be good sometimes!], & my hair is not that different [lighter, tho] i wouldn't mind having the energy!
my sister at 15 tho - really bad acne on her back. i'm sure she doesn't want that again!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness I know that feeling!!
I've recently discovered that collagen is my new best friend, wrinkles and worry lines are just very close family members that want to get together on my face and there is nothing in the world that will stop the grey hair from sticking straight up, even if I iron everything else flat. Oh joy.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

...and there is nothing in the world that will stop the grey hair from sticking straight up, even if I iron everything else flat. Oh joy.
Now see, for me that springy grey hair is a blessing! My hair has always been flat as a flitter (whatever that is), so these grey strands that actually have some bounce to them are very welcome!

At 52, I'm starting to see some faint lines at the corners of my eyes, and I was really worried that when I lost weight, my whole face would prune up -- but that's not happening! Of course, I've only lost about a third of my goal, but... so far so good.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm on about day 4 of a new skin regimen, but i'm very pleased w/my results thus far - especially on my hands! i can see a difference in my face, too. plus, it's quite inexpensive!
here's the stuff: NA-PCA w/aloe
i got my bottle locally at the Vitamin Shoppe, but you can also order it online at the link i gave. it's a spray - like water, & after it dries, you can put makeup on top [non greasy treatment]. someone in my OSSG group discovered it.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laureen, I noticed the ingredients on that product include methylparaben, and I hate to say this, but (unless I'm remembering wrong) they said on NBC News just recently that parabens are carcinogenic.
I just switched to Burt's Bees face creams to try to get away from suspect ingredients... it's impossible to avoid them completely, but I'm making the effort, anyway.

Of course, now it turns out that the majority of processed foods in America contain genetically modified organisms, and thanks to the utter corruption of the FDA, we have no way of even knowing about it!

Well Laureen, between us, we've thoroughly hijacked this thread, haven't we? What completely irrelevant topic shall we discuss next?

Sorry, luvmycat1!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Laureen, I noticed the ingredients on that product include methylparaben, and I hate to say this, but (unless I'm remembering wrong) they said on NBC News just recently that parabens are carcinogenic.

Well Laureen, between us, we've thoroughly hijacked this thread, haven't we? What completely irrelevant topic shall we discuss next?

Sorry, luvmycat1!
actually, according to this source, it's not... [abstract of medical article].

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well! I couldn't get to that article, because I'm not a fancy-schmancy Medical Professional like you!
So I looked some other places, and I found a raging debate that made my head hurt.
I have no idea who's telling the truth.

But I did find a reference that triggered my memory of what they actually said on the news: they did not say parabens are toxic, but that they have an estrogenizing effect that can contribute to certain kinds of cancer. That's why it struck me -- because I'm at high risk for breast cancer, and I'm trying to keep away from estrogens. So... maybe not an issue for most people. I'm sorry!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, shoot, now it's making me to register! it didn't do that before... oh, well, it's free...
anyway, here's the pertinent quote:
Methyl paraben is not carcinogenic or mutagenic.
In a population with normal skin, methyl paraben is practically non-irritating and non-sensitizing. In chronic administration studies, no-observed-effect levels (NOEL) as high as 1050 mg/kg have been reported and a no-observed-adverse-effect level (NOAEL) in the rat of 5700 mg/kg is posited.
doesn't say anything about the estrogen thing, tho.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to be 27 again and know what I know now! Things would be a lot different! When I was 27, I looked 19. Now I have age spots and I do not have the energy that I once had. I poop out a lot.