and it is only 8 am here

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our air conditioner turned on at 7 am this morning. It is set to cool at 79 F. There is a energy monitor PG&E put on the central air unit so they can cut it off if there is too much energy usage. I am thinking that this could happen today.

DH is telecommuting today. It is a spare the air day so not driving a 100 mi round trip commute is a good thing.
Because the air quality is bad today it is not good for me to be outside exercising so swimming is out. I am going to stay at my health club a good part of the day, however. Plenty of lounge areas to hang out in their air conditioning. And shower with their water because we are under water restrictions.

I finished cleaning up the last of the presents Butzie brought me last night. She left a dead baby mouse next to our son's backpack in the foyer, brought another dead one to me in the bedroom and proceeded to play with it before she went to sleep. I told her what a good mouser she is and no more birdies. I put the live tailless lizard she left in the living room outside this morning.

I am going to try to convince her to stay inside today because it is so hot and because her cat door is in a sliding screen door and I have to leave the sliding door open. Right now she is sleeping next to me cooperatively.

Well, at least I am getting a new dishwasher today to replace the lemon we got a few years ago. Too bad I probably can't run it today because of the power and water supply but it is pretty.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We hit 107 today. We did not go to the Strawberry Fest because i will get a Migraine. We are going to the Taste of Turlock tomorrow though.
Live Conditions 4:58 PM
Elliott Education CenterChange Tracking Station
Temp
101.9°F
Switch to Celsius

So Far Today
Lo: 65°F
Rain: 0.00"
Hi: 107°F
Gust: NNW 14
Heat Index: 102°F
Humidity: 21%
Dew Point: 57°F
More Observations

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

We hit 107 today. We did not go to the Strawberry Fest because i will get a Migraine. We are going to the Taste of Turlock tomorrow though.
Live Conditions 4:58 PM
Elliott Education CenterChange Tracking Station
Temp
101.9°F
Switch to Celsius

So Far Today
Lo: 65°F
Rain: 0.00"
Hi: 107°F
Gust: NNW 14
Heat Index: 102°F
Humidity: 21%
Dew Point: 57°F
More Observations
I take it that you live closer to Turlock than Oxnard. Besides, I think the taste of turlock might be somewhat indoors.

I am glad that strawberries have already been in season because this heat might have killed them if it came earlier in the season. What crops in the Central Valley are in danger because of this heat besides wine?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - didn't realize that part of Cali was having a heat wave.

Have to ask - did Coolcat give you, um, fig leaves, for your saving-baby-birdiin-your-birthday-suit episode? I understand a little Spanish!!!!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Wow - didn't realize that part of Cali was having a heat wave.

Have to ask - did Coolcat give you, um, fig leaves, for your saving-baby-birdiin-your-birthday-suit episode? I understand a little Spanish!!!!
Yeah, really hot too early and too dry. Not good.

Por supuesto! Coolcat es siempre un caballero.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I wore a jacket for part of the day, and glad of it!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Yeah, I wore a jacket for part of the day, and glad of it!
I saw a jacket that I have worn by a local newscaster when she was doing a piece today about break-ins because people are leaving their windows doors open. She had it one for the beginning and ending shots. At all other times it was a flouncy tank top. I moved my said jacket, and other spring jackets, to the back of my closet Wed.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Grapes are Damaged and so are some other Crops. It was the Hottest ever in May today. It's official: this is the hottest day in May in Modesto history.
The temperature has reached 106 degrees in Modesto, making it the hottest May day in the city's history as recorded at the Modesto Irrigation District downtown monitoring station.
The temperature has been climbing steadily and could go even higher.
Was 107 on my side of the City. I hope we do not have a Bad Summer like 2006. Its Hot to early.