Married 3 months ...

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
..and DH already lost his wedding ring!!

He had it Monday night after work, then Tuesday I figured he left it at work (forgets sometimes). Told me Wednesday morning he thought it was still in his pants pockets from the day before. Not so! So by Wednesday night we decided he's lost it somewhere at work! He doesn't wear it at work because he builds transmissions and it's easy to get it caught. But he'd wear it before/after work, then leave it in his toolbox or pockets for the day (or give it to me to hold on to until after work).

He thinks it might have fallen out of his pocket at work somewhere because he always takes his keys out (they keep different doors locked during the day when they're in different areas of the building, so keys are always in and out of the pocket, and we think the ring got caught once). I guess after work tomorrow or Saturday I will be doing an extensive search by all doors and common paths they take through the shop!!

*Sigh* Its gonna suck having to buy another $185 ring if we cant find it! I told him I'd superglue it to his head

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might turn up. A couple years ago DH lost his ring at his bowling league. (He takes it off because it pinches when he bowls.) It was missing for weeks. He finally went and bought a new one...and sure enough, it turned up in one of his teammates' bags the next week.

Sending vibes that he finds his ring soon.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend lost her engagement ring one day while out camping. She figured it fell in the sand and got buried. We searched and searched.

The next year her camping neighbour's kids were digging in the sand and found a ring! Guess who's?

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to laugh but been there done that. DH is on his second ring in the last twelve years.
He STILL takes it off and leaves it lying around. There are many times he thinks he has lost it again.
I am just waiting for the day that we have to get ring number three.

I am sorry he lost it. I hope he finds it by a miracle.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

My friend lost her engagement ring one day while out camping. She figured it fell in the sand and got buried. We searched and searched.

The next year her camping neighbour's kids were digging in the sand and found a ring! Guess who's?
Wow, that is incredible! How wonderful.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well if i was you , i would just go ahead and dump him(kidding)

i have not worn my wedding ring, since hmm about 2 days after i got married. I am not even sure where the ring is.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Oh I just thought of another idea: my ex's dad did this actually... he works in the asphalt business which is a dirty hands type of job, so they bought really nice rings for the ceremony and big occasions and then he also bought a nice, but cheap-o ring to wear on a daily basis... much cheaper to replace and he has the sentimental value of the real ring

boringjen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, even a cheapo ring is still dangerous, depending on the work you do. I'd rather have a DH with all his fingers than one who tried to appease me by wearing his ring at all times.

OP, don't worry about it. I lost my ring a few months after getting married. Didn't change anything, but made a funny story about what a lousy wife I was.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

well if i was you , i would just go ahead and dump him(kidding)

i have not worn my wedding ring, since hmm about 2 days after i got married. I am not even sure where the ring is.
My dad's that same way except they pawned his ring after the wedding. He's NEVER worn rings.

My DH lost his on Feb. 13th this year and we'd only been married 8 months at that point. He fell on some ice and apparently his ring flew off his hand. He didn't notices it was gone until several hours later. If it had only been $200 I wouldn't have worried so much but this is an $800 platinum band and we were worried that the lot would get plowed if we didn't hurry. We dug through trash and looked all over (he didn't know if it came off or he left it in the bathroom when he cleaned his hands up) and finally found it right where he fell. You could see his hand prints frozen in the snow and there a few feet from them was his ring.

I hope you find it and maybe he could wear a chain on his neck to put his ring on in the future?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

Haha, just make him tattoo a ring on his finger... then if he does lose it, he's still marked as taken lol
We were actually both going to do that - talked about it before we got married. Just havent gotten around to it or even really thought about it much lately. But he sure can't lose that ring!

I'm going to take a look around after work today. He said he only opens so many doors with his keys, but he doesn't always wait til he gets to the door to take them out of his pocket! He has a metal detector (and that'll go off 8000 times since there's tons of bolts and other metal pieces in the parking lot where he works!), but doesn't know how well it will work with tungsten carbide. So he's already looking at new rings online also, and thinks he'll get a smaller width this time if we cant find it anywhere (but I figure, it has to be somewhere!!) Might have fallen out of his pocket in the car, too.

He says it's my fault its missing because I wanted him to wear it before / after work
But we didnt buy it for him to never wear it - he likes to wear it most of the time. I didnt care that he wouldnt wear it while working - I'd like him to come home with all fingers intact daily! He cuts them up enough as it is now!

If we find it, we find it. If not, it'll be onto ring numbah two.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'know, you could get him one of those tiny coin-purse keychains to add to his keyring, and when he takes the wedding ring off, he could put it into that little purse. You'd want one with a zipper, for safety... but that would keep his ring with his keys, insulated from scratches, and out of sight so nobody would think to take it...

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About two years in my DH lost his ring hiking (or so he thought) after laying on the guilt
(ha ha) I took him back to get another ring. Wouldn't you know a week or so after we bought the new one he found the original in his hiking gear (it slipped off when he went to get his crampons).

Now we've got a spare for the next time

I was thinking that maybe he should have a caribiner-style key chain that he can slip it on to so that it won't get lost in his pocket/toolbox.

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband was playing with his wedding ring in his parents church over christmas time, the first time we had ever gone to visit them and our daughter was 6 months old. The floors were sloped downward. Suddenly there was a *ping* and his ring rolled all the way to the front. I was SO mad at him. Thankfully he went to look for it after the service was over and someone had found it and gave it back to him.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, you REALLY don't need rings to know you are married. DH and I dont' have them. We want to get special rings made (non-traditional) and don't have the extra money right now.

Both of us had rings first time around; personally it doesn't matter to me if we get them or not. We know we are married and will be rest of our lives.

Too many people don't respect a person if they are wearing a ring or not!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You know, you REALLY don't need rings to know you are married. DH and I dont' have them. We want to get special rings made (non-traditional) and don't have the extra money right now.

Both of us had rings first time around; personally it doesn't matter to me if we get them or not. We know we are married and will be rest of our lives.

Too many people don't respect a person if they are wearing a ring or not!

I know it doesnt really matter whether or not we have rings to know we're married - we already know that ourselves!
But we both like them, he just wont wear it at work due to the risk of getting it caught on something and messing up his finger/hand. He enjoys wearing his ring on weekends or when we go out.

I hope we find it, he almost spazzed when he realized his was the $185 one, and mine was the $85 one