Scratch leading me to a certain spot

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Scratch was a kitten, she's been attracted to a certain spot in my basement. It doesn't happen as often as it used to - but she would stand at the top at the stairs and meow at me like she was saying, "follow me". When I would go and follow her, she would stand on the floor in the basement 'play room', always in the same spot, and there was never anything there, just carpet. She'd just stand there, and when I walked away, she would too.

I still have NO idea why she does/did that! Any thoughts?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did anyone live there before you? Maybe someone died in that spot and she picks up on it.

I used to live in a apartment and the cat I had at that time used to sit and stare at one particular spot on the floor in front of the hall closet. Even Chynna did it when I got her.

Not long before I moved out, I met one of my neighbours and he asked me if I was aware of the history of my apartment. I wasn't. Apparently either the person who lived there before me, or the one before that was murdered and they found his body on the floor in front of the hall closet.

It didn't creep me out but it was weird the way my 2 cats picked up on something in that one spot.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Because she's a weirdo cat?
I swear they do things just to weird us out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Because she's a weirdo cat?
I swear they do things just to weird us out.
That makes plenty of sense.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Did anyone live there before you? Maybe someone died in that spot and she picks up on it.

I used to live in a apartment and the cat I had at that time used to sit and stare at one particular spot on the floor in front of the hall closet. Even Chynna did it when I got her.

Not long before I moved out, I met one of my neighbours and he asked me if I was aware of the history of my apartment. I wasn't. Apparently either the person who lived there before me, or the one before that was murdered and they found his body on the floor in front of the hall closet.

It didn't creep me out but it was weird the way my 2 cats picked up on something in that one spot.
Yes, this house was built in 1971 and we moved in in the summer of 1991. I have no idea if anyone died here, but I'd like to know if someone did. :para: That's kinda creepy!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

exactly what I was thinking!
Yup! She's like, let's see if she'll play that follow me game so that I can see that funny looks she gets which just

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Lucy will get me to follow her into the kitchen and roll over on her back. She already has food so that isn't problem. But she will get quite insistent that I follow and watch her roll over.

Maybe it is a portal to another dimension and she is warning you about it.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thinking that Natalie_ca is on the right track
Cats definitely have a great connection to the paranormal but we humans are so far below in our level of recognition that it seems likes "just cat behavior" to most of us.
For instance, I caretake my inlaws' old house and when I first moved in, all my cats were avoiding one spot in a dark hallway - sometimes they'd be following me, but then would alert to something that I couldn't see or sense, and go back the other way and then rejoin me further down the hallway. My SIL told me that the man who sold her family the house said that some people think that there is a ghost in that part of the house.
And then, there is that connection between Joey and my grandson in San Diego, about 400 mi. away. When my grandson has had a fever, or is really upset, Joey goes around mmrrreeeoowwling for him (it's a cry that Joey, the typical, silent, tiny-meowed Manx, reserves usu. for when my grandson goes back to SD after school vacations). My grandson is the only person who can truck Joey around (unless it's me, holding him up to a wall to reach a spider, and then, Joey tolerates it for less than a minute).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She did it again today. I doubt there's a mouse there, because she's leading me to a spot on the floor and this has been happening for years. Maybe she's just weird.

Originally Posted by yayi

or buried treasure!
If only

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oooh i was thinking it was a corner she was leading you to. duh!

maybe someone or something did die there.

in my old apt, chloe would always go sit and stare at this one spot in the carpet by my dresser and i dont know why (it was new carpet) soon centipedes started dying in that spot. i didnt even know i had centipedes. and whenever chloe would get a hairball, thats where she would throw it up and she would lead me to it. she was only about 7 mos old. i never did find out the mystery of that spot since they tore down the apts a few mos later.
they had been international student apts and god only knows what had taken place in them!