Question of the day - May 15th!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Thursday everyone!

Do you drive over the posted speed limit? If so, how many tickets have you gotten since you first got your drivers license?

I'm not much of a speeder, I usually go about 5 over, average
I've only gotten 1 ticket since I got my license... not so bad!

Have a good day!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Happy Thursday everyone!

Do you drive over the posted speed limit? If so, how many tickets have you gotten since you first got your drivers license?
I usually stick to the speed limit or no more than 4 over. Occasionally I will go more if I do not pay attention.

I have yet to get a speeding ticket but am sure I will get one some day cause of not paying attention.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
no, i never drive over the speed limit

Actually I always drive over the speed limit, especially on the freeway. As for how many tickets
I've lost count
at least 10 in 13 years
no exaggeration, you'd think I'd learn

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually drive the speed limit, if not a little bit over.
From 16 years of age to 18 years of age, I had so many tickets from speeding that I had my license suspended for 6 months. I learned then to straighten my act up with my driving.

materialsgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I usually drive 5 over the posted limit, but have been slowing down lately in an effort to improve my fuel economy. I have had 2 speeding tickets in my life, and my most "recent" one was 8 years ago, when I had more of a lead foot.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I always drive over the speed limit and have gotten one ticket so far.

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to have a horrid lead foot when I was living near Chicago. I remember driving home from school at between 80-100 miles per hour. One of my favorite things to do when I lived with my parents was to see how fast I could go before I had to stop at the stop sign to the end of the road my parents live on. My dads car I did about 110 before having to stop, and with mine I got to about 70(I drive an SUV so it accelerates slow and takes longer to stop). I must have done this about 1000 times and never blew the stop sign. While living at home I got 3 tickets, the worst one was for 22 over (87 in a 65) while drunk though the cop seemed to ignore that(I was 18 at the time). Then two weeks later I got another one for getting in an accident and totaling my mom's car(55 in a 35). Then about a year and a half later I got another one for doing 47 in a 30 but I didn't know it was a 30 zone. Since that one I haven't gotten any and have really really slowed down, living in the country as really relaxed my driving style. Though last year while me and a bunch of my friends were car pooling up to Upper Michigan for a week of camping(about 60 of us went) I maxed out my car until it almost stalled while drag racing someone. Thankfully no cops were around because my car maxes out at about 110 and it was in a 55 zone.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually drive 5 over except in school areas then I drive the limit. I have never gotten a speeding ticket.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I always drive over the speed limit on highways and major roads. Never on quiet, or residential type areas. I would also never speed if my dog were in the car. Other then those instances I always speed and I have gotten 2 tickets in the 13 years I have been driving.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I always drive over the speed limit and have gotten one ticket so far.
It's exactly the same with me. I never stick to the limit, but I don't get caught. (Unless there's construction, like there is now...it's currently impossible to go much more than 10 mph, regardless of the speed limit.)

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I normally drive 5 over the limit but no more. On trips I tend to go way over on the interstates but I've never had a speeding ticket. Knock on wood, knock on wood!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not much for speed limits. I usually go 5-9 miles over the speed limit. I've never gotten a ticket, but I've been pulled over 3 times since I got my licence 5 years ago.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
none so far, i have driven not on a proper rode though, but i dont have my license.. soo ill get back to you in a few years!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only gotten one ticket, right after I started driving on my own..

I usually drive five over the speed limit, people that drive under the speed limit drive me off the wall, and I always get a little frustrated when I'm stuck behind someone who's going right at the speed limit.. maybe that's bad, but I've always had a habit of driving five over, most of the people that I know do the same. The only time I don't is if there's people out walking/riding bikes or it's a school zone.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually go around 5 - 10 over. It kind of depends on my mood. If I have my windows down and my radio loud then I really have to watch myself or I start speeding really badly! Oops!

But I have never gotten a ticket *knock on wood* but gotten pulled over twice. Once for 52 in a 35 but the nice cop let me go because I had been on the interstate all day and it was a long straight road and I just honestly didnt realize I was going that fast and then the 2nd was because the cop claimed I rolled a stop sign... I still say I stopped... but he let me go.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In 38 years of driving, I have one ticket. Usually, I drive whatever the traffic is doing, which is often 10-15 km over the limit. There are exceptions -- school zones, for one.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually drive 20 over the limit
Of course it depends on the situation. I wouldn't drive 20 over in a residental area. I was pulled over once (I deserved it..I was doing 93km/hr in a 60 zone) The police officer let me off with a warning though

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't always go the speed limit, only in my neighborhood where it's 25 and there are kids and kitties all over! On the highway I usually go up to 10 miles over if weather and traffic permits

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been known to speed from time to time, but I do try to stick to the speed limit. I have been driving for 14 years and I've never gotten a speeding ticket...or a warning for speeding. I've only recieved one ticket and that was for running a red light. I went under right as the light was changing. Boo!