to call or not to call?

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been single for a long time, I just never really go out anymore at night, i prefer to stay home and hangout with my animals or any friends that come over, so i never really meet anyone.

So I just moved and yesterday when i pulled into the driveway there was a phone company tech outside fixing the dsl line, he looks to be around my age. We started talking cause I told him how my internet wasn't working, and even though he wasn't there to fix my connection, he came inside, took a look, and fixed it for me free! He was a friendly, nice guy, kept talking to me as I was going back and forth from my car.

Anyways he ended up giving me his card and told me to give him a call if I ever have any more problems with my internet and if I want to hangout sometime.

So I don't know if I should call him. He was tall and he was muscular (my type
) but I don't know what to do. I usually chicken out in situations like this and thats probly why Im still single.

I don't know if I think he is cute though, that sounds bad I know but for some reason I cant really picture his face now, all i remember is the arms on this guy and his height, lol. I was running around trying to finish putting the house together so I didn't really pay attention.

What would you guys do?
I was thinking if nothing else I could always use a new friend, you can never have to many of those, but the phone company guy? I dont know!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in the length of time you typed that you could have already called heheh..
Yes give him a call, if you want to

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would call as well. Even if you just go for a couple of drinks you'll know by the end of the night if he's your type or not?. OR is there anything else you need done on the internet?. That way you could break the ice again

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What are you waiting for! Give him a call. If a sexy, tall, muscular guy (and if I was single) gave me his number... Damn straight I would be calling. Who knows you guys could have a blast together.

Keep us updated!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two cents worth - also - go for it. Guys don't give out their numbers and say call if you want to hang out -- unless they WANT to hang out!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It wouldn't hurt! You could go somewhere fun and get out of the house! Bowling, movie, a museum? I don't know?! Whatever you like to do!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sydney

he ended up giving me his card and told me to give him a call if I ever have any more problems with my internet and if I want to hangout sometime.

So I don't know if I should call him.
Call him!

You can't get any more clear of a hint than him giving you his business card and suggesting that you call him if you wanted to "hang out". He basically asked you out right then and there...but left the ball in your court to accept his invitation.

Call the man and suggest getting together for coffee and see how it goes. From there you can move to lunch or dinner or a concert or something....something where you can talk, not where you have to keep quiet like a movie.

You never get anywhere in life if you don't move out of your comfort zone

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Call him!

You can't get any more clear of a hint than him giving you his business card and suggesting that you call him if you wanted to "hang out". He basically asked you out right then and there...but left the ball in your court to accept his invitation...
THAT was the time to suggest drinks or coffee on Saturday night! It doesn't give you time to get nervous about accepting his invitation! Right now you have cold feet. Put on a pair of sox and give him a call!!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Call him call him! hehe

I kinda get flustered in those types of situations too and get all like warm and giddy when I do actually contact the person haha but I'm usually glad I did it in the end.... can't hurt to try! And yeah if anything you end up with a new friend! Just make sure you meet in a public place... you could even recruit a couple of your friends and when you call him be like "hey a few friends an I were thinking of grabbing drinks/finger food, wanna come along?"

You gotta let us know what happens!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely call! One of my nieces has now been going out with "the phone guy" since last August, and they met under similar circumstances.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sydney

He was tall and he was muscular (my type
) but I don't know what to do. I usually chicken out in situations like this and thats probly why Im still single.

I don't know if I think he is cute though, that sounds bad I know but for some reason I cant really picture his face now
Hmmm, he was tall and muscular... do you really need to remember his face?

Just kidding, but I would call.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hahahah if it was me, I would pull the internet cable out of the wall! then you have a reason to call him

Then make him lunch or coffee in return for 'fixing' it............ But i'm a huge wimp.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by lmunsie

hahahah if it was me, I would pull the internet cable out of the wall! then you have a reason to call him

Then make him lunch or coffee in return for 'fixing' it............ But i'm a huge wimp.
Don't just pull it out of the wall! Cut the cable! Then he's gotta stay a little longer and you don't look dumb for not just plugging it back in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, ok ok Im going to call him!

Ill let you all know what happens, im getting a little nervous.

I find myself checking out who is driving the phone trucks when i see them driving down my street now, checking to see if it could be him, haha im a dork.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Hmmm, he was tall and muscular... do you really need to remember his face?

Just kidding, but I would call.

good luck!! one date can't hurt!