Are Men Allergic To Toilet Paper Holders??

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My s/o will NOT put a new roll of TP on to the holder, no matter how low it's getting to be - and the extra TP is within easy reach - right on the shelf in front of the toilet. Instead of putting a new roll on, he'll just grab a new roll off the shelf, use it, and put it back ON THE SHELF! It drives me nuts!!
What's up with that?!

One of these days, I'm not gonna put any extra TP on the shelf..

~KK~

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes we are. I hate them.
Are holder is to the left behind me, Why should have to reach that far, when i can just leave it on the counter. and pick it up?

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats highly allergic. They have this crazy reaction that cause them to unroll the TP from the holders.

As long as the TP stays off the holder their allergies are under control.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate 'em too! They're always inconveniently located, and they're a waste of time and effort! I keep a roll on the holder for the sake of guests, but...

The way I see it, if it takes even as little as 20 seconds a week to put paper on the holder, I'm saving over 17 minutes per year by not doing it! I've got all kinds of things I'd rather do with that time!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hated the way they were installed when we bought our house. I got rid of the ugly metal ones, bought nice wooden ones, and put them in a positions so you don't have to be double-jointed to use them.

And yes, I put new rolls on them when they're needed, too. You ladies just didn't train your guys right.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took mine off the holder. PJ & Punky were having way too much fun with it!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm I have the same problem - not quite as bad, but DH doesn't seem to know how to put another roll on the roller (he manages to figure it out sometimes). He'll just leave the new roll on the hamper top

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I hate 'em too! They're always inconveniently located, and they're a waste of time and effort! I keep a roll on the holder for the sake of guests, but...

The way I see it, if it takes even as little as 20 seconds a week to put paper on the holder, I'm saving over 17 minutes per year by not doing it! I've got all kinds of things I'd rather do with that time!
it only takes me 2 seconds! this is the kind i have [mine's not quite this fancy, tho] - replaced a 'traditional' one! tp holder

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem with DH. He's so allergic that he won't even take a chance on coming in contact with an empty toilet paper holder. Instead, he starts a new roll and leaves it on the back of the toilet before the roll on the holder is empty. That way, he avoids both the empty holder and the wife nagging at him to change the empty roll.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an idea...you should just leave it empty next time and keep tp with you at all times. Then your DH will never forget that one time he was in the bathroom and had NO tp..he will remember from then on..and you won't be affected since you'll have your secret tp stash

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see what the big deal is with taking just a few seconds to change the tp roll.
We don't have that problem in our house because we both take the time to change it out if we see it needs to be replaced.

Maybe you could just talk to your so and let him know it bothers you when he doesn't change it- perhaps he doesn't realzie how much it bothers you?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here... and the holder is conveniently next to the toilet within easy reach. It's not that hard to change and it's not like it would take up precious time - really, he'd be sitting right there anyways.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, that's so annoying.. it's not that hard! Us girls in the house are pretty much the only ones who know how to change them and the guys just leave the empty roll sitting there on the holder..

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I took mine off the holder. PJ & Punky were having way too much fun with it!

i should say, i installed one that sits in front of me. not way behind me.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never use the holder. I always pick up the roll and get the paper that way. I don't like them.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe... I live alone and I don't bother putting the toilet paper on the roll. I leave it sitting on the side of the sink

So I don't really see what the big deal is

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Quite the opposite in our house. I have to follow behind (excuse the pun ) my wife and her son and replace them. I think its to technical for them myself.