Chynna's Birthday Present

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went and got Chynna her birthday present today. I got one of those "Pet Mate" water fountains. She likes fresh cold water and the glass bowl that she currently drinks from is my my desk and I'm forever tripping over it. It was on sale too!

I set up the Pet Mate and put it in the only place that was out of the way and near a plug... in my dining room under my sewing machine.

It took Abby less than 3 minutes to discover something new, and took a drink. She is the one that I thought would be freaked out about it.

I picked up Chynna and took her to the Pet Mate, and she took one look at it and ran in place for several seconds before getting enough momentum to go and hide under the table!

Her tail was so poofy!
After glaring at it for a few minutes she slowly crept within about 1 foot of it, gave it a sniff and slinked away.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I picked up Chynna and took her to the Pet Mate, and she took one look at it and ran in place for several seconds before getting enough momentum to go and hide under the table!

Her tail was so poofy!
After glaring at it for a few minutes she slowly crept within about 1 foot of it, gave it a sniff and slinked away.
it's a drinking fountain monster!
seriously, she'll most likely get used to it. OTOH, Pixel is the only one i've ever seen use the drinkwell... the other 4 prefer the petmates

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine all flipped over the fountains at first, those blasted evil fountain monsters, ya know?

Eventually they get used to it....the Drinkwell was by far scarier than the PetMate....but they prefer to drinkwell so who knows!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There were 3 to choose from. One was just a "bubbler", and I didn't think that my cats would go near anything that was making bubbles!

The 2 others filtered the water. One held 1.5 gallons, and the other 3 gallons.

I thought about this one, but decided against it because of "kitty spit" on the dome and the fact that the dome might get slimy and require frequent cleaning.

http://www.arcatapet.com/fullsize/11916.jpg

I ended up going with this one. The girl said they are pretty durable and the quieter of the twi that I was contemplating.

http://www.petco.com/Assets/product_images/2\2969524860B.jpg

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i found the dome model difficult to clean - the petmates are much easier.
the drinkwell is even easier to clean!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reading about Chynnas birthday present has convinced me to get the kids one. I've wondered for a while whether to get them one, but was always worried with it being electric and me being at work, but i've found one at my local Pets at Home and it said it's low voltage for safety, so i'll go and get them one at the weekend

This is the one i've found and i think it's very similar to yours, if not the same?

http://www.petsathome.com/find/keywo...oduct-is-68708

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heyu loved the Drinkwell from day one.
sometiems she just sit and watchs the water.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This reminds me that I need a new pump or a new fountain all together.

When I first got one for the kits Frankie wasn't phased but Wickett did the same thing Chynna did. He was petrafied of it and wouldn't even get close enough to really inspect it. Eventually he got brave and before the pump quit it was to the point where he would play it it. Of course, he plays with still water too... and drinks from his paw.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Reading about Chynnas birthday present has convinced me to get the kids one. I've wondered for a while whether to get them one, but was always worried with it being electric and me being at work, but i've found one at my local Pets at Home and it said it's low voltage for safety, so i'll go and get them one at the weekend

This is the one i've found and i think it's very similar to yours, if not the same?

http://www.petsathome.com/find/keywo...oduct-is-68708
Yes, that's the one I have. It's very nice. I just wish they would use it now! Abby drinks from it occasionally. Chynna is still using the bowl sitting on the floor next to my chair.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'll let you know tomorrow what they think of it
Is it heavy to carry?
No. It's quite light actually. About the size box of a coffee maker box. And probably lighter because it's all plastic.