Secret Santa Already!!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to participate this year.
Last year I hadn't been a member long enough.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Tonight I found a perfect Secret Santa gift, at a perfect price!!!
I'm so excited!
Let the shopping begin (early!)
i bought kitty toys for SS right after Christmas - 75% off!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I joined the Group to late last year. How is the Secrect Santa done?
In late summer a sign-up process starts. It needs to be that early, so that there's time for matching Santa and recipient early enough for shopping and shipping -- in some cases overseas, for which there needs to be lots of lead time. Here is last year's sign up thread to give you an idea how it all works. Keep your eyes peeled, so you don't miss the sign-up.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had bought a heap of kitty stuff, shoved it in a box and teufel ripped it open! Thats right HE RIPPED IT OPEN!!

I am going to sign up this year, i really missed it last year since i had a great SS The year before, she really made my xmas so special because i was alone and wrapped 20+ things for me

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've already picked up two or three items, cat-themed, of course. I'm always afraid that if I don't get them when I see them, they'll be gone by the time I really need to shop for stuff.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few things tucked away that I bought on sale after last year

I can't wait to do more shopping again this year since I know better how it works now!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have things tucked away as well but I'm not ready for SS yet.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a big fan of buying ahead, but unfortunately I now have "senior" moments so if I buy too early and put it away, I don't remember it or find it until the following summer at which time I put it away again and, well you get the picture.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'm a big fan of buying ahead, but unfortunately I now have "senior" moments so if I buy too early and put it away, I don't remember it or find it until the following summer at which time I put it away again and, well you get the picture.
Unfortunately, I know what you mean.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was just thinking... "now I wonder where I put the stuff I already bought?"

lol

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

You're not the only one! I now have a box marked "TCS SS" on a bookshelf in the study.

My mom was always great for shopping early, and putting stuff away. We used to love to get forgotten Christmas presents when she was doing her spring cleaning, or packing for a summer vacation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

You're not the only one! I now have a box marked "TCS SS" on a bookshelf in the study.

My mom was always great for shopping early, and putting stuff away. We used to love to get forgotten Christmas presents when she was doing her spring cleaning, or packing for a summer vacation.
That sounds so much like my mom! We loved getting Valentine's Day presents that were really lost/forgotten Christmas presents!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven`t bought anything yet but I`m gathering ideas

My parcel got lost last year so I didn`t get anything
Suerly it won`t happen 2 years in a row?!