TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Pic of my cat - she sits weird...Problem?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pic of my cat - she sits weird...Problem?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
A while ago I posted a thread in Health and Nutrition about an odd posture that my cat sits in. I was able to snap a picture of it from front and side angles.

a) Isn't my kitty cute? Of course she is, she is a little princess.

b) Has anyone seen this posture before? She'll sit like this for the longest time, and even fall asleep like this. Could this possibly point to something problematic? (Like, for example, the meatloaf position might?) She has HCM.

Thanks again all!
LL
LL
post #2 of 18
I don't think its a probelm....but shes awfully cute!
post #3 of 18
She does seem to have a concerned expression....How is her attitude when she's sitting like that?
Does she also maintain more "regular" positions, such as curling on her side in her cat bed or on the couch??
It sometimes means that they are not relaxed, and are poised for a quick get-away; in my household, it often means that Andrea or J.C. is plotting an ambush on someone
Is there a dog nearby perhaps? or an annoying noise going on in the background??
post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 
Aw thanks! Here are some more pics of her when she is not sitting weird!
LL
LL
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
She does seem to have a concerned expression....How is her attitude when she's sitting like that?
It's very calm, you can pet her, she's pretty serene. In this particular instance, there wasn't anything going on behind the door that she isn't used to. Sometimes she'll sit on the floor or the couch like that too without any other context.

Quote:
Does she also maintain more "regular" positions, such as curling on her side in her cat bed or on the couch??
Oh yes, certainly. But by the same token, she'll sit like the picture shows in a situation where you'd think she should be sitting more relaxed. Why, yes there is a dog nearby, but she knows him. And sometimes when the dog is not nearby she'll sit like that for no apparent reason - no noise, no environmental changes. It's odd and I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the HCM..... Now that I have a pic, I can bring it to the vet. Granted, she has always sat like this, but she seems to be doing it more often.
post #6 of 18
She's gorgeous, and as long as she looks like she's comfortable when she's sitting like that and also sits in other positiopns I wouldn't worry about it - my kits sit like that too of course, vet checks never hurt, but it doesn't strike me as something to go to the vet for. Next time you bring her in for a checkup you could ask your vet about it though.

On a side note, she's absolutely gorgeous and reminds me a lot of a British Blue. Is she?
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoalily View Post
She's gorgeous, and as long as she looks like she's comfortable when she's sitting like that and also sits in other positiopns I wouldn't worry about it - my kits sit like that too of course, vet checks never hurt, but it doesn't strike me as something to go to the vet for. Next time you bring her in for a checkup you could ask your vet about it though.

On a side note, she's absolutely gorgeous and reminds me a lot of a British Blue. Is she?
So some cats do perch like this? Glad to hear! She gets regular checkups twice a year (or more if her gums act up) and everything has been coming back fine. She seems her regular self.

Aw, thanks! She is such a sweetheart! Yes, she is a British Blue.
post #8 of 18
My girls will sit like that for a long time as well - particularly Smudge, she doesn't seem to have learnt to tuck her paws in like other cats do.

If your girl is uncomfortable, she'll move
post #9 of 18
Awwww shes a gorgeous kitty
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCurledUp View Post
So some cats do perch like this? Glad to hear! She gets regular checkups twice a year (or more if her gums act up) and everything has been coming back fine. She seems her regular self.

Aw, thanks! She is such a sweetheart! Yes, she is a British Blue.
Ah, I was wondering if she was a British Shorthair - round head, short muzzle... cobby body.... She's a stunner! Love the gold eyes!
post #11 of 18
What a pretty girl! My kitties like to sit like that too. They remind me of roosting chickens, so I say they're "sittin' like a chicken".
post #12 of 18
She looks fine to me. She is a very pretty girl.
post #13 of 18
aww!

post #14 of 18
don't worry! its what they do when there watching something. my cat does it all the time! hope i helped and if i'm wrong vibes:
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Thanks so much guys!!! I am so glad to hear that this is a normal posture. She seems fine, and it's not a new pose for her. I've just never seen a cat do this before.

She's my pretty little Bonnie Blue and I just want what's best for her.
post #16 of 18
i've seen my two sit like that as well doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them it's just how they feel like sitting I supose.
post #17 of 18
She is lovely and LOVE her name
post #18 of 18
she's a very pretty kitty..both of my cats will sit like that occasionally too..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Pic of my cat - she sits weird...Problem?