Laser Pointer

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a laser pointer for the girls. They went absolutely wild! Rusty even got dizzy running in circles trying to get the red dot. She was actually panting after I put it up. I am trying to keep it from going in theirs eyes tho. Don't want to blind them. I got it at PetsMart.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a good idea to avoid their eyes. Wickett loves ours so much that all I have to do is shake the chain it hangs from and he comes running!

materialsgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Theodore LOVES the laser - he chatters just like when he sees a bird out the window. It's hilarious! He thinks he's being entertained, but the fact is, I'm the one being entertained!

kittycurledup

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Bonnie looooves the laser. She goes nuts for it. Lucky mostly ignores it, preferring the toys that he can physically bite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

It's a good idea to avoid their eyes. Wickett loves ours so much that all I have to do is shake the chain it hangs from and he comes running!
All I have to do is take it from the shelf on my computer desk. They hear the chain and will come running from even a sound sleep! They get so worked up that they will actually pant. After the play they will crash for an hour or so. They love it soooo much! It is their favorite toy!

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all 7 that were at my house for a bit loved it. I would pick it up, the chain would make a bit of noise, and here they came running. I have noticed with my cats, not sure if it is the same with yours... if you put the dot on a cat, like their back, the others will just look at it. I haven't seen them attack it while it was on another living being, human, or cat. Even when they were in the 'lazer zone' and following it like there was no other point to life, they will stop dead when it is on another cat.

Great toy. I too avoid eyes at all costs, and surfaces that may reflect it into their eyes.
Great cat toy.

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Brilliant toy, yes just the click and jangle of it sets them running

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jake will jump halfway up the wall after that thing and one time he was chasing it so hard in a circle, he fell over in exhaustion....

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie loves the laser pointer too, but then again she likes to chase any light as it goes across the wall (I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's a good thing she is cute because she is no brain surgeon
)

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tallulah

Brilliant toy, yes just the click and jangle of it sets them running
I have it on the shelf above my monitor, and no matter how quietly I try to take it down, they hear it and will come. I usually play with it in the evenings when I get home from work. Tonight, I was playing on the computer and looked down and both of them were sitting there expectantly!! I gave in and they had a blast.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The batteries don't last too long! It died in the middle of playing tonight. I guess I got to get some more...

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty loved it at first, but figured out there was no catching it, so it lost a little magic. but she still loves a little laser tag here and there

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

Kitty loved it at first, but figured out there was no catching it, so it lost a little magic. but she still loves a little laser tag here and there
Mine too. I knew it was over when I put it down on the table and Seldon pushed it toward me for another few minutes of play. He must have told the others because they lost interest.