trying to come up with names

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok here she is

anyone want to help with some names.

So far we have thought of Dakota, Skylar, Koko (hubbys but not sure I like it) and Kami (which is my oldest daughters fav and not sure she is going to sway from it. heehee).

our other dog is Diamond, cats are Dusty, Tiger, pounce and Angel..

so anyone wanna play.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shelby is cute since she came from Shelbyville KY! LOL

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is very cute, no good with names though. If your other dog is diamond you could call her Ruby

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah I am pretty partial to Dakota myself. LOL and fits in with my kids names that all have K's in them too. hahaa but not sure the rest will go along with it.... my oldest is going to be the issue getting her off of Kami

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mountaindew

yeah I am pretty partial to Dakota myself. LOL and fits in with my kids names that all have K's in them too. hahaa but not sure the rest will go along with it.... my oldest is going to be the issue getting her off of Kami
name her Dakota Kami!

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Laureen---- oh now that is an idea......... but I am sure my oldest would call her Kami and most would use Dakota..... wonder if she would come to both. LOL my cat comes to both Pounce (his real name) and handsome (which I call him) another one answers to Angel and Girly girl (what my oldest calls her) etc.... so it may work but don't want to confuse her at first.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by mountaindew

Laureen---- oh now that is an idea......... but I am sure my oldest would call her Kami and most would use Dakota..... wonder if she would come to both. LOL my cat comes to both Pounce (his real name) and handsome (which I call him) another one answers to Angel and Girly girl (what my oldest calls her) etc.... so it may work but don't want to confuse her at first.
When my dog could still hear well (she's 14 now) she'd come to a lot of her nicknames - her real name is Cuddles but she'd also come to Queen(ie), Cuddle Bear, Missy Mae, girlfriend, Queen Bee, etc... and what was really cool was she was a shelter pup and before us, she had no name (she came in with her brother as babies like 2 hours before my dad and I showed up) and when we played with her in the shelter's yard and I called her Cuddles, she immediately came

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well she still doesn't have a set name but I am really leaning twords Dakota.
My 16 yr old won't be happy but oh well. hahaa!!!!!!!!!!

but we did find out that we are getting her on SUN afternoon/evening!!!!!!! not sure on time yet or where we have to drive to meet her but I am soooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!! I was really hoping it was SAT so we would have 2 days of the long weekend with her but at least my hubby and oldest will have 1 day that they are off with her before they go back to work and school.

jesi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh she is adorable! I love the name Dakota too its so pretty. How exciting for you!!! I cant wait to hear all about it!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a sweetie! Dakota is good, but the first name that came to mind when I saw her pic was Mandi. But, my dogs and cats come at whatever additional names we have given to them (most of which I can't post on here!) Ok, for instance, Snickers knows she is "big girl", Skuttles knows she is "good girl", Brooke answers to "pretty girl" and Buttercup knows she's "b*tch".
So, more than one name won't confuse her too much.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we got her VERY early Sun morning (by the time we got her and drove back "home", we camp every weekend so were camping) it was 5:30am!!!! YIKES. but she did GREAT on Sun and all day today........ but then the ride home from the campground, well right when we got home, she threw up.
not sure why, either change of food or the peice of hamburger my brother in law snuck her!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRr (and he has 3 dogs so should KNOW better!). But she is doing GREAT!!!!!!!! my other dog is more at the indifferent stage but we haven't let them run free together quite yet even though she has been fine with her. my cats don't seem to thrilled yet besides one that didn't care. And my kids are soooooooo happy!

She is doing well with the crate for nap time and even barks when she has to go potty! WOHOOOO. not quite sleeping all night yet or didn't Sun night....... will see how she does tonight. even though she didn't eat or drink for a while before bed and pee'd before bed she still got up twice to pee Sun night/mon a.m......... But she doesn't give you much time so by the time I figured out she had to go potty and stood up she had already pee'd in her crate.
but those were the only accidents after we figured out what bark was what. heheee.

There are pictures up on the picture threat of this section...... Oh and her name is Dakota.