Grrrr

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I so need to vent to those that understand.

I am having issues with the vet I have used for over 20 years now. They were recently bought out by a corp last year. Since then they "don't have" any old charts which were all on paper and now they are using a software instead. (welcome to 2008). Back in around Thanksgiving/Christmas Connor went in for the works and intensive dental work. We didn't expect them to have a chart for him since it was 8 years since he was there. Shortly after we had to rush Spunky over thinking he had a blockage(he didn't). They didn't have his chart and it was just 3 years since he last visit. This poor boy had a HUGE file b/c when he had his dental done he got a severe infection that lasted 6 months. The infection had the vet stumped and they had consulted the Vet school for assistance. Spunky wasn't there for his teeth so it didn't click on why it was so important that they "lost" his file.

Lucky went for a check-up two weeks ago. Again no record for him even under 3 different names. This poor kitty had P/U surgery done b/c of 4-5 blockages in one month and had yet another huge file. This was frustrating b/c they didn't know which rabies vaccine he had last. I wanted him to have the 3-year but there was this big long discussion about how known of us knew which vaccine he had last, was it 1 year or 3 years. He came home with antibiotics for the cleaning today. Thirty minutes after taking the pill he was sick. I looked at the meds and saw the script was for double the amount Connor had in December(yes bad mom's we had some left over but didn't use it). I called the vet and they wouldn't let me explain that I think it was the dosage not the type of meds. So they said stop the pills and they will give him another type afterwards(never mind that I just paid for 7 days of pills I can't use.)

Molly had a severe asthma attack last week and spent 3 days in the ER. They asked for a medical history on when she was diagnosed etc. Well my vet "lost" her record so we don't have her first X-ray to compare changes. I was concerned about a procedure they wanted to do and I called my vet for advice. Since they "lost" her chart they couldn't discuss the matter with me until THEY SEE HER. OMG I was fuming. I told them I was going to look for another vet and they said "Ok..bye". WTH Most people want to keep their clients esp expensive ones like us.

Today I drop Lucky off for his dental and it didn't click until I left that they had his old chart that they "lost". The lady was asking about his blood work etc... I mentioned how he got sick from the antibiotics and before I could finish their "helper" yelled across the room "I thought you were told to stop giving him the pills and we will give him something else today". I promptly responded to the nice lady that yes that is correct and I did stop the pills.

I am done. They have the old charts but refuse to pull them for me. In Molly's case it's very important to review her old chart. Now my kitty is in their care and all I get is attitude. I swear I am one of those clients that once they hear our name all we will get is attitude. I can deal with attitude if I gave it first....no biggie I can fight fire with fire. But to have this Non-medical person yell out at me just really set me on fire.

Now I have to figure out how to transfer Molly's files from the ER visit to a new vet. The ER vet already sent them to the old one. I just see another battle on my hands.

Words can't not express how darn angry I am right now.

It just makes me sick to think they have my baby. I know they aren't the type to mistreat him in anyway.

It just hurts when you trust a doctor for 20 years and when you need them for an emergency you find out you can no longer trust them.

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I understand your frusteration but it sounds more like a problem with the staff and not the doctor him/herself. I think you should mention something to the doctor and see if he will talk to his staff. My dad's a doctor and I know when ever the patience complain to him about his staff he always talks with his staff to at least see what the situation was where the complaint arose. Hope you feel better once you get your kitty back.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stinks, it is SO important to trust your Vet, after all they take care of our babies. The only solution to this is starting fresh with a new Vet. Best of Luck Michele and some Vibes for Lucky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

I understand your frusteration but it sounds more like a problem with the staff and not the doctor him/herself. I think you should mention something to the doctor and see if he will talk to his staff. My dad's a doctor and I know when ever the patience complain to him about his staff he always talks with his staff to at least see what the situation was where the complaint arose. Hope you feel better once you get your kitty back.
That's another issue too. Since they "lost" Molly's file they wouldn't discuss her condition. The head Vet refused to get on the phone with me.

Originally Posted by Bella713

That stinks, it is SO important to trust your Vet, after all they take care of our babies. The only solution to this is starting fresh with a new Vet. Best of Luck Michele and some Vibes for Lucky
Thanks Helen!
I already made an appt for Molly with a new vet tomorrow. I just told them that I needed an appt sooner than what my vet can offer. I am hoping we can switch to this new one. It's the 2nd most recommended in the area. My 3rd option isn't the best but available if needed.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats why I do not use Corp Vets. They only care about money and not the Pets. When I moved here I got all my Cats Files and gave them to the new Vet with no problem. It list everything they ever had done there and goes back to 2000. I have copies of the Er visits too. I am glad you are changing Vets. My Vet owns his own place but we hardly see him anymore. We go to the other two Vets there alot. I hope the new Vet is good.