Birth Announcement

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Granddaughter, Olivia, 3, has a cat that she got when she was 1.5 years old, they are growing up together, and this cat, Toodles, adores her. She has always been very gentle and sweet with Toodles. My stupid, troublemaking sister let her get out.
Anyway, Toodles gave birth to 5 healthy kittens on Sunday. She had them in a basket by Olivia's bed. Olivia sits with her and tells her what pretty babies she has, and pets her head like she always has. We were a little concerned about her being around the kittens, but Toodles lets her pet their little heads with her finger. Olivia doesn't touch them much, and has informed everyone else in the house that they are not to touch or try to pick up the tiny baby kittens, because Toodles says they are too small. My daughter says Olivia takes her toys in her room to play so she can help Toodles watch her kittens while she eats or goes potty. It amazes me that Toodles trusts such a small child to be alone with her kittens. She will take her blankie and pillow and nap beside the kitten basket, and if Toodles wants a break from the kittens, she will cuddle with Olivia like she has since they brought her home. They are going to try to get the webcam in there so I can see it. I hope they can do it, I am dying to have Olivia show me the kittens.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Olivia sits with her and tells her what pretty babies she has, and pets her head like she always has. We were a little concerned about her being around the kittens, but Toodles lets her pet their little heads with her finger. Olivia doesn't touch them much, and has informed everyone else in the house that they are not to touch or try to pick up the tiny baby kittens, because Toodles says they are too small.
That sounds totally cute! What a smart little girl!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a very intelligent and intuitive child. "Toodles" told her? That is sooo cute! But it does sound as though she has a really, really strong connection with the cat.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow, that is truly beautiful.

Tell your Sis your cat friends wants pics

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Olivia and Toodles have "talked" since she picked Olivia to be her person. It was surprising to see a kitten want to go home with a toddler. One of the first times she said Toodles told her something, it was that her bottom must be held when you hold her because it hurts her to be held just around her tummy. She rides in the doll pram, and will hiss at anyone she does not know that comes near Olivia. They have an amazing bond. They have kind of a crappy computer, but will try to send pics.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

. One of the first times she said Toodles told her something, it was that her bottom must be held when you hold her because it hurts her to be held just around her tummy.
That is amazing. They have a beautiful bond, Olivia will cherish that forever.
I love the name Toodles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a very intuitive little girl, it seems to get stronger with each generation. Some kind of thing, intuition, esp, or just very strong bonds seem to run in most of the females of our family. She is the first that seems to actually be able to communicate with her cat, though. I think it is wonderful. Olivia named her, we don't where the name came from. Olivia says she told her that Toodles was her name. Apparently she introduced herself when she climbed in Olivia's lap and refused to be budged until they started to go home, and allowed herself to be placed in the carrier so she could go. I think it is very cute, but kinda strange for a child so young. If it weren't so cute and innocent, it would creep me out a bit.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have found that kids are very intuitive. My daughter was like that too, and it creeped me out quite a bit. Kids just know things and see things that we don't seem to notice. I think it's their open minds as well as their imaginations that lead us to believe they have a sixth sense. I do listen to what my daughter has to say, but she's 10 now and isn't as innocent as she was at 3. She does creep me out with her dreams she tells me about.

I bet she'll be a mini cat-whisperer in no time