We've Decided To Keep ALL The Babies!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not as if we really need ten cats, but as it turns out, one of the babies has a "bad" leg, and we figure no one will want to adopt her. So we might as well keep them all: two more really isn't gonna make that much of a difference.

I was gonna name the two black babies Ebony & Onyx if we did decide to keep them, but my s/o came up with the name of Cassidy for the lame baby -- as in, "Hop-A-Long Cassidy". And I like the name anyway, b/c I've always liked David Cassidy. Even though Cassidy has a bad leg, she's not having any problems getting around, and she's not in any pain - thank the Lord!
At first I thought she was just slower than than the others, but after a few days I noticed her leg collapsing in on her -- poor baby.
But in spite of the bad leg, she isn't having any problems with it, and runs & plays just as well as the others do.

The other black baby I named Jinx -- just b/c she's black, and most peeps think black cats are "jinxed" -- which any cat lover will tell you is just plain ridiculous!
So I named her that just to be a smart-aleck!

So now we are the proud "parents" of ten: Maverick, Geronimo, Winchester, Spencer, Gabriel, Salem, Ricochet, Chiquita, Cassidy, & Jinx.

I'll bet no one will want to make me a new siggy, when we get the computer fixed and I'm able to upload pics again!

~KK~

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you had the leg looked at by a vet? There may be something that he could do for it at this stage that will make it heal properly.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sweet of you to keep all those cute kittens!
Can't wait to hear more about them!!

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
10 cats? Woo! If you can afford it, and have the room for it... YOU GO!

I want 4 cats. I have 2 adults. I should keep 2 of Zelda's babies.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

It's not as if we really need ten cats, but as it turns out, one of the babies has a "bad" leg, and we figure no one will want to adopt her. So we might as well keep them all: two more really isn't gonna make that much of a difference.
One has a bad leg so you might as well keep all three!

How long did it take you to come up with this justification??

Congrats! I'm jealous. I could never handle that many!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

One has a bad leg so you might as well keep all three!
What I meant by that was, we were already planning on keeping 2 of the 4 babies, but when we discovered Cassidy's bad leg, we figured we might as well keep them all. Am I making any sense?

How long did it take you to come up with this justification??
Not long..

Congrats! I'm jealous. I could never handle that many!
I figure it's a bit much too, and I never thought I'd see the day where I'd have that many cats, either!
But we have plenty of room for them all, and more than enough love in our hearts!
Anyone could handle it if they wanted to badly enough..

~KK~

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good for you for keeping the kitties for yourself. I do find that I look like a cat freak in others' eyes, but who cares! Nobody is going to tell you you're wrong for having a good heart and wanting to save these kittens and give them a loving home. I would have 10, but hubby would shoot me LOL. We have 5 now, but I'm sure I'll be keeping a baby from my devon pair, but Bonners isn't preggo yet..only going on 11 months...but we'll see

Congrats on the family