Suspected bullying

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a mainly black cat down our road who I suspect is bullying Beauty. I've seen it try to stare Beauty down (which means Beauty turns tail and slinks off)

I've not noticed any changes in Beauty's behaviour indoors or in the back garden (Beauty doesn't go on to the other cats territory) it's only on Beauty's territory (the front garden) that the other cat stares at her, but it's causing Beauty to be rather nervous about going round to the front.

Any tips on how to keep the other cat away from Beauty when she's round the front? Although Beauty can still go round the back I don't want anything to happen round the front.

Another think I've noticed is Beauty walks around with the tip of her tail bent. There's nothing wrong with her tail (the vet would have picked up on it) but I'm just wondering why she seems to like her tail bent over?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
found this online about cat tail positions: [font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]If the tail is curved gently downward, then curved up again at the tip:[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]The cat isrelaxed and comfortable.
[/size][/font]if you go to the site, there are
!
here's another, too...
a cat's tail tells all

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

found this online about cat tail positions: [font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]If the tail is curved gently downward, then curved up again at the tip:[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]The cat isrelaxed and comfortable.
[/size][/font]if you go to the site, there are
!
here's another, too...
a cat's tail tells all

That answers the question about her tail!

It means she's feeling interested and friendly.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's probably in love, and she is playing hard to get! heck don't ask me ,
I just posted about the same thing, I thought i knew cats and behavior, but
come to find out ..I don't!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I knew what was up? If she doesn't want to go upfront don't worry about it! now if he comes to the back she will let you know if something isn't right! good luck and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule

Another think I've noticed is Beauty walks around with the tip of her tail bent.
Whenever I walk towards their can of treats asking them if they want some, ALL their tails are up with the tips bent. Maybe it means they are feeling eager about something.

Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule

Any tips on how to keep the other cat away from Beauty when she's round the front?
You can shoo him away by clapping and saying GO HOME. Hopefully, Beauty will take your cue and will have the courage to do it herself with other potential visitors.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

He's probably in love, and she is playing hard to get! heck don't ask me ,
Only thing is the other cat's female.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Whenever I walk towards their can of treats asking them if they want some, ALL their tails are up with the tips bent. Maybe it means they are feeling eager about something.

You can shoo him away by clapping and saying GO HOME. Hopefully, Beauty will take your cue and will have the courage to do it herself with other potential visitors.
We try shooing the other cat away - she runs off but she keeps coming back.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've not seen the black cat today, but there again Beauty hasn't been round the front (not that I've seen anyway)