Our 11 year old cat swallowed a large amount of wood off of a basket this past weekend. Yesterday his xrays showed a lung full of pneumonia and lots of gas in his stomach and bowels. The vet is unsure if there are any perforations in the stomach, bowels, or diaphragm. The vet states that if the xray doesn't look better today that he will have to have surgery. Please pray for our kitty. Also, has anyone ever heard of a cat eating wood (very sharp) and surviving? We are just sick about this and hope he will be okay. Thanks for your prayers.
post #1 of 14
5/13/08 at 3:56am