Worst time ever

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH, his buddy, and I went fishing to day and I had a crappy time. It started out OK. I had gotten a fish on but was talking to my mom on the phone, didn't set the hook and it got off. Then DH starts in, use this bait, use that bait, fish this way. Then we moved to a different spot and I got snag after snag. Ended up breaking off all my good tackle.
. So I went back down to where I was and I casted out and I ran out of string and my line wouldn't reel back in. Then DH let me use one of his poles but the reel is open face and crummy at that. So after a couple of minutes somehow I got the string all tangled up on the reel. After that I gave up. DH was mad because I kept complaining and getting ticked off. I was irritated with him because I was doing fine all by myself and things didn't get screwed up until I listened to him. I think that's the most horrible time I've ever had fishing.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if God wanted me to go fishing, he would not have allowed grocery stores and video games..

hehe sorry not a fishing fan. sorry you had a bad day.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Aw, I'm sorry you had a bad day... I HATE when a fishing day turns out super frustrating! I go fishing with my dad a lot (I'm an only child, so I do all the daughter and son stuff with him, tee hee Daddy's little princess
) and there are some days that you just can't win! He gets frustrated surf fishing in North Carolina with me because for whatever reason, I always get the big catch that turns into dinner and he's got like a 4 inch flounder wiggling around haha.... but don't worry, I've lost so much tackle over the years that I don't care to think about it haha I can't wait to start out going fishing again!

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, sorry you had such a horrible time!! It's frustrating when it feels like everything is going wrong all at once. Believe me, I understand! But try to cheer up!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I feel your pain. That is my every time fishing.

I say that's why they call it fishing. If it were ever successful, they'd call it "catching".

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I say that's why they call it fishing. If it were ever successful, they'd call it "catching".
isn't that the truth??

I used to go fishing with my dad, my sister and I even went to this really remote place in Canada a few years ago on a fishing vacation. My dad warned us not to get the hook caught in ourselves (my sister and i are both novices) and what did my dad do right off the bat?? got the hook caught in his hand
after my sister and I got over the fear and he got the hook out I blurted out "if that would have been one of us you would have yelled at us!!"

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love fishing! Sorry you had such a crappy time... reminds me of the first time I went disk golfing. I was having fun until the guy I was with felt the need to "coach" me. I was having fun but he made it all serious and took all the fun out of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH went again today but wouldn't take me because of my complaining. I told him I'd be good. For some reason he didn't believe me.
He said this weekend he's going to buy me a new rod and reel and a bunch of new tackle.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

DH went again today but wouldn't take me because of my complaining. I told him I'd be good. For some reason he didn't believe me.
He said this weekend he's going to buy me a new rod and reel and a bunch of new tackle.
At least he's making up for being a butthead.
If you ever want some girlie fishing company I'm game. Wait... girlie isn't what I meant... I bait my own hook afterall... and I'm the only one in my family that seems to clean what we keep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

At least he's making up for being a butthead.
If you ever want some girlie fishing company I'm game. Wait... girlie isn't what I meant... I bait my own hook afterall... and I'm the only one in my family that seems to clean what we keep.
Yeah, I bait my own hook and all that good stuff. The only fish I will not take off my hook is a sucker fish. I just can't bring myself to touch those ugly things.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's why they call it "fishing" and not "catching."

Really, that's nowhere near a horrible day. No one got hurt, everyone came back home from the trip, and you came home with no less fish than you left with.

Shame that you didn't catch any fish though, (I remember you saying money has been tight,) you could've had them for dinner and saved some grocery money for gas!