Cat Burglar

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Literally!

We have two fosters right now, one whose kittens turned 8 weeks today, and one whose kits are 3 weeks.

My husband and I were winding down on the couch tonight watching a movie when all of a sudden we heard a crash in the basement.

When he went down there we found a cat - presumably male. He busted through our basement window - glass and all!

Thankfully he didnt cut himself or appear hurt and thankfully that we were home while this happened and none of our cats or the fosters got out. Although they dont have access to the basement unless we are down there... but still.

Unbelievable!!!

I've heard of big dogs breaking out before because they could smell a female in heat, but never a cat!

Anyway... I imagine it's Twix (foster #1) in heat, must be a silent heat because she isnt showing signs. Looking forward to her spay-day and the day she is officially ours, but not looking forward to the kiddies finding new homes :sniff: :sniff:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our visitor was back tonight... he didnt break in this time, but he was at our back door meowing. I dont know who this guy belongs too, I've never seen him around here before. He's all black with white mittens.

We had to try and shoe him away before letting Chewbacca out tonight.

It's very weird since neither one of the fosters appears to be in heat yet... but all the same.

Maybe I should've fashioned a bill to his collar to take home to his owner for the broken window

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Maybe I should've fashioned a bill to his collar to take home to his owner for the broken window
Good idea!
I am not surprised. I've had my share of tenacious break-ins. But these poor cats were very hungry, desperate and homeless.
Because of my crew, they immediately ran away and never came back again. Cats can be very heartless.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is strange. So when throwing himself through glass proved a failure I guess he thought he should formally introduce himself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would've never in a million year imagined a cat could break through a window! Granted it was an old window, but still...

Persistent little bugger! He didnt come to visit last night. Perhaps Chewbacca finally scared him away.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe he's trying to move in! (I thought this was going to be a thread about the cats taking each others' kittens!)