Calling all UK members!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need some help re-homing a cat

Some background. I used to clean for my landlords MIL who lived in a cottage on his property. Sadly a few months ago she had to go into a home as she needed nursing care and couldn`t take her cat with her

She had had the cat since he was a kitten and he is now 13-14 years old.

Anyway, the only person who wanted him was not really suitable ( Someone who lives in the flat next door actually! ) but the landlord seemed to think if he didn`t go to him he would have to be PTS and said all the shelters they rang were full

Soooo, as I already knew this cat and the guy he gave him to I kept an eye on things along with the manager and it`s become apparent that he isn`t being looked after properly and today the gentleman was admitted to hospital for who knows how long.

The landlord agrees that this can`t continue so I need to find him a new home and pretty soon.

There is a possibility that anouther member here knows of a home for him but I need to explore all possabilities and have some kind of back up plan. It breaks my heart to see where that cat has come from and where he is now

So, what I`m asking is if any uk members know of anyone who is looking to home an older cat. He would need to be indoor only as where he lived before was some way from any road so he will have no road sense.

He needs to be an only cat too which makes things more difficult, I know, and he is just looking for a nice quiet home to spend the rest of his days in.

Any help or ideas would be gratefully recieved
I really don`t want to see him go to a shelter and they all have long waiting lists plus kitten season...

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry I am of no help, its sad he has been with this lady all his life and now needs a new home, I hope he finds a special home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tallulah

Sorry I am of no help, its sad he has been with this lady all his life and now needs a new home, I hope he finds a special home.
I hope so too. He must be so cofused.

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I would take the poor old soul, but Jack being young and hyper wouldn't make him comfortable

Have you tried your local cats protection?
I`m just waiting to hear from the member who was interested. Trying to keep him from ending up in a shelter and when I spoke to them before when Maisie was first here, I asked if I could keep her until they found her a home and they said no, I`d have to surrender her or they couldn`t help.
Well, the manager has just been down to get a spare litter tray. They are moving him up to anouther residents room as the man is still in hospital and his flat mate isn`t doing anything for the cat

At least he wont be choking on cigerette smoke. I just hope she doesn`t leave her door open and he escapes. I said I`d have him in my bathroom or round in the office but I had sooooo much trouble with Kitty when Maisie came and they still don`t like each other.

Anyway, here he is. Not a good picture but I took it when he was still with his mum and like I was told, I was being paid to clean NOT play with the cat!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, just thought i would post here to keep this thread bumped.

i have just put a plea up on the college intranet where i work. we have alot of staff here so fingers crossed someone will come forward.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd take him if I could but Beauty would probably get too stressed, due to the fact she was an only cat (and still is) which would only upset him. Plus Beauty's an indoor/outdoor cat so it wouldn't really work.

New home coming.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aaghhh we have 6 lol it woudnt be fair with beu hed never be fast enough too get out of his grips...
and i dont think this cutie swings that way

good luck