We Are Approved!!!!!!!

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah found out this morning that we are fully approved for our new puppy!!!!! I am soooooooooo excited. they are trying to find someone to spay her ASAP so she can be on her way home to us.
Their local humane society normally does them on Tue but aren't doing them this week.
and the vets around them won't do them this young. so they are trying to find another option for this week but if not then she will be done next Tue and we will have her that weekend (so by the 25th, but I am hoping more for the 24th so my hubby will also be home for 2 days with her at first and my oldest daughter since it is a long weekend). Hopefully will hear today if he found anyone that can do it this week.

And find out which one we are getting. heehee. it is in a shelter that is a LONG way away from us and they have volunteer transport to bring her to us. it is a cute litter of black and white beagle mixes. I did request one with more white but he hasn't really said if she is available and if that was the one he was working on. hmmmmmmm LOL but they were all adorable.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you fell in love with Juno; the mix that bnwalker has - looking forward to pics - is this a male or female pup?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it is a female and yes I did fall in love with Juno. heheee.

here is a link to petfinder where I found them.......

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=10771398

I requested the mostly white one in the front but not sure if I am getting her but they are all too cute.
but our last dog was black with a small white spot on his chest and we have a rottie so she is mostly black of course...... LOL so wanted something a bit different. haahaa.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!!! It's always exciting to hear you are approved to adopt a pet!
I know you will love the puppy! They are VERY cute!

Will they do a contract that you will have the dog spayed? That seems like a better option than spaying them too early.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you talking about the one that kinda is marked like a dutch rabbit? The one with a lot of white around the shoulders?

Be interesting to see which parent they take after - coon hound or beagle or something inbetween those sizes

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
not the one in the back that has the black stripe around her but the one in the front with the black ears and eyes and white line down her face and then the black "spots" on her sides and the base of her tail.
yeah will be interesting. either way they will end up a fairly "small" dog compared to what we have/had which is what we wanted now for our house size and for the younger kids.
my Rottie is about 90lbs now but has to loose a couple pounds and our dog that passed away 2 weeks ago was 100-106 since he had lost weight when he was sick near the end. So I will take a nice "small" 30-45lb dog or so. hehee.

it won't be too young to spay them just like kittens. she will be about 8-9 weeks old (I think not sure when the add was placed but around a week ago since that is when I saw it) but alot of vets won't do pediactric spay.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the one you are talking about is the same one in the 2nd picture - has a lot of white across the shoulders. All of them are cute, but I think I'd go for the ones with more white on them too

Post pictures when she gets to your home

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah hard to tell..... LOL the one in the 2nd picture may be the one in the back. they told me that all were black and white and ONE had more white than black. but in the first picture it looks like 2 do....... but then I was thinking one may have been adopted already...... heheee so that is why I am not sure. hopefully I will hear from him tomorrow or I may be a pain and e-mail again to be sure of their age now and find out for sure which girl is mine. heeheee.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok here is our girl.

she is about 9 weeks old and they all weigh around 7- 7 1/2lbs. and we will have her sometime next weekend!!!!!!!

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
BN---- do you know about how much your puppy weighs right now? trying to get an idea on what her size is going to be. hahaa. I know it is hard to tell at this age but figured it may give me an idea since yours is a beagle mix too or pure beagle but either way small. heheee.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mountaindew

BN---- do you know about how much your puppy weighs right now? trying to get an idea on what her size is going to be. hahaa. I know it is hard to tell at this age but figured it may give me an idea since yours is a beagle mix too or pure beagle but either way small. heheee.
I just weighed Juno and she is 5 pounds 9.6 ounces. She turned 11 weeks old on Sunday. Scooter, my other Beagle mix, was 5 pounds at 8 weeks old and is now 40 pounds at a year old.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok so sounds like maybe about 50lbs or so????? not bad.
but all puppies are different. hehee

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the ad says its beagle/coon hound mix puppies. IMO the little one she is getting may tend towards the coon hound rather then the beagle. The ears/head remind me more of a coonhound

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My dog Lucy was 5 pounds at 8 weeks and is now 31 pounds at 2 years.