A sad yet happy day...

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sophie's kittens are now 9 weeks old and today the last two Amelia and Harley are going to their new home. It is a nice couple with 2 kids 11 and 8 and they are all so exited to get their new kittens. They lost their 18 year old cat 2 weeks ago and are ready to welcome their home to two new kittens.
I'm leaving in a few minutes to go meet the family to give them the kittens. It is a really sad moment because I will miss them a lot! I didn't realize how attached I would become. Here they are in the crate ready to leave.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
(((((((((HUGS))))))))) I can only imagine how sad it will be for you but can also see how HAPPY this family will be! our dog passed away 2 weeks ago today and we are waiting to get a new puppy (should have her by the 25th) and we can't wait! so I know these kitties will be so loved and spoiled by their new owners.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you are feeling. I raised enough rex litters
Its always sad when they leave (and I kept mine for 4 months) but knowing they will be loved and spoiled helps ease the sadness.

Hopefully the people will be willing to keep in touch with you with a few pictures of them growing up

mama of bronte

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
awww... gosh i am so glad they found a good home together! everything has gone so much smoother with the 2 kittens helping eachother out
Just know you did an awesome job raising them

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
awww... Im sorry
They look so cute. *hugs8, Im sure they will LOVE their new home! - When ever I give away kittens ( used to rescue them a lot ) I told them that if they wanted to give them back, they could. Some times they get them home and it does not work out, so I like to leave my home as the option!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! In person this was a very nice lady! Harley hissed at her when he was first pulled out of the carrier. I guess he was scared of the car ride and strange person mixed together. I have no doubt though that he will warm up once she gets them home. I'm glad they were kept together. I'm going to do the same with my other litter that there are 5 of and adopt them in pairs then i'm keeping one.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was lucky with Ling's brothers and sisters. Wound up that one family took the 2 boys (took one, then called a few days later cause he was crying for his brother - so they came back to get him).

The two sisters went to one family cause they couldn't make up their minds on picking one, so took both of them

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mountaindew

(((((((((HUGS))))))))) I can only imagine how sad it will be for you but can also see how HAPPY this family will be! our dog passed away 2 weeks ago today and we are waiting to get a new puppy (should have her by the 25th) and we can't wait! so I know these kitties will be so loved and spoiled by their new owners.
It is hard giving up Kittens. I have always wondered about Cocos Girl. My Sister gt her Son so I still get to see him. The one I kept died at age 5 last Dec.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, they're so cute! I'm glad they found a nice home though. I know I'm going to be sad when our kittens, who are only about two weeks old, are older and ready to leave.

eboneysmomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats the part I am dreading the most.. Makes me sad already, and my cat hasn't even had her kittens yet, I will just try and find the best homes possible and know that they make their family as happy as they are going to make mine.. HUGS... Sounds like you found a amazing home for those two beauties,.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Must be a bit like sending kids off to college. Now, if a good 'college' would take little Christy...