OH area meet-up... where?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, to keep things moving in the right direction if your interested in an Ohio area meet-up (open to anyone willing to make the drive!) please vote for the city of your choice. Next up will be a poll for the When? part of it.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just one question- for awhile Dayton was the frontrunner, but now it's not included on the poll and Cinci is... did I miss something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I missed something but I only saw Dayton suggested once so I didn't include it... plus, it's right in between Cincinnati & Columbus. Personally, anything along that diagonal is about the same drive for me so if you REALLY want dayton make it a write in... that;s why I included "Other" as an option.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Maybe I missed something but I only saw Dayton suggested once so I didn't include it... plus, it's right in between Cincinnati & Columbus. Personally, anything along that diagonal is about the same drive for me so if you REALLY want dayton make it a write in... that;s why I included "Other" as an option.
No, I don't want it, I live in Columbus and don't have a car. I just asked because I thought maybe I had missed something in the other thread where people suggested Cinci and decided Dayton was out. Just wanted to make sure the options in the poll accurately reflect what's going on in the other thread.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had suggested Dayton because if people want to come down from Michigan it would be a little easier to make then Columbus, not to mention it's closer to Indy where it seemed like a good chunk of people wanting to come were from
I don't know if I can make it if it's in Cincy cause that's a pretty good drive for me and I don't have the option of staying over a night- Columbus would work for me personally, but that is a bit far for Indy folks.

If it's in Dayton, I'll be willing to swing thru and pick you up Julie, C-bus is right down 71 for me and then straight over to Dayton from there.

I'll stick with Dayton for now, but whatever everybody else wants is fine with me!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Indiana, but part of the Greater Cincinnati area. Cinci would be most convenient for me, but Dayton would be ok too.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not even sure how far Dayton is but I would be more than willing.

Katie, maybe we could carpool?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are all about the same drive time for me so it really doesn't matter. DH kinda wanted to go to Dayton because he figures there will be more for him to do while I'm with you guys. I don't know.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cinci would be cool(they riverwalk area is nice), But kinda far for those in the north.

SO Dayton would be the best bet i would think

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Across the river at Newport on the Levee would be better than anywhere in Cincinnati. There are numerous stores and restaurants there as well as the aquarium. Cincinnati has been dragging its heels on developing the riverfront. Instead of putting stores, bars and restaurants down by the ball parks someone wants to put in low income housing. Nothing against those who need areas of low income housing to live in but to me that doesn't seem like a viable way to revitalize the riverfront and downtown, much less bring in a steady stream of revenue for the city.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I voted Cleveland as my first choice. But I can possibly make the drive to Columbus if I am able to go, I work a lot... so I don't know.

My sister lives in Cinci so I could probably crash with her for a night if it is there. But again, it all depends on work and gas and stuff.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have those of you wanting to meet in Dayton voted Other on the poll? I'm counting 5 that would prefer Dayton... looks like it's about an hour from both Columbus & Cinci.

Is anyone dead set against Dayton? If not I think we can stick with it and work on a date.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd love for you guys to see Cincinnati and there is a lot to do here, but Bryan has a point about Newport. It definitely beats our downtown. Either Dayton or Columbus would be fine with me - neither is too far a drive. Cleveland would actually work too since I have a cousin there and could spend the night.

(If we do end up meeting in Cincy, I have a comfy couch and a spare bedroom. You'd all be welcome to meet my crew too, except the only one you'd actually see without looking under the bed would be Gracie and she'd probably hiss and/or snort at you.)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for Cleveland. Now if it's up here and anyone needs a place to crash our apartment has a nice comfy couch that can sleep one. (If you are under five feet four inches)

Let me know. Remember I make cookies.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I voted for Cleveland. Now if it's up here and anyone needs a place to crash our apartment has a nice comfy couch that can sleep one. (If you are under five feet four inches)

Let me know. Remember I make cookies.
Heck, even if we don't end up in Cleveland DH and I might have to stop by on our "tour"... if for nothing else than cookies.
Of course, I'd love to meet you and your 4 boys too.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
of course Cleveland would be most convenient for me, but I was thiking of all the other folks who wanted to come and I think Cleveland is too far for most

Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

I'm not even sure how far Dayton is but I would be more than willing.

Katie, maybe we could carpool?
We could definitely car pool! I think Dayton is anywhere from 3 to 4 hours

Originally Posted by theimp98

Cinci would be cool(they riverwalk area is nice), But kinda far for those in the north.

SO Dayton would be the best bet i would think
you wanna ride down with Courtney and I, Bruce???

Originally Posted by Jen

Well I voted Cleveland as my first choice. But I can possibly make the drive to Columbus if I am able to go, I work a lot... so I don't know.

My sister lives in Cinci so I could probably crash with her for a night if it is there. But again, it all depends on work and gas and stuff.
if you want we can carpool, Jen, that way we'd be splitting the gas and it wouldn't be so bad... I wonder if my grandpa would let me borrow his mini-van

Does anyone have any suggestions for a date? i think right around Meaghan's vaca would be perfect, late Junish

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, looks like Dayton is the winner! Yeah for write in's...

Obviously my vacation time works for me... but I'm pretty much up for any weekend. Perhaps we should close the other thread so as not to create confusion? (coughs... Katie... coughs)

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For us here in SE Michigan, it goes as follows from closest to farthest:
Cleveland - approx 3 hrs DT
Columbus - appx 4hrs DT
Dayton - appx 4 hrs DT
Cinci - approx 4.5 to 5 hrs DT

(without factoring in stops)

Do we have any TCS members in Dayton?

Did anyone consider Toledo?