Look what I found...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was up at a remote rifle range today doing the stats for the rifle match. I brought home a little something I sure didn't expect to find! She's just a foster, we really can't have more (no matter how cute). She's a total love bug - loves laps and shoulders and being held. I have no idea where she came from...this isn't anywhere near civilization or even homes. It's in the middle of a National Forest (the club leases the land from the Forest Service, as the range has been there for over 80 years). She would have been a light snack for something if I had left her...she's very young, very skinny, and very, very scared.
I had already made a vet appt. for another "stray" (owned, but neglected) for this week, but she's getting the appointment to be spayed and whatever else needs to be done.

Poor little girl...

Hey! What's that thing?

Excuse the messy floor
She's in the bathroom right now. But this shows her colors and ticking.

I'm sure she'll be highly adoptable...she is so pretty and so lovey.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Was she hard to capture? In other words, was she somebody's pet at one time?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sigh ... someone either dumped her or somehow she got away from people who were up there and got lost. You are her angel coming to her rescue!!

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, she is beautiful! What a sweet face. You are a dear for taking her in.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You found her, or she found you? Either way, that is one lucky kitty....I can only imagine what her fate would've been otherwise.

Sending healthy her way. What is this doing to the resident kitty dynamics?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's such a little beauty, Heidi, and very lucky she ended up in your care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Was she hard to capture? In other words, was she somebody's pet at one time?
She was someone's at some time. When I first saw her, she was in the "stat house" (one room building), and she was scared of me coming in, but curious too. Once I sat down and talked softly to her, she came up on the picnic table where I was sitting (facing away from the table) and over top of my shoulder and into my arms.

But...she's also very scared of feet, was absolutely petrified when we tried to put her in a box (temporary carrier - she ended up out in the car while I drove home), and initially freaked at being carried into a car.

Originally Posted by white cat lover

You found her, or she found you? Either way, that is one lucky kitty....I can only imagine what her fate would've been otherwise.

Sending healthy her way. What is this doing to the resident kitty dynamics?
All I know is that I've never, ever seen a cat up there before, and can only imagine how she got there. I don't even want to think about her fate if she hadn't come into the stat house.

As for the resident kitty dynamics...Mojo wants to go play, Ginger is curious, Trent is cautious but not scared, and Ophelia gave us a look that said "Seriously? You brought another one home didn't you?"

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Heidi this kitty is so lucky she found you

You are going to have our very own rescue center soon.
@ Ophelia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

So.....whatchya calling her?
Annie, because it was the Anniversary Match where we found her. It was really a group effort, too, even though I was the one who brought her home. One guy happened to have some cat food in his car. Another one volunteered the box we tried to make into a carrier. One gave up a shirt he had in his car so she would be more comfortable in the box. Everyone was very careful about closing the door to the stat house so she wouldn't escape before we could get her safe. So much for the stereotype of the gun-toting NRA guys, huh?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Oh Heidi, she is lovely and I'm so glad you were able to help her.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi, your such an angel for taking her in
What a doll she is too, hopefully she will be placed in the most loving home

Be sure to keep us all updated on her

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Heidi - it never rains but it pours, hunh?

WHAT a beautiful little girl!
: I'm sure with some TLC she'll be easy to adopt out to a wonderful loving home.

Laurie

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi, I am answering you PM now, but i am amazed at how much she looks like Shiimmer! What a pretty girl

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little sweetie! She is so pretty! I bet she is glad to be away from the noise of the rifle range and elements.