Odd pawing...

rooster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat has just started this.... she goes to her food bowl, then reaches over and paws the "ground" - she will do this at various angles then has something to eat, or somrtimes just walks away !!! Any ideas what she on with ?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This subject has been discussed by many experts, and probably there are as many theories as there are experts. However, some think this goes back to the time when a cat would save part of its meal for later. There are other theories, of course. It is NOT a gastronomical comment on the food you're providing.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

It is NOT a gastronomical comment on the food you're providing.

My theory - they're playing with their food without making a mess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rooster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

This subject has been discussed by many experts, and probably there are as many theories as there are experts. However, some think this goes back to the time when a cat would save part of its meal for later. There are other theories, of course. It is NOT a gastronomical comment on the food you're providing.
MMMmmm, sounds logical.... it IS as if shes burying it ! Didnt spot that...

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Danny and my parents' cat Oliver also do this. Either cat will also attempt to cover any human's food when he wants their attention. As if to say, "Hey you can finish this later. Now let's play!"