Kitty the mouse murderer

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4am Kitty woke me up to show me the LIVE mouse he`d brought in

He was so pleased with himself.

After putting it next to my bed
I woke up enough to think I`m gonna have to catch this before I can go to sleep again, so I get up and Kitty takes it further up the hall and lets it go

I think it was in a gap under a door frame because Kitty was snorting in it but I couldn`t see it and I know from past experience that Kitty doesn`t always notice when they run off somewhere else.

By now Kitty was bored and had gone back out so I decided to wait till the morning and went back to bed only to dream that Kitty had brought in these weird animals that were bigger than him and a few serval type cats too, one of which bit and shredded the back of my leg

Anyhoo, I woke up dreading having to find and catch the mouse but I came in the lounge and he was on the floor dead.

Rest in peace Mr Janggles

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cat sit for a mouser. Every single time I am there he is catching one. Gross. I live in fear of stepping on one one of these days.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
because this sounds like my Butzie.

Butzie is an indoor/outdoor cat because that is how she came from the shelter. I tried to make her an indoor cat but my ears and my legs hurt.

Butzie is a huntress. She has brought us in dead and live mice. Dead stay downstairs. Live she brings in to my bedroom and plays with them. Oy!

She has been liking lizards lately. I posted "everything I know about lizards..." (What's new)

But Butzie has started to like outside birds and I don't like this because I have indoor budgies and feed the outside birds. See "not my loquats..." (CL) for the most recent bird story.

I keep asking her for lizards. She always brings them in live with various lengths of tail off but they grow them back and I can get them live and release them.

OMG, I really love my cat, don't I?

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My parents cat(was mine until I went off to school) is the exact opposite. He will play with mice but doesn't have the smarts to kill it or even try to eat it which is strange because he will usually eat anything. He's pushing 20 pounds now and I lovingly call him bowling ball.

This one time about 10 years ago we had just re carpeted the house so the house was a mess and the dog that we had back then brought in a baby opossum which made a home in the china cabinet. Well my dad thought it was a mouse, and growing up in the country, thought the cat would kill it. So he threw the cat behind the cabinet just to have the cat bolt from behind there and go hide. They did this about 15 times before finally the opossum came out and my dad was able to get it outside again. When my dad came back in the house the cat was sitting by the door looking at him like "I told you so."

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As Kitty's newly appointed legal representation my client would like to press upon the court that Kitty was only doing "what comes naturally". Kitty also requests a short recess for lunch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

As Kitty's newly appointed legal representation my client would like to press upon the court that Kitty was only doing "what comes naturally". Kitty also requests a short recess for lunch.
I can see it now!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

Well my dad thought it was a mouse, and growing up in the country, thought the cat would kill it. So he threw the cat behind the cabinet just to have the cat bolt from behind there and go hide. They did this about 15 times before finally the opossum came out and my dad was able to get it outside again. When my dad came back in the house the cat was sitting by the door looking at him like "I told you so."
I can just imagine the cat's expression!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

And the Court also acknowledges that Kitty's actions were performed in the course of his proscribed duties as "rodent abatement officer" of the local household law enforcement team

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always check Joey's mouth before he walks in the house, there has been some close calls
, that's All I would need is 5 cats running all over the house chasing it, they had a field day with a Moth today

I don't think Kitty can do any wrong, really, look at that face

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my rb cat thomas used to bring mice/birds in almost daily.
and i used to get upset at the high amount of death i was encountering!

my dad wrote me this lovely letter explaining that thomas wanted to express his happiness at living with me and the only way of doing that was to bring me presents.

so there you go, kitty was just telling you he loves you!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was very proud of himself even at that ungodly hour. He brought me a big slice of ham one morning

But as long as he loves me I can live with slices of ham, just no more mices please!

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sympathize--Zekkie caught a mouse last week too. It was just before I was planning to go to bed, so I was up another couple of hours hunting for it. He didn't kill it, and I *think* (hope!) it escaped. My childhood cat was not much of a hunter--his favorite "catch" was a big leaf! It had been windy, and according to my mom, he marched in carrying a big leaf looking very proud of himself. Our other cat was a better huntress--she would catch voles and birds and bring their bodies inside. Ick.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In our house you gotta watch where you step. The dogs have these realistic looking stuffed toys (like chipmunks, bunnies etc in natural colors) that are all over the place. Brady is an indoor/outdoor ex-feral and a good hunter. One day I was sitting at my desk wondering what stunk so bad. Turned out the "stuffed toy" next to it was a REAL dead chipmunk that had been there for a couple of days. Yup, doing what come naturally...

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ick. When I saw the mouse in Zek's mouth, my first thought was, "Gee, that looks like the toy I almost bought him." Then I realized I didn't actually buy the toy--now I don't plan to.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

In our house you gotta watch where you step. The dogs have these realistic looking stuffed toys (like chipmunks, bunnies etc in natural colors) that are all over the place. Brady is an indoor/outdoor ex-feral and a good hunter. One day I was sitting at my desk wondering what stunk so bad. Turned out the "stuffed toy" next to it was a REAL dead chipmunk that had been there for a couple of days. Yup, doing what come naturally...
A chipmunk?!
They are terrible aren`t they?
I think we need to start a support group for people traumatised my their cat`s offerings

When I had a live in job at some stables, I shared a trailer with the yard cat who was fond of catching bunnies
One day when I came back from work I opened the door to find a young rabbit hopping around my lounge but no cat!
Needless to say, that one lived to see anouther day!

Also, why do they bring in mice, play with them for a bit then lose interest and leave us to catch them? They think they`re so funny

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BAH! You know what's worse? A couple of time Brady has brought in a live chipmunk and left it for the dogs to chase around the house. The poor thing hid under the radiator and the dogs practically clawed up the bookcase that was in front of it trying to get at it. One of my dogs is a terrier type that is hard wired to kill varmints-he's just not as good at it as Brady.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness by cats 'big prizes' are insects and spiders. Any spider that comes in this house has a death wish. The three of them play with it and then whoever wants to eat it the others are like,"Oh go ahead I am full from that spiders I ate this morning." They look so pleased with themselves. I think they use this as bonding time.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alive, dead, 1/2 dead, mammal, reptile or bird, Butzie's brought me all. Last night's count - 2 dead mice, 1 which she played with in my room and 1 live tailless lizard.
Chipmunks! That brings back memories of an awesome huntress, my Aunt Lotty's RIP cat PussyGirl (that was her name). She decimated the chipmunk population at their house in the Catskills. All the dog, Tober, wanted to do was to catch one. PussyGirl chased one up on the roof, it went down the drain pipe where Tober was waiting. She heard the chipmunk, barked and the chipmunk ran right in her mouth. Tober closed her mouth so fast if you blinked you wouldn't have seen it. My Mom and I did. That was one happy dog. And one superior kitty whose look said that she did all the real work. A tortoise-shell tabby like my Butzie.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Velvet broke into my pet gerbil's cage when she was a kitten and brutally decapitated the poor darling.
My bedroom looked like a bloody massacare- so i can sympathize
Poor little rodent friend though