I had an idea

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking to myself, Popsie is my first kitty, he's been with me almost 17 years, and we grew up together. Plus I have no human children yet so Popsie is like my baby. In fact I always call him my baby even though he's an old timer. So I thought since he's so special and dear to me why not get a tattoo of his face. What do you guys think? I don't quite know where I'd put it but I wouldn't want a really big one. I'd have to find someone really good who can work from photographs. I asked DH about it and he wasn't to keen on the idea. He says I'll regret it and I said I won't because I'll always want to remember my first cat. DH says, "You talk like Popsie's your child." I said, "He is, DUH." I think DH could be swayed into letting me do it though.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's a really good idea - if you get tattooed, you always want to make sure that the tattoo is something really important to you, because it's going to be permanent.
I have two stylised/cartoon type cats tattooed - one is still to be finished, when I get brave enough because the last part is sitting on ALL of my nerves. The other is on my ankle with my lucky number of pawprints trailing out behind him (13). I would like to get more, but I'm not allowed!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i think that'd be a lovely idea. i have a tat of Pixel above my right ankle. i had originally thought i would do Mouse, but here's what i did: my friend found a line drawing online of a stretch pose. i took that, plus pix of all 5 of the cats [pre-Firefox] with me. the artist said that Pixel's markings would be easiest to mimic & would look the best. since she's a bicolor, & i wanted some COLOR to it, i asked about either flowers or books in addition so i would have more than just black/white. he posed the cat on top of a large hot pink book [my fave colors are royal blue & hot pink], plus he put a lot of highlights in her fur in blue tones.
pic here: tattoo. i really like the result!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not a fan of tattoes. How about a picture of the 2 of you or an oil painting? They might look better longer.

I lost a favorite budgie. My cousin's ex-DH is an artist and he made a beautiful drawing of him from a wonderful picture. That picture is in a special place as the bird is in my heart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I am not a fan of tattoes. How about a picture of the 2 of you or an oil painting? They might look better longer.

I lost a favorite budgie. My cousin's ex-DH is an artist and he made a beautiful drawing of him from a wonderful picture. That picture is in a special place as the bird is in my heart.
Those are great ideas too. I don't know, I kinda feel like a tat would be more meaningful to me because for one they hurt. So going through the pain to get my beloved Popsie on my skin would be special in itself. Do I make any sense or do you think I'm a whack job?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i think that'd be a lovely idea. i have a tat of Pixel above my right ankle. i had originally thought i would do Mouse, but here's what i did: my friend found a line drawing online of a stretch pose. i took that, plus pix of all 5 of the cats [pre-Firefox] with me. the artist said that Pixel's markings would be easiest to mimic & would look the best. since she's a bicolor, & i wanted some COLOR to it, i asked about either flowers or books in addition so i would have more than just black/white. he posed the cat on top of a large hot pink book [my fave colors are royal blue & hot pink], plus he put a lot of highlights in her fur in blue tones.
pic here: tattoo. i really like the result!
I love your tat!!!! I want to get a tatoo but I am too chicken.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Those are great ideas too. I don't know, I kinda feel like a tat would be more meaningful to me because for one they hurt. So going through the pain to get my beloved Popsie on my skin would be special in itself. Do I make any sense or do you think I'm a whack job?
Would you ever hurt Popsie? We all know that you wouldn't. Would Popsie like it if you got a tattoo just because it hurt? I don't think so. Popsie might like a different way to be remembered - just ask.

Wait a minute. Last I knew Popsie keeps amusing us all!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the tat of Pixel!! I think many people will choose many differnt ways to remember their best beloved pets or family members.... what even you think is the best idea, is the one for you

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

I love the tat of Pixel!! I think many people will choose many differnt ways to remember their best beloved pets or family members.... what even you think is the best idea, is the one for you
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I love your tat!!!! I want to get a tatoo but I am too chicken.
thanks to both of you!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a wonderful idea. Cat faces are not the easiest things to tattoo, so make sure you research your artist carefully. There is an artist by the name of Tom Renshaw that may be fairly close to you, that does the most beautiful portraits, human and animal, ever. Even if you have to drive a little, or catch him at a nearby convention. He works by appointment only, so you will have to communicate with him first by email or phone, anyway if he's the guy. I have a friend that flies from NC to get work by him, and her husband is a good tattoo artist.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't be getting any tattoos.

The way I'll be remembering Beauty is through photos and her 2 blankets (until the next cat comes along knowing me!
)

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm excited for the Hell City tattoo festival next weekend here... I'll keep an eye out for ideas for you!

I like the idea of getting him tattooed, but think very carefully about it. You might want to do something besides just a portrait. One of my friends has two very stylized "portraits" of her cats on her shoulders, and they look awesome. Big colors, sort of cheshire-cat-in-the-Disney-movie style. I've also seen a lot of really well-done paw-print themed things.

For kicks, here's my most recent tattoo: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4d&id=12455134

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have a pawprint tattoo done after I lost Ginger, who was a very special cat to me - it will symbolise all my babes at the bridge though, as there are 8 so far, with no sign of me stopping helping oldies!! I can't imagine having one done for each of them.