Prayers for my Stepmom

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a Stroke today. My Dad called me and said she is sluring her speach. I told him it could be a Stroke and she needs to go to the Hospital. He said dont say that but I knew it was from what he was telling me. She drove to work like that too. She went to the Nurse there and they called 911 and took her to St Francis Hospital in San Francisco. Theey said its a Stroke.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least it sounds like a fairly mild one, if she was able to walk and drive, so maybe she can come fully back from it with therapy.
Many good thoughts for her and your dad...

meezersmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your stepmom. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending many good your way, and hoping she makes a full recovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks,
My Dad got a Call from her today and she kept saying no good then hung up. then we were talking she called again so he hung up. My Dad hasnt called back yet but he is scared. He had a Heart Attack and Triple Bypass in 2006.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm continuing to pray for her and I hope that she can recover from this. My grandmother suffers from strokes a little like your step-mum is experiencing at the moment - only more often over a long period of time. They're not as bad as having one large all out stroke, but they come frequently. It's left her with an inability to find words and she gets frustrated because she knows the words in her head, but she can't seem to get them out to the rest of the world. She has been having these "minor" strokes on and off for the last 10-15 years or so and they're not helped by her heart condition and all the medication she's on. I really hope that this is the last of the strokes and that your step-mum comes through the other side of this, it will be a long road, but it can be done

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry.
Can you get away to go help your dad through this?

It's possible to recover significantly, though, even from a fairly bad stroke. This doesn't necessarily mean she's gone. Keeping her in my thoughts...

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and prayers for your stepmom. If her speech is the only thing effected, she should be ok. I had a stroke at work in 2004 5 days after my 48th birthday, where I was unable to speak except for a couple of words. I recovered 99% of my speech and was back at work in 7 weeks. the only effects I now have is when I get real tired, I have trouble finding the right words.

She should be fine!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is she doing today? I am so sorry about the two strokes.
Vibes coming your way.