GUESS WHO!!!!?? *Pic Loaded!*

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

YUP!!!! I GOT TO BRING KUMAR HOME TODAY!!!

So yea I guess between yesterday and today... my boss's agreed that I could adopt him!!!! I bathed him while I was at the Shelter and wow!! was he dirty! me and one of my weekend bosses ((helping me)) had to rinse him 3 times till he looked white! ((he was very good during bathing though! never moved once!))
Then I brought him home... I read online that a blind dog will bump into things till it learns the area... boy did he "bump" into things! I think once we were out of the car and he felt the open space.. he wanted to run! lol he ran into the garage/shed a couple times.. and knocked the puppies over with his chain! Oh that too.. he is fine with other dogs, cats and everything!!
Going up and the the stairs is the only issue... going up: he bumps his head on every step, going down: he basically slides down

We do have Baby Gates to block the stairs while hes up/down stairs so he doesnt fall.

I believe Kumar has some sort of sight... when we were outside and my brother was playing with the puppies, Kumar stared right at him for almost a full min... then in the car on the way home from the Shelter, Kumar stared out the side window the whole time, as if he was watching the world go by, also he reacted to the Camera Flash when I took a pic of him.. every time it flashed he turned to look around.

OMG!! Kumar cleans his own mess!! lol really he does! he prefers his food NOT in the bowl so he dumps the bowl... then uses his nose to push it all in one pile!! its so cute to watch!!!

He really is a smart dog!!
Im trying this thing where I tap my hand on the Floor till he comes up to me then I reward him... its a way of training him to "Come" using vibrations.. and so far its worked every time!!!

Ok more pics now!!

Cleaning his mess..

Playing with the Puppies ((I tied him up while taking pics, he gets a harness next wal-mart visit))...

Hes such a pretty dog!! ((Australian Cattle Dog (mix??) is his Breed BTW))...

All 4 of the dogs (Kumar's exactly the same size as Bonnie, Kumar just has thicker fur)...

Also, My Boss shows Collies... Collie genetics arnt much different from Cattle Dog Genetics.... and still my boss cant figure out how Kumar doesnt have Hearing yet he has color pigments on both of his ears!! its really weird.
I guess Kumar is called a Double Dilute Merle Something... im not sure exactly but its somewhere around there... Double Dilutes often times come out Blind and/or Deaf ((sometimes worse)).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

ohh what a beutifull boy!

is he an outside dog too?
Thank You!

---

Of course not! I refuse to keep him chained up all day.. if im outside than yea, ill chain him up where I can supervise him but other than that, hes on a leash next to me or inside the house with me.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Thank You!

---

Of course not! I refuse to keep him chained up all day.. if im outside than yea, ill chain him up where I can supervise him but other than that, hes on a leash next to me or inside the house with me.
ahh cool i know many people up in US have outside dogs, its too cold here but you giys are lucky too have gorju weather,
awww you gotta hug the sweety pie for me!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

ahh cool i know many people up in US have outside dogs, its too cold here but you giys are lucky too have gorju weather,
awww you gotta hug the sweety pie for me!

Well yea I dont think its bad.. I think bad is when the dog only had dirt, a dog house and no attention... Our Puppies have access to the yard and a heated and/or cooled garage as well as attention all day long.
They will also be brought inside the house during the winter if it gets to cold.

---

Hehe I will!! lol

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wondering you appear to have a fence. Why are your dogs tied up? Not trying to be rude or anything just wondering.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

Just wondering you appear to have a fence. Why are your dogs tied up? Not trying to be rude or anything just wondering.
We only have a fence on 3 sides of the yard.. we are planning to put fence up in the one open area, we just gotta get money to buy the fencing
They most likely wont be tied up forever... plus I wanna be able to let Kumar run one day

Kumar gets so excited when I walk him out on the leash.. like he wants to run and play but I cant let him off the leash, cuz he will run.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So I learned something today, about Kumar...
I was laying on my bed reading a Magazine and Kumar was pacing the room and every so often going up to my window, pushing the curtain aside and looking then pacing again. I eventually moved him up to my bed with me and he went to the end of the bed (where the window is) and sat there staring out the window.... also my brother noticed that a piece of Kumars left eye is Brown... so his left eye is half blue and half brown and the right eye is all blue, not sure if it means anything but I figured id mention it.

Ill have more pics later when I upload them!!

EDIT:
And hes house trained!!! havnt had a mess yet!!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So Kumar is the funniest dog ever! lol he slept with me on the bed all night up until about 6am this morning.
Every once in a while I would wake up to check on him and make sure he was still on the bed.. now when I put him on my bed I set him between me and the wall... well somehow through the night he managed to roll to the opposite side of the bed.. I remember one time when I woke up to check on him he was laying on his back with his paws spread out above him
I wish I had the camera with me at that moment!!
At about 6am he rolled off the bed! I cant help but chuckle now although this morning when I heard the *Thud!!* I jumped right up and made sure he was ok.

Hes actually really funny... when im eating something and he smells it, hes all over me trying to get it!! lol I usually cant eat anything when he's around but I dont mind

Here are a couple more pics...

Kumar's Window...

See the Brown in his eye?...

Sleepy Dog lol....

Enjoy!!

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Vixen, Kumar is gorgeous. He is lucky to have you to adopt him. And
those idiots who bred merle to merle! Do they not know or care that this is likely to produce a deaf offspring with eye problems?

http://www.lethalwhites.com/doublemerle.html

But hey, you can help Kumar find his way around your house. Put some kind of scent at important locations (like top of stairway, bottom of stairway etc), you can use vanilla, or orange scent. It won't take much, if there is one sense that dogs almost always have it is their sense of smell. That way Kumar can use his nose to help him find his way around.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The people who bred Merle to Merle (producing Kumar) is most likely an Amish Family.... there not as cool as people put them out to be (IMO), there involved with the BYB too

---

Well.. im here for Kumar!!
So Kumar does this weird thing... like he'll start licking my Hand and he'll lick and lick and lick, then eventually start gnawing on my fingers... I dont mind, but its weird.
He's a good boy.. well behaved, friendly to everyone, quiet and just a love!!!

Im thinking about clipping his fur about 1/2 an inch.. Its hot out and I think his fur is to thick (he's always panting, even when I give him water), plus its all greasy and he could use new fur.
I wanted to ask.. could I use Human clippers to cut his hair? or will it damage the clippers?

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mmmmm dog people sometimes don't have a good opinion of the Amish because of that very problem.
Puppymill capital of PA.

I wouldn't clip his fur. It may seem like it keeps him too warm, but it insulates him. Besides, it isn't THAT warm in PA! If he's panting it could have other reasons, like fear, or maybe even something else. Give him a few days to settle in and see if the panting stops.
Here maybe this will be interesting for you...
http://www.dogsrhappy.com/

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kumar is such a cute dog!! Love his colors & his sweet looking face!