I'm so happy I could cry!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Really! I'm actually shaking with joy at this moment! My mother is in New York visiting my Grandmother and I called to see how her trip up was.

Well it turned out that she was over at my Great Aunt's house, and that my other Great Aunt was there. That particular Great Aunt I haven't been able to talk to in several years now! She is a Nun and was at a parish in that town, but she had a heart attack and had several other things came up after that so she's been in 'the Sister home' in a town a few hours away and I haven't been able to talk to her or anything. (In fact I remember posting on here asking for prayers for her when it happend.)

I love that woman to death! She's just the sweetest most giving person in the world. There is no one like her. I talked to her for just a few minutes and she just sounded soooo beyond wonderful. It was the same voice I hear in my head when I think of her. So cheerful and full of love. Gosh I just miss her so much. I literally think of her every single day.

I just had to share with someone how happy I am! I am not a crier at all. It was just the best unexpected surprise! I wish I were there to just hug her! Mom said she'd do that for me and she's taking pictures too.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Those are the best surprises - from the ones we love most. I'm so glad you got that gift.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm teary reading your post. How very wonderful and lovely. Thank you for sharing that gift with us.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that's wonderful, hon! But why is it normally not possible to call her? Is it against the rules of her order?

I hope you get to go visit her someday!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Aw, that's wonderful, hon! But why is it normally not possible to call her? Is it against the rules of her order?

I hope you get to go visit her someday!
Basically I can't call because so many people try to call her! When she first had the heart attack the hospital had to guard her room because of people trying to visit. And they had to remove her phone line and screen the calls coming in. She's served in that area for many many years. She ran a summer program for low income kids and the yearly bazaar and just so many projects for the community. Her leaving left a big hole. I mean she was like 74 or so when she had the heart attack, and she was still constantly on the go visiting people, bringing communion, and running those programs. She loved every minute of it too. She has basically the same conditions that my great-grandfather had late in his life.

It's not so much against the rules, but she was told that when she joined the church she left her family. So in a way it is. I know part of it is because they are looking to take care of her. She had to pretty much fight for the ability to make these trips home every six or so months. But I think now they've seen that her health improves tremendously when she does, so they are more willing to let her go and help her get there. Sometimes she has a nurse come with her, sometimes another sister will bring her. My Grandma was very close with her sisters. I appreciate their relationship. They are just special ladies. I admire them all.

I can't seem to find the picture I was looking for from this day of her, but she's the second from the right. The rest of the people in this pic are cousins.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
She has one of those infectious smiles. You can't help but be happy seeing those.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's so cute! Obviously this is a lady with enough love for church, parishioners, AND family.
Very glad she was able to talk to you!