Look what my mom brought home... sorta...

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This was so unexpected that if I hadnt heard my mom say that one special word... id never known she was going to get them!!

PUPPIES!!!!

So my mom comes up the stairs and calls for my brother and she said "Hey you wanna go look at these puppies with me?" I couldnt help but jump up

I got up and was like "what?"... I still didnt know what was going on till we were halfway there. I guess.. somehow while looking for a fridge... my mom came across a FREE PUPPIES add in our area on some sales site ((not sure what site))... and she had made plans to go meet these people.
OMG THERE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were 7 and its my brothers 21st birthday next week so my mom figured she'd get him a puppy... then on the way there decided "oh man.. Justin's gonna move out and take his dog.. so we need to get one!!"
So now we have Max (black and white) and Ginger (tan and black)... im a lil upset cuz the puppies are only about 6-7wks old... I think a lil to early to be taken from mom but they seem to be eating fine so I think were ok.
Both mom and dad dogs are Boxer/Lab... so there 50% Boxer and 50% Lab.
We were originally gonna get either 2 males or 2 females but my brother was picked by a male and my mom chose a female. That means someone gets the snippy snippy soon.
Ok here are pics!!
Bonnie was a lil confused but she'll live...

All 3 together...

Ginger...

The best pic I could get of Max...

Max and Ginger (Gingers a lil more shy)...

Max was resting his head on my brothers hand, he didnt want to move lol...

Bonnie saw my brother with treats.. I love Bonnies face in this pic...

Were still getting Kumar (Blind/Deaf Dog).. well my bosses have to talk about it first but if we can adopt him we still are.. were just gonna have a full house for a while
(Max and Ginger will be outside dogs eventually anyway).

Im just as shocked as you are
lol

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that we got to se Max and Gingers Parents.. Dad Dog was huge and beautiful!! but.. Mom Dog was a lil small and looked more like a Lab.
And I found this pic of Max, he looks identical to his dad here...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

They are cute, but I hope you get BOTH of them spayed and neutered - not just one
We most likely will... I just said one cuz thats the plan right now.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I agree with the two-for snip... if you're not going to breed I don't see the point in not doing it... but if you are going to do just one, I personally would pick the female cuz leaving her in tact can cause a huge host of problems... I'm sure you know all this lol just my two cents

They are adorable doggies!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, they are so cute! I'll bet that's a pretty good mix. Now I may be wrong, but I did some research and I thought that 7 weeks was a good age to bring puppies home to bond. Of course that was about 8 years ago when we got Shadow...

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No puppies need at LEAST 8 weeks with their mom to learn bite inhabition and other important things. Luckily you probably won't have a problem with that since you got two. I'm kind of sad that they are going to be outside dogs and don't really agree with that but they are cute.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

No puppies need at LEAST 8 weeks with their mom to learn bite inhabition and other important things. Luckily you probably won't have a problem with that since you got two. I'm kind of sad that they are going to be outside dogs and don't really agree with that but they are cute.
We got my puppy really young too, we're not positive how young, but it was really for her own good... we got her from a shelter and the story behind her and her brother was the guy that brought them in had saved him from his neighbor - the mama (and I guess daddy, idk) were outside only dogs and they were getting basically no attention at all... this man was selling off these dogs as pure-bread labs for thousands of dollars (ok, my pup has purple spots on her tongue, COME ON DUDE!) and the neighbor just couldn't stand to see the last 2 pups be neglected like that so he paid the guy and brought them into the shelter since he couldn't care for them himself... my dad and I showed up 2 hours later and I was in love! I was only allowed 1 though lol Overall she's a wonderful dog! Immediately went to the door to pee and all... she's 14 now
the only thing we think she didn't quite learn properly before leaving mama was how to properly drink from a bowl... she drinks and drinks and then her last mouthful, she doesn't swallow but just opens her mouth and lets it all fall out haha, makes for quite a mess especially when she doesn't stay over her bowl/placemat for it

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow- aren't they adorable. I guess your mom knows what a critter lover you are!

Hey vixen I posted some links for you about blind/deaf dogs on your other thread.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks 2dogmom!!

Actually I just found out.. from what my mom failed to inform me.. that the Puppies were Born sometime in Feb. so I guess there good to leave mama! Plus when we got them they had already been separated from Mom Dog cause she would bite the puppies.
There outside dogs because were not allowed to have them inside and there gonna grow big... also, at night they stay in a heated Garage.

*Adding More Pics!!!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
More Pics!

Ginger!

"My Toy!"

Her collar was a bit big so we adjusted it our own way.. lol...

Cutie!!!

Buddy!

For some reason I feel like hes gonna be big and a troublemaker!

Hehe...

Both!

There so funny...

So Max's name got changed to Buddy... idk why but it did. Ginger isnt so shy anymore, I got her to play Tug-of-War with me this morning and now she comes up to us on her own!
Also were thinking maybe theres a lil Mastiff mixed into them.. cuz when we looked up pics of Boxer/Labs, I dont think it looks like them... but when we looked up Mastiff/Boxer, they looked more like our Puppies.
Now Daddy Dog was Clearly Boxer Mix but Mama Dog.. I didnt think she looked Boxer at all.. I actually thought maybe Lab/Pitt, but the owners claimed she was Boxer/Lab... so there complete breed is unsure.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So what if they will be big dogs I have big dogs in my house and so do a lot of people. Sorry to say but that garage does not look puppy proofed at all puppies will get into anything and it looks like it's possible for them to get hurt in there. It's also not safe to chain up puppies for any length of time because it can damage their little throats. Could you possibly crate train them and let them sleep in crates instead of in the garage? Ok i'm done they are cute!

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is really hard to tell by looking at a dog what breeds are in the mix. Boxers and Mastiffs are related anyway. And it is even harder to tell if they are puppies. So just enjoy them and do your best to take care of them.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of DH's sisters has a purebred Boxer and a Yorkie and a Yorkie mix (none of them neutered/spayed). She has allowed the Yorkie to have 2 litters of mixed breed pups so far - and yes, she wants to breed to make money. She used to run a pet shop; sees nothing wrong with what she is doing!

The Yorkies are in the house with full run privledges - guess where the Boxer is???? In the garage in a very large crate and stays there almost 24/7. Only letting her out for a few mins a day to go potty. The Boxer cannot come in the house as her house is almost all wood and she doesn't want it scratched up.

I've tried to be nice about this, but makes me so sick and angry what she is doing!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At night the Puppies never leave the blanket there on (not even when we're there)... the garage door is always open a lil to go in and out.
Were not allowed to have big dogs in our house (landlords rules)... plus they've been fine so far and there checked almost every hour by at least one of my family members (if not by me)... EX: last night I went to bed around 2, that was the last time I checked on them, then sometime after that my mom checked on them and then I woke up about 8:30-9:00 this morning and when I took Kumar out I checked on the puppies... and they've been fine.
Now there is no way im ever gonna do what GoldenKitty45 DH's sister does to her dog.. that, too, sickens me. I actually have a small thing against cages and will only use one if its absolutely necessary.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Could you not at least keep them in the house now (they technically are not big dogs yet) they really shouldn't be chained up like that it is very dangerous for a puppy.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

Could you not at least keep them in the house now (they technically are not big dogs yet) they really shouldn't be chained up like that it is very dangerous for a puppy.
I totally agree. Why have them at all if their jsut going to be tied up in the yard all the time? And if your not allowed to have big dogs in the house, then why have them?

Dogs have to be stimulated, and being tied up all the time is going to bore them into being destructive. Then they will get blamed for doing bad things, its a bad cycle!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking at those baby puppies on chains and tie outs breaks my heart
That is pretty harsh. Outside puppies growing up to be outside dogs on a chain

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

One of DH's sisters has a purebred Boxer and a Yorkie and a Yorkie mix (none of them neutered/spayed). She has allowed the Yorkie to have 2 litters of mixed breed pups so far - and yes, she wants to breed to make money. She used to run a pet shop; sees nothing wrong with what she is doing!

The Yorkies are in the house with full run privledges - guess where the Boxer is???? In the garage in a very large crate and stays there almost 24/7. Only letting her out for a few mins a day to go potty. The Boxer cannot come in the house as her house is almost all wood and she doesn't want it scratched up.

I've tried to be nice about this, but makes me so sick and angry what she is doing!
There is NO excuse for such criminal behavior, how would she like it if she got "too big" she was kicked out of the home and shoved into a crate almost 24/7. Amazing!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok people.. please stop bashing me because of this!!! there fine! there chains arnt to heavy for them and its not like they dont have shelter, there NOT gonna be on the chains forever anyway!! we're gonna put fencing up so they can run.. it just takes time.
And they get human interaction everyday almost all day long!!!

So please stop!!!