We got a kitten

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the name, but at 7 weeks old and a single kitten, he is using you for a substitute for siblings. That's why you need to keep them together for 10-12 weeks old minimum so they learn about biting and playing rough.

If you can, I'd seriously consider adopting a 2nd kitten about his age or a few weeks older to help him develop into a better kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Love the name, but at 7 weeks old and a single kitten, he is using you for a substitute for siblings. That's why you need to keep them together for 10-12 weeks old minimum so they learn about biting and playing rough.

If you can, I'd seriously consider adopting a 2nd kitten about his age or a few weeks older to help him develop into a better kitten.
He is actually the 4th (and final) kitten in the house.

We figured thats what it is so I was wondering if there is a good way to teach him not to bite, almost the same way the siblings would teach each other. The other 3 cats are very angry and hiding LOL. Give them time and they will love him, they just arent so sure right now!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your older cats will do all of the training for you. They will let him get away with some stuff for awhile, but they will get tired of it and let him know.
Zoey would pin the girls down when they were too rough. I was worried that she was too rough with them at first, but they never had any bite marked or scratches. Over a two week period, the little girls learned their manners.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Your older cats will do all of the training for you. They will let him get away with some stuff for awhile, but they will get tired of it and let him know.
Zoey would pin the girls down when they were too rough. I was worried that she was too rough with them at first, but they never had any bite marked or scratches. Over a two week period, the little girls learned their manners.
Okay good! I hope they start accepting him soon.
Thanks! Its been 3 years since I've had a kitten so I wasnt real sure. And when we had Kahlua as a kitten Chablis was still living with us and he was much more of a mother than our cats are being!