What kind of cat do I have?

aluckyducky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I recently took in a 7 month old cat from a shelter. His name is Toby, and he is a wonderful companion. He is very vocal and never leaves my side. I can hear him purring from the other room, and he is extremely playful. I am however puzzled at his most unusual coloring. I do not know a lot about cat breeds and what not (I just felt a connection with him the moment I laid eyes on him, and that was that) but I am curious as to what kind of breed or mix he is if any of you may know.

He has beautiful coloring. And these pictures do not do his eyes justice. They are the most beautiful blue eyes.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...f/whatkind.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n.../whatkind4.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n.../whatkind2.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n.../whatkind3.jpg

I tried to post multiple pictures to show his coloring... but I would also like to include his very WHITE belly color and the dark marks in the back of each leg.

Maybe some kind of mix?

Thank you for your help!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of the coloring on a Ragdoll type of cat. I know its a specific color and there are Ragdoll breeders on here that can identify the exact shading.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking Tonk but I know practically nothing when it comes to breeds.

He is a very handsome cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aluckyducky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, he is beautiful. All I saw through the cage was his face at first (I am kind of short) and those gorgeous blue eyes... and there was just an instant connection! As soon as the woman at the shelter set him down next to me, he came right over to my lap and curled up in it. It was the cutest thing. So I was sold, and took him home. Lol.

At first he was very quiet and would never leave my lap. But now that it's been about a week he is very very playful, running all over the apartment and pouncing various things on the floor such as shoes. He loves to try to jump onto my yoga ball. Lol.

Anyway, all of this just has be so curious as to what kind of a cat he is!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Reminds me of the coloring on a Ragdoll type of cat. I know its a specific color and there are Ragdoll breeders on here that can identify the exact shading.
i don't know... looks more like a dilute snowshoe to me. are there shorthair Ragdolls?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a lynx point something-or-other. Maybe raggie, maybe siamese (applehead) mix? The ear tufts are different!! if he has raggie in him, he's a bi-color.

Regardless, he's gorgeous!!!

EDIT: Mmmmm.... could have some snowshoe in him.... aren't Snowshoes usu. mitted?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ragdolls don't come in shorthair. Was saying the color of the cat reminds me of the color/markings of the Ragdolls. Its a pointed mix

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a Ragdoll kitten at about 4 1/2 months. Your baby is adorable, by the way! His color is blue lynx point, I would think.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If he's a Raggie mix, and lets say the father is shorthaired moggie. Is it possible to get a raggie marked s/h?

Kittens I had in the past with a l/h and s/h, the longhairs looked like mum and the shorthairs all looked like dad.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only if the shorthair parent was a pointed cat or a pointed carrier. Points are recessive. If only one parent has it, then you get non-pointed kittens, but 1/2 the kittens will be carrying the pointed gene

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Isn't longhair recessive also? I agree that he looks like a Ragdoll mix.
Toby is TOO CUTE!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat is a domestic shorthair. Just because the coloring resembles colors in the Ragdoll breed does not mean a parent is a Ragdoll (possible buy highly unlikely). I am not familiar with those colors so I am not sure what color you would call your DSH. He is a beautiful cat.