Not my loquats you don't!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is DH's birthday so I gave him a little birthday present.
Don't worry, I'm going to get to the loquats.

So, DH leaves for work and I go to get into the shower. Butzie comes in with a baby Stellar's Jay in her mouth. I quickly take it out. No blood, feathers intact and still breathing. OK, I rush downstairs, stark naked, to put the bird by the feeders outside and hope that mama birdie will come for the little one. The little bird flies away and up which is a good sign. It looks like it is going to make it and I am still naked. I thank heavens that the meter reader came a couple of days ago. I am just about to head back inside when a guy from our county comes to collect the insect trap that the county puts in my loquat tree. I look up to say hello and realize that I am still stark naked.
All I could think to say was, "Not my loquats you don't!" but I just said hi and quickly went around the house and inside.

Maybe this belongs in "What's new pussycat" but I really had a hard time trying to post it there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

How embarrassing! What did the guy do?!

Glad you saved the birdie.
He had a big smile and waved!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If he's seen it before, he knows what it all is, so he shouldn't be excited.

And if he's never seen it before, he won't know what is, so he shouldn't be excited.

And you just provided him with a story to tell down at the shop that will get everyone laughing.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may find the county will be taking a particular interest in the insect life of your neighborhood from now on.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

1.-How embarrassing! What did the guy do?!
2.-Glad you saved the birdie.
1.- Oh my!

2.-

Originally Posted by butzie

He had a big smile and waved!
At least he has good mood!

....BTW!,...

Happpppy Biiiiiirthday George!!!!

Many Happy Returns!!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

You may find the county will be taking a particular interest in the insect life of your neighborhood from now on.
Bet the other guys down at the shop were envious

Your story is like my own "Pants Off Dance" that I did on a country road the other day, during my walk!!! I accidentally stepped on a swarm of red ants!! I was stripping off as fast as I could, but they still got into my bra & panties, biting of course
I was swatting, pinching, as fast as I could, while kicking my clothes down the road
My new name..."Running Bare"

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Your story is like my own "Pants Off Dance" that I did on a country road the other day, during my walk!!! I accidentally stepped on a swarm of red ants!! I was stripping off as fast as I could, but they still got into my bra & panties, biting of course
I was swatting, pinching, as fast as I could, while kicking my clothes down the road
I can just this in my mind.
I'm sorry to laugh, but that is too funny.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Running Bare,

My name around this county now is Flightless, Featherless Bird Healer.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rosemary the Buck Naked Babe!! Well, did you get a "rise" out of the county worker!??? Tee, hee!!!!

EDIT: good thing you have been going to the gym and working out like a fiend lately!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Rosemary the Buck Naked Babe!! Well, did you get a "rise" out of the county worker!??? Tee, hee!!!!
Brings to mind..."but Love grows where my Rosemary goes"

You must have made his day!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all crack me up! Algebrapro18 - I know what figures you are thinking of!

Originally Posted by AddieBee

EDIT: good thing you have been going to the gym and working out like a fiend lately!!
Yeah, all that swimming. I really showed off my tan!

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Brings to mind..."but Love grows where my Rosemary goes"

You must have made his day!
I love that song, of course! But you gave it a new meaning for me.

Originally Posted by calico2222

You DO know you are now a legend in the insect-fighting world! I have a feeling you will get better service now than anyone else in town. Heck, you may even get a discount!
The county is only supposed to check the trap once per season. I have moved up to once a month and it blooms for 4 months.